[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by fingersplints »

Hello everyone, I'm going to try to catch up, but given the size of the thread I'm honestly probably never going to so if anyone wants to give me a summary that would be awesome. Perhaps I will vote for someone who didn't welcome me into the game. Oh wait that was everyone :suspish:
Matt F wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Matt F wrote:
Golden wrote:It's completely possible he is part of the scum team, but I won't leave someone new out in the cold in case they are really struggling.
I hear that. On Day 0 or Day 1, I would've been right there with you.

But on Day 4...after voting several times...after "having the gist of it" in pre-game...

:ponder:

At the same time, I don't want to railroad a new guy if he is being genuine. Weird, though.
I'm more inclined to believe he is a lost civvie. I feel if he was on a Mafia team he would have some peeps to talk him through it.
If Floyd was on my Mafia team, and he had been rarely posting but making votes without explanation, I would absolutely tell him to start asking questions in thread to avoid suspicion.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I was taught this in my first game ever (I was Mafia my first game).

Does anyone agree this is possible?

(expecting Roxy to vote me again for questioning the new guy) :P
I want to point out while I agree it is more likely, it's also possible for a new player to have inactive teammates and therefore not receive help. The first game I played I didn't know I was bad or realize how to play the game and was all sad in the thread when my teammate died. The third game I played I was bad and got lynches for drive by voting. I had btsc all three of my first games even the civvie one, but it wasn't until my third time bad was I given a teammate who could help me.
Anyways the point of this is this doesn't clear anyone for me, because new players are often coached less then they are accused of. And if in my read I feel bad about mr f then I will keep this defense in mind.
Gro-oo-ovy
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:Defensive when no need to be.

He's barely played on the first four days and making votes is about the easiest thing to imitate. He might be scum, but it'd be impossible to tell. Your reasons for thinking so are based on your own meta.

We should lynch sorsha today based on the fact that sorsha got unlynched yesterday and golden (who is basically confirmed town) was the other candidate along with rico who is apparently unlynchable today.

Sorsha is my vote.
Sorry dude, I actually didn't mean to "sound" defensive, just having fun about the clouds thing. XD When I originally read him, I saw in OT green he mentioned some mental shit going on, but didn't know if that was for real or just him avoiding suspicion.

I'm happy with a Sorsha vote, however, I believe you and some others have asked me for opinions about some other players in the game, and I plan on getting to that some time this day period.

Floyd - At the beginning of the game, there were twenty-some players with good guy roles, seven with bad guy roles (who are on a team and speak with each other outside of the thread in either a chatroom or through Private Message, making plans on how to destroy the town), and one player as the Psycho Killer.

The object of the game for the good guys is to eliminate all of the bad guys and the psycho killer. The object of the game for the bad guys is to eliminate all of the good guy and the psycho killer. The object of the game for the psycho killer is to Crystal Lake this bitch and be the last man standing.

During Day phases, which usually last 48 hours, all of the players speak in the thread, trying to figure out who the bad guys are. During the day phase, we also vote in the lynch poll (of which you have done, so you know what I'm talkin' about) to decide who the town wants to kill that day. Hopefully we nail some bad guys.

During the Night phases, we all get to use our super awesome role powers that our hosts gave us at the beginning of the game. If you check your PMs, there should be a message from MP at the beginning of the game, telling you your role and your role power. Anyway, during the Night phase, the bad guy team AND the psycho killer both get to perform a kill each every night. Hopefully they kill each other.

I probably left some stuff out, if anyone wants to add anything, have at it.

Linki - Welcome splints
Image Image Image Image
espers
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 32

Post by espers »

has jjj ever complained of mafia burnout/tiredness inhibiting his ability to play before?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt F wrote:http://forum.lostpedia.com/showthread.p ... fia/page14

Looking through my first game to see if I was feigning asking questions (pretty sure I was), and ran across my first post ever in Mafia that created the legend...
MR F wrote:Whoa.

I had no idea the game started, I have to get ready for work in like 20 min., I have like 6 different PMs and there's already 14 pages to this thread.

LOL

Anywho, ummmm like I said before I know next to nothing about the Beatles, but people seem to be making sense about Penny Lane being an actual road, so boom.

