Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Re: Fallout New Vegas: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [DAY 2]

Post by Lime Coke »

Don't bother with TSP what the fuck has he done this game so far?
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ok Epi some people who are unaware of the circumstances in life think that we are wolves and I think the best way to prove them wrong is to vote for chelsea who I think is a wolf because I read three of their posts and they seemed wolfy to me and also I think voting for nanook on day 2 is bad but he can be a wolf here for sure
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

wait lemme make a bar graph
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

"But he can be a wolf here for sure"

What?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dunnstral wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:53 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:55 am Okay. So I went from "players I don't explicitly townread" list, to "everyone come on, vote Long Con!!" without a single reason why. It's like you just picked a name from your list and just *decided* to try and get a wagon started.

I think you're done here, other LC. [VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine
Sure, but even if they did that I don't think that makes them mafia
Yeah... I don't think they're Mafia. That was a knee-jerk reaction after getting up early this morning and seeing that.
Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:54 pm
Seanzie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:46 am I've asked you numerous questions which I think are all fair and can create positive discussion between us. You haven't responded at all. I'm not sure why.

Can you please respond to my posts? All three of these have gone unanswered:
I believe I've answered the second question a bit ago, as for the other ones:

1) While Falcon and Tony at that point in time just felt like throwing darts and picking a read, I saw some conviction and sway in your posts, even if there wasn't a lot it was enough that I didn't like the direction you were going with it. You believe you're firmly in your town meta? Why are you so towny that the play you're displaying can't be from a wolf?

3) I see parts of Brad's wolf meta, but with the way Brad is playing if he's a wolf X is happening and quite frankly he's never won when X is happening so I'm perfectly fine to let that go through. I just think he's town though and going out in a blaze of glory. I understand why people would vote that for game sake but yeah.
I think I saw this asked during my 8-ish page catchup... but is "X" something you don't want to share?
Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:43 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:58 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:54 pm Does his opinion of me being ‘obviously town’ have any bearing?
The last time Brad told me someone was so obviously town they were the last mafia and I never read the slot because I trusted his read there.

However if Brad looked me in the eye and said "yeah Scotty is just town" I'd leave you alone until I couldn't probably.
Well, you’d be hard pressed to get someone on forum to look you in the eye unless you’re exactly part of the matrix, but:
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:17 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:06 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:47 pm Fuck it Scotty can be town.
So you agree that Michelle is hitting some gnarly notes?
Not yet but obviously I know how to read you and how you play.
{snip}
Lime Coke wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:36 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:20 pm Why is it "obviously"?
I wolfed with him a few years ago.

Granted I think I've only played with him when he's been town ever since then.

I feel like that game allowed me to really tell the difference in between his town and wolf games.
"A few years ago" gives me very little confidence in your level of ability to judge him.
Manny wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:17 pm ig i cant send a post thats fully covered in [] thats sad.
(i dont think you are level 0 wolfy so u cant uno reverse my argument back at me gg ez)
WHAAAA did you unlock some secret tech? [Wait, why is this still visible then? What did you do??]
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:35 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:33 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:27 pm It wasn't random I've been townreading her since Day 1.
I hope you're mafia so people say I was hard defending you.

Why is Long a wolf to you?
Saw him break Newcomb Tell, don't townread him, throwing out a hard tunnel in an attempt to survive.
Hey, what's Newcomb Tell, and how did I break it?

Am I your hard tunnel to survive, or are you saying I threw out a hard tunnel to survive? I don't think my survival has been particularly threatened in this game until you voted me.
LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:08 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:55 am Okay. So I went from "players I don't explicitly townread" list, to "everyone come on, vote Long Con!!" without a single reason why. It's like you just picked a name from your list and just *decided* to try and get a wagon started.