Hopefully there won't be 30 pages by the time I get off work lol
After letting everyone know I received 6 PMs at the start of the game, I was pretty much fucked, though. Haha!
I love this post. Beatles was awesome. Poor old Daisy had so much patience with our constant incompetence :P You missed off the funniest part though, how just before you posted we'd been talking in btsc about what to say and what not to say, but I didn't tell you not to mention PMs because I thought it was obvious!

I'm still considering Russti for today, I think FZ could've been onto something. I still feel reasonably good about Sorsha and Epi, as well as JJJ. I don't think Matt is bad either but there are so many people I feel like I've seen nothing from and/or just don't have a strong enough opinion of. I am going to look at a few of those today as well. Might begin with the rainbow list RBZ was kind enough to post right before his untimely demise and look over his posts to see if he might have been onto anything in particular. I do disagree with him about JJJ though.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:beer:

Anywho, just spent about 2 hours re-reading bcornett, blackrock/aces, bullzeye, choutas, and Devin. Will get to more tomorrow, hopefully finish it, but if not, definitely by Tuesday.

Quick note which I'll bring up when the whole thing is posted - Does anyone else find it very odd that Devin would choose MM and Dr Wilgy as his assistant CEO picks in Dusk 0, but then NEVER speak with either of them or mention them in any of his posts the rest of the game so far? I found that real interesting. Btw, he was my last read, and if he did mention either of them somewhere, my bad. But I don't recall him having any interaction with either of them despite his vote choices Dusk 0.

Super tired, goin' to sleep, bye bye!
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:
Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Floyd has been going through some shit. Let him figure out the game and learn how to play before you make him regret playing dude.
So you believe I should let him be?

Oh shit, I just came out from the clouds again. Sorry bro. :beer:

Anyway, I'm out for a few hours. I may check the thread out when I get home, if not, see ya all tomorrow!
Defensive when no need to be.

He's barely played on the first four days and making votes is about the easiest thing to imitate. He might be scum, but it'd be impossible to tell. Your reasons for thinking so are based on your own meta.

We should lynch sorsha today based on the fact that sorsha got unlynched yesterday and golden (who is basically confirmed town) was the other candidate along with rico who is apparently unlynchable today.

Sorsha is my vote.
What and Why?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Nothing has happened to unmake her a scum but all other candidates from yesterday look town ergo I am inclined to believe she was saved by le scum making her mega scum like a megazord.
seaside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 137

Re: [NIGHT 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by seaside »

Matt F wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Matt F wrote:I don't understand. Do you believe I've been holding up the town?
Nah I was just pointing out that seaside attributed a quote to me that was in fact yours.
:shrug:

Looked at his quote, and if that's not your quote, that's cool, but I don't think it's mine, either. I did bring up Uh Oh, but not the way seaside quoted. Not that it matters either way, just want to clarify.

Bullz - anti-Mafia means possibly civvie, possibly SK
seaside wrote:woops i messed up that quote. i wrote the thing that golden is credited as writing there and strawhenge wrote what rbz wrote.
not sure where you come into this at all matt or a2thezebra???
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30

Post by fingersplints »

I need to look back and find out why Roxy voted Matt f. Looking at who is killed I am fairly confident she is a civvie. With how she is (perhaps I should say how we are lol) about new/returning players there is no way she is involved in any of those kills.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, players!

Just a friendly reminder to please bold and underline (since bolding alone isn't quite noticeable enough) your vote in a post simultaneously to any votes that you cast in the poll. It is not technically required for your vote to count, but it'll help out your hosts a ton in trying to keep track of all of these votes and vote changes!

Thanks much!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Whoa, you guys accumulated 30 more pages since the middle of Day 2? Wow.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

Well, I'm certainly feeling better about Golden. Sorry for the previous Day's vote. But you were asking for it ;) Anything I can clear up for you? I see I'm in your top 3 :)

I'm going back to voting for Sorsha. Because, reasons.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Well, I'm certainly feeling better about Golden. Sorry for the previous Day's vote. But you were asking for it ;) Anything I can clear up for you? I see I'm in your top 3 :)

After you voting for her I'm feeling much less secure about my vote. My scum sensor is tingling. If you're scum you wouldn't be so gung ho in joining a forming lynch of sorsha if she was scum. Of course she can be scum and you town but you both look suss to me.

Also since Golden is becoming a consensus townie for most players in the game he should seduce a scummy player today in order to be survive until the endgame in case they attempt to whack him the following nights.
It pains me to say it but we either win with Golden or lose with Golden.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

RIP Zebra and FZ :(

It's not... yesterday... anymore.

And speaking of yesterday, I completely forgot to practice and record another tune. Saturday's EoD was too consuming for me and I spent Sunday half in sleep, half occupied with my parents coming back from their vacation and invading what was Rico Solo Fort for a whole week. Probably won't have time to further pursue this tune trend, in general... :sigh:

---

And you may ask yourself... well, something I already did.
Ricochet wrote: Hosts, is the seduced by Uh-Oh informed by you that he's been seduced?
If the answer is no, I guess players should at least keep an eye on who and when Golden votes. :p

---

And you may find yourself that the (Choutas, don't be hatin'!) SK has murdered a RYM player for a second consecutive time (FZ counting as that). Makes me wonder if there isn't any limitation to his killing range and it can aid us in profiling him.

---

And you may ask yourself: how do we feel about Llama's departure. It's certainly the first time I'm witnessing him give up - although I remember him saying he can only play properly until the 21st, plus something about personal issues... - and him having been disconnected from the game is a bit of an understatement. Llama being Llama, I'd still normally get bad vibes from him not taking any sides and playing so distant. It could still be a tactic to leave no traces behind.

Welcome nonetheless, FS!

---

And you may find yourself just as irked by Floyd's statement as I am. It's in complete dissonance with him doing enough in the thread to never drop under the participation score - posted at least once every Day (so within the 72 hours requirement), made ghost votes each Day (each and every one completely left field of the main topics), thus we can also assume he sent his night powers as well. This isn't cluelessness and inability to play the right way. Why didn't he take advantage of the three-Day replacement window to sub out, if he's a lone civ, swamped in RL, overwhelmed by the game?

In my experience, the popular perception would be that baddie lurkers would make their baddie teammates anxious enough for them to try to push them to participate more. But given the stage of Floyd's inactivity makes me think that, if he's bad, the team can equally suggest that he cultivates this persona further. If Floyd is bad, they can win advantadge every time the lynch goes elsewhere, postponing the eventual Day when Floyd would get lynched or removed. When that Day would come, they could also buss him hard and unanimously. Granted, if they actually attempted right now to have him stick to his thing, his "I don't know what's happening" still comes off pretty unconvincing or, at least, contradictory.

I don't know how I feel about all this, but I don't like it. Together with RDW and rey/RF not saying/doing much, it really makes me paranoid that at least one of them is a lurking baddie. I'm also feeling I've seen less from players like b24 and Russ in the past Day or so, compared to the early contributions.

---

Lastly I may tell myself that I probably shouldn't be grateful to River for being removed from the poll. He may have intended to block me, instead, and the result was randomized the other way :grin: Nonetheless, I am still pleased for this grace period I received and pledge to get back to the hunt. :srsnod:

In fact, my case coming up in the next hour or, if I don't manage to redact it (I have to go out in about two hours), later this evening.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote: And you may ask yourself... well, something I already did.
Ricochet wrote: Hosts, is the seduced by Uh-Oh informed by you that he's been seduced?
If the answer is no, I guess players should at least keep an eye on who and when Golden votes. :p
My bad, didn't mean to miss this question.

My answer is: Good question. :feb:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote: And you may ask yourself... well, something I already did.
My bad, didn't mean to miss this question.

My answer is: Good question. :feb:
Same as it ever was!
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

Choutas wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Well, I'm certainly feeling better about Golden. Sorry for the previous Day's vote. But you were asking for it ;) Anything I can clear up for you? I see I'm in your top 3 :)

After you voting for her I'm feeling much less secure about my vote. My scum sensor is tingling. If you're scum you wouldn't be so gung ho in joining a forming lynch of sorsha if she was scum. Of course she can be scum and you town but you both look suss to me.
I still don't understand why I'm being painted red. I'm not bad. I think Sorsha's bad. That's why I'm voting there. I'm hoping to see that your last sentence is 100% correct. Right now I can only confirm 50%.... Well 66% of it, if you include that we both look suss to you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Re: [DAY 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by RadicalFuzz »

This is strange.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Diiny, I need you to talk to me. If I have developed any ability to read Syndicate games at all yet, I'd say you're the most likely player on Day 1 to be lynched right now as a direct result of your recent content. If you're town, I need you to give me confidence of that with open and continuous dialogue. You're an asset if you're on my side, but for the moment I harbor doubts.
This and several other posts from J3 are almost literally asking Diiny to townread him. Is this common for J3, or have they worked together extremely well in the past?
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by RadicalFuzz »

espers wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Disclaimer: While I have subbed in, I will be unavailable for the most part until either Sunday night or Monday morning. I have a little time in between, but I imagine most of that will be catching up. Just keep that in mind, whether you decide to lynch me or leave me be until I get caught up.
why are you worried about being lynched so soon after replacing in?
I despise being lynched for actions not my own
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Choutas wrote:

I still don't understand why I'm being painted red. I'm not bad. I think Sorsha's bad. That's why I'm voting there. I'm hoping to see that your last sentence is 100% correct. Right now I can only confirm 50%.... Well 66% of it, if you include that we both look suss to you.
Maybe Devin. I find Mac one of the towniest guys in the game. Having strong ties with seaside I'm a good judge of his and he looks incredibly townie to me. So the first three votes are a townie wagon to me. You happened to be the fourth vote and you don't look good to me for reasons outlined by JJJ(no buddying intended), it fits in my brain. Suspicious player jumps fourth in a townie wagon of a townie lynch. At least it doesn't look that both of you are scum, it's way too early to vote for a scummate so tacticwise to me you can't be both scum. The worst scenario of you two both being townies is completely disastrous to me reads and Iwon't even consider it that's how confident I am.
Btw if you're townie don't be overwhelmed by me. I'm a bully in mafia. In case you haven't figured it out already. Usually I post much more and occasionally make reads. This game is humongous however and I didn't expect it to be this way.
Btw Vito must be a big Devin Townsend fan. If you're looking for players mods you can try inviting him over. You can also try Crat or MMB
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Zebra's posts reminds me a lot of crat really it's weird.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

So I'm "caught up" with all the posts since my replacement. I see Rico dodged being lynched yesterday and is not on the ballot today. Why is Sorsha the immediate go-to after Rico?

Editor's Note: I'm going to have a lot of questions that have likely already been answered, so I apologize in advance.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

espers wrote:has jjj ever complained of mafia burnout/tiredness inhibiting his ability to play before?
Hah, have you ever ISO'd about 60 players in one sitting (everyone in the game with individual LC ISOs within each)? I'm human.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks Zebra and FZ for great efforts.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 140

Post by bcornett24 »

I think I have finally caught up with the entire thread, which took a while. Everything was extremely fuzzy now I at least have some focus on a couple of players.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RadicalFuzz wrote:This is strange.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Diiny, I need you to talk to me. If I have developed any ability to read Syndicate games at all yet, I'd say you're the most likely player on Day 1 to be lynched right now as a direct result of your recent content. If you're town, I need you to give me confidence of that with open and continuous dialogue. You're an asset if you're on my side, but for the moment I harbor doubts.
This and several other posts from J3 are almost literally asking Diiny to townread him. Is this common for J3, or have they worked together extremely well in the past?
You're a town read now, congratulations.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey Devin, let's fight.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Relationship between Devin the Omniscient and Long Con:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Choutas wrote:My first vote for the day goes to Devin. His style is similar to mine and I hate myself so make the math.
Me too :consoling:

As long as it's not for being a "lurker." I'm not even being that this game. For RYMers: I am a Staff Accountant who experiences extreme business for at least 2 weeks out of the month, every single month. It begins on the 1st of each month and runs for 2 weeks after that (pending any unexpected delays). I'm stating this, btw, because I saw some discussion of lynching lurkers or low posters. Just wanted to explain my position those unfamiliar with me.

I will go ahead and put a placeholder on Diiny again. Though, I did like the points LC was making about MacDougall. Will go back and read that more carefully if I get a chance to.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Welcome BR!!

Just popping in to say I'm going to keep my vote where it is today. I skimmed through MacDougal's posts like I said I would, and I'm just not seeing what LC is seeing atm. I'm marking him down as neutral for the time being.

Linki: Having been his teammate in The Flash, I completely agree with that, Golden.
The content highlighted in yellow is relevant to LC in that Devin was discussing some points made by LC about MacDougall.

Devin is highly vague on both counts. Initially he said he "liked" the points made by LC and that'd be review further. Then, upon "skimming" further, he determined that he's "just not seeing what LC is seeing atm". This bears the appearance of fake involvement to me, and the fact that it's directly related to LC is a problem. I don't struggle to view this scenario as Devin using his team mate's contributions as a springboard into discussion (specifically about Mac), before arbitrarily siding against his team mate for the sake of creating distance.

This would be less troubling if I had any idea why Devin initially liked LC's points and later discarded them, but I do not. I have absolutely no idea what Devin's thought process was with regards to Mac and I am unconvinced he had one. Bad look.

Everything else Devin said about LC came after LC's lynch.

Long Con never made any mention of Devin.

~~~

I think Devin looks bad here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:This is strange.
You're a town read now, congratulations.
Thanks? I'm concerned about how quickly you're forming your conclusions, though. I've made a few posts and, unless you're basing your opinion of me on what Reywas said or did when he was here, that's not very much information. I get that you're looking for town reads, but you're almost too hasty, it's disconcerting.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bcornett24 wrote:I think I have finally caught up with the entire thread, which took a while. Everything was extremely fuzzy now I at least have some focus on a couple of players.
Tell me Brian. Shower me in delicious reads.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Likely Town
Golden
Elohcin

Possibly Town
Epignosis
Matt F
seaside - frustration seems legitmate
sig
Roxy

Neutral/Unknown
espers
Black Rock
fingersplints
MacDougall
Strawhenge
TheFloyd73
rundontwalk
Metalmarsh89
RadicalFuzz
Russtifinko

Possibly Scum
Choutas
Devin the Omniscient
DrWilgy
JaggedJimmyJay - zebra dies right soon after mentioning he suspects JJJ, thought this is also a good setup for scum
Ricochet
motel room

Likely Scum
Bullzeye
Diiny - something is off went from a
Sorsha - seems like scum but it also feels like she is being setup (this is a gut feeling)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Thanks? I'm concerned about how quickly you're forming your conclusions, though. I've made a few posts and, unless you're basing your opinion of me on what Reywas said or did when he was here, that's not very much information. I get that you're looking for town reads, but you're almost too hasty, it's disconcerting.
The most important role you play as a newly replacing in player in a game this massive, especially for a player with nearly no posts, is to assert yourself in such a manner that you can be read fairly. Moreover, the rest of us are especially tasked with assessing your content, whether it's substantive or light, and getting you the heck out of the neutral pile.

The fact that you've bothered to look deep enough into the older sectors of this thread to find the post of mine that you highlighted -- and raise a point that I can understand you raising since you don't know me -- is a good look for you. It shows me that you're invested in your position as a replacement in this game, and in trying to figure out how to get a read on people. It's good enough for me to say you're a town read now.

Doesn't mean I will love you forever and we'll drift away into the sunset, but for now I think you're headed in a positive direction.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Ill be posting this again as it is not finished, clicked the wrong button meant to preview. Feel free to ask questions, some of these are certainly gut reads. The amount of content is staggering and I have been playing catch-up all game which makes reads rather difficult, as I do not like to throw out random reads as it has no benefit for the town, hence the large group of neutral reads.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bcornett24 wrote:JaggedJimmyJay - zebra dies right soon after mentioning he suspects JJJ, thought this is also a good setup for scum
He died ~one minute~ after rainbowing me in the red dead zone. Even if the scum wanted to frame me they didn't have time for that -- they almost surely had sent in their kill already when he posted that rainbow.

Granted he was suspicious of me prior to that for basically the whole game. Hard guy to please. :shrug:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bcornett24 wrote:Bullzeye
Sorsha - seems like scum but it also feels like she is being setup (this is a gut feeling)
Please finish your comment on Diiny.

I'm also curious how your read of Sorsha can be explained. Why does she seem like scum, and conversely why does it feel like a setup? That's an extremely important distinction and I think you need to pick a side immediately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bcornett24 wrote:Ill be posting this again as it is not finished, clicked the wrong button meant to preview. Feel free to ask questions, some of these are certainly gut reads. The amount of content is staggering and I have been playing catch-up all game which makes reads rather difficult, as I do not like to throw out random reads as it has no benefit for the town, hence the large group of neutral reads.
Oh this. Word, finish your stuff chum.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I'm also curious how your read of Sorsha can be explained. Why does she seem like scum, and conversely why does it feel like a setup? That's an extremely important distinction and I think you need to pick a side immediately.
What he said about Sorsha.

So nobody else thinks it's odd about Devin not mentioning or speaking with EITHER of his CEO picks?

:rolleyes: @ Roxy's vote
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

bcornett24 wrote: Likely Scum
Bullzeye
Because Golden said so?
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Thanks? I'm concerned about how quickly you're forming your conclusions, though. I've made a few posts and, unless you're basing your opinion of me on what Reywas said or did when he was here, that's not very much information. I get that you're looking for town reads, but you're almost too hasty, it's disconcerting.
The most important role you play as a newly replacing in player in a game this massive, especially for a player with nearly no posts, is to assert yourself in such a manner that you can be read fairly. Moreover, the rest of us are especially tasked with assessing your content, whether it's substantive or light, and getting you the heck out of the neutral pile.

The fact that you've bothered to look deep enough into the older sectors of this thread to find the post of mine that you highlighted -- and raise a point that I can understand you raising since you don't know me -- is a good look for you. It shows me that you're invested in your position as a replacement in this game, and in trying to figure out how to get a read on people. It's good enough for me to say you're a town read now.

Doesn't mean I will love you forever and we'll drift away into the sunset, but for now I think you're headed in a positive direction.
That's a much more logical answer than I'm used to getting. I like you. I'll be sure to change your mind at some point.

By the way, you never did answer my question. Is that common for you, to want to cooperate with as many civilians as possible, or is it specifically Diiny?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

fingersplints wrote:I need to look back and find out why Roxy voted Matt f. Looking at who is killed I am fairly confident she is a civvie. With how she is (perhaps I should say how we are lol) about new/returning players there is no way she is involved in any of those kills.
1) Are you saying in a Mafia with 7 players, only Roxy is able to decide who to kill?

2) I'm a returning player after missing Mafia for two years, and Roxy has been voting me the entire game, so your point is null and void.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt F wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I need to look back and find out why Roxy voted Matt f. Looking at who is killed I am fairly confident she is a civvie. With how she is (perhaps I should say how we are lol) about new/returning players there is no way she is involved in any of those kills.
1) Are you saying in a Mafia with 7 players, only Roxy is able to decide who to kill?

2) I'm a returning player after missing Mafia for two years, and Roxy has been voting me the entire game, so your point is null and void.
You were gone for TWO YEARS? What? But we were just playing Sherlock together last... August... 2013... Wow. That went by quick!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RadicalFuzz wrote:By the way, you never did answer my question. Is that common for you, to want to cooperate with as many civilians as possible, or is it specifically Diiny?
I was leaving that question for anyone else, since I have inherent bias (I'm me!). I'd be happy to answer though: cooperation and teamwork is more important to me in mafia games than anything else. So often do I see people who are intrinsically distrustful of everyone else, and everyone plays the game like it's a single player RPG and prays that their own reads are legit. This makes people worry that I'm buddying others, but I just don't care at all.

Diiny specifically is a special example because he employs a general strategy that is quite like my own. For that reason I think he and I make great townies together. More importantly, I thought his early hard aggression might be enough to get him speed lynched in this environment (where he has never played), because it's not at all typical of most people on The Syndicate. I had my own early misgivings about Diiny (I still do frankly), so I engaged him directly and personally to hash out my own Day 1 read on him. If he's town then I want him around, and I needed the confidence in him to defend his honor and try to slow the Day 1 momentum working against him (something I eventually elected against doing because I didn't accumulate the confidence in his town credentials that I was hoping for).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:JaggedJimmyJay - zebra dies right soon after mentioning he suspects JJJ, thought this is also a good setup for scum
He died ~one minute~ after rainbowing me in the red dead zone. Even if the scum wanted to frame me they didn't have time for that -- they almost surely had sent in their kill already when he posted that rainbow.

Granted he was suspicious of me prior to that for basically the whole game. Hard guy to please. :shrug:
I am aware of this. I think everybody should be suspicious of everybody. But he had become increasingly more suspicious of you and then he was killed. This would be horribly inconvenient for him to rainbow you as his biggest scum right the moment before he was night killed. This would lead me to place my read on you one of two ways either full blue town, or full red scum in the rainbow. But this will end up being wifom so I took a look at something else that I noticed as I was reading the content which was this:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Can we (everyone) stop implying that Golden and I are at each other's throats? We were for a short period, but that has long since passed. He still wants me dead, but I will not participate in his lynch this phase regardless of what he thinks that indicates about me.
Though it wasn't directed at me specifically it seemed like omgus to me, but then again you had been posting long con relationship analysis for a bit which could have made you a bit edgy.

More so, than all of this, I have thought that golden or you have been controlling the game since ~day 2. Both of you have a lot of content, you have 7 pages of 50 posts, it is overwhelming to sort through your content. This could be part of your plan, as it is absurdly difficult to analyze somebody with so much content. Which could be an easy way to get away with murder... To be fair this has happened before and you both have happened to be town.

Either way this is just my current opinion.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Matt F wrote:

Watch out splints or he wil call you baddie bc you are trying to stick up for my game style. :rolleyes:
;)
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Matt F wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

So nobody else thinks it's odd about Devin not mentioning or speaking with EITHER of his CEO picks?

Has he given opinions on either player at any point of time within the entire thread?
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

bcornett, I know you're finishing your post right now, but I have a question after you're completed. Why do you have Wilgy as "possibly scum?"

I also disagree with you on your suspicion of J3, at least regarding post count. Having more posts to analyze is always a good thing. It can definitely be tricky because there's so much information, yes, but you have that player's opinions and analyses on essentially everything.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:
Matt F wrote:

You were gone for TWO YEARS? What? But we were just playing Sherlock together last... August... 2013... Wow. That went by quick!
I know, seems just like yesterday.

Anyway, Sorsha has a lot of votes already. I want to vote for her, as I have the last two days, but still have my reread to get through. If not her, I'm also looking at Devin today, and even though I probably won't vote for him, I also have an eye on Floyd still.

Devin - What are your thoughts on your CEO picks, Dr Wilgy and MetalMarsh? You haven't spoken to them or about them at all since Dusk 0.

Linki Roxy - Haha. So why'd you vote for me today? Because I found you suspicious on Day 1? :P

Like I said, if you ever get your way, I hope peeps notice that you've been avoiding pretty much everything else in favor of looking my way constantly. :)
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

bcornett24 wrote:
Matt F wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Has he given opinions on either player at any point of time within the entire thread?
I read him last night, and if I'm correct, he has not mentioned them, he has not spoken with them, NOTHING.
Image Image Image Image
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Matt F wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Matt F wrote:

I know, seems just like yesterday.

Anyway, Sorsha has a lot of votes already. I want to vote for her, as I have the last two days, but still have my reread to get through. If not her, I'm also looking at Devin today, and even though I probably won't vote for him, I also have an eye on Floyd still.

Devin - What are your thoughts on your CEO picks, Dr Wilgy and MetalMarsh? You haven't spoken to them or about them at all since Dusk 0.

Linki Roxy - Haha. So why'd you vote for me today? Because I found you suspicious on Day 1? :P

Like I said, if you ever get your way, I hope peeps notice that you've been avoiding pretty much everything else in favor of looking my way constantly. :)
Yep bc you found me suspicious of showing how you can't read.
;)
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Re: [DAY 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by bcornett24 »

Sorsha wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Seaside is either scum or a liability that we can't take further into the game.
Are you actually suspicious of him?
So as I am going through Sorsha's content in detail I came across this, I really don't like this at all from MacDougall. I don't think seaside is scum I think he is legitimately frustrated with this game which doesn't come out looking favorably for him. But, this call by MacDougall feels like a call for an easy miss lynch in my opinion.

Back to looking at Sorsha, I am attempting to select a side before I leave for my second job.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Roxy wrote:
Matt F wrote:

Watch out splints or he wil call you baddie bc you are trying to stick up for my game style. :rolleyes:
Btw, depending on her answers to my questions up here, I just might. :beer:

Linki - Wow, you really don't like me, do you, Roxy? Take a breath, girl.

Roxy - Since you brought this up, what is your read on splints so far? Do you agree with her assessment that you would never ever in a million years try to get rid of returning players, despite voting for me the last several lynches? Do you agree that on a Mafia with 7 players, only you are able to decide who to kill?

Please, take your time, but I'd like you to answer these questions.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”