I think you're done here, other LC. [VOTE: Lime Coke] aubergine
I get that sentiment but I am leaning towards Lime being on a towny mental breakdown rather than a wolfy one.
Yeah, me too at this point.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:55 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:48 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:39 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:38 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:37 pm
LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:36 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:33 pm It's crazy how many times I need to reword my statement because Sean can just find a creative way of not answering me that makes me want to smash my face into a wall call it town and then never speak on it again.

But maybe I should just go take lunch first.
I see that the two of you have an argument here but I don't feel like my brain has enough power to process it for now. Too much text, too many names. I'll try to have a look into it tomorrow and get back to it on D3.

I do still feel like many of Sean's posts since D2 started have been very deep and towny though, so if that's the point of debate this is my stance on it.
No, I've also come away from the conversation that has me moving Sean up on my reads list but it feels like I have to pull out my teeth just to get an attempt at the answer I'm looking for.
That's normal.
Is it? Please tell me if I'm going crazy because these past few pages make me think I'm going crazy and maybe my statements are hard to read or I'm the problem but I don't feel like I am so please TELL ME IF I'M GOING CRAZY
No.

I asked you two specific questions. 1. WHICH POSTS, and 2. NAME A GAME. Question 1 considers 51 possible posts, so there are exactly 2^{51} possible answers to that question, and thus you can give a complete answer. 2. also has a finite number of possible answers (the number of games you and Brad played together). You haven't asnwered either of those. Those VERY SPECIFIC calls... which ALSO CAME FIRST.

And then you fault me for not answering the question "So if you're so well aware [objective towniness] exists what stops you from applying it to a wolf game?" (which I believe I did, but apparently not to your satisfaction). DO you understand the difference between the questions I'm asking (that you're avoiding) and the one you're asking? MINE AREN'T OPEN ENDED. THEY'RE SPECIFIC. If I did not write a long enough essay for your question, OH SORRY! You thought did not answer a MULTIPLE CHOICE question.

There is NO real answer to your question. It might as well be a discussion prompt. MY QUESTIONS have ONE answer (or if you are BSing, which I think you are, zero answers).
Seanzie just give it up not like you're gonna look at the games anyway.
This post hit me like a truth. Could be because I don't really go past-game digging, but is this performative from Seanzie?

Wait, nm, didn't he claim a "guaranteed" role? I have to look back. I kind of speedread the last 8 after getting homie form work.
Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:36 pm And it was a mostly unprompted claim unless you think the looming threat of me and Mac pushing Manny made him have a moment of weakness and say "oh god gotta claim now"

It's such a weak play.
It was out of left field, I don't get why a claim would be made at that point. Was it to clear/incriminate another player?
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 pm
LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 pm Regardless, we really need to get more out of Epi and TSP or else we are going to lose this. We can't play a game with two unreadable low-posters and expect to win here (unless both are wolves/malign 3Ps but I'm skeptic that we got that lucky).
They won't vote out TSP.
I would vote out TSP. He's playing exactly like he did last game, where he was town. TOO exactly. I thought it was a schtick, and called him on it last game... but it was just how he was playing. This might be an attempt to emulate that, so as to be able to say "see? that's town Tony, look at his last game!"

That could be a little tinfoily, but I don't really get the whole minimalist one-liner stylistic choice anyway.
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:53 pm @Long Con

Look I know I went after you, it's a hero play because I was being wagoned. Jack and Lan said you were town for specific reasons, I'll listen.

But I ask you to vote Nanook here.
Voting Nanook is so incredibly easy to do, and I have no big reason not to, but would you mind a sentence or two reminding me why it's the right thing, and not just the shrug thing?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:37 pm Ok Epi some people who are unaware of the circumstances in life think that we are wolves and I think the best way to prove them wrong is to vote for chelsea who I think is a wolf because I read three of their posts and they seemed wolfy to me and also I think voting for nanook on day 2 is bad but he can be a wolf here for sure
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:37 pm Ok Epi some people who are unaware of the circumstances in life think that we are wolves and I think the best way to prove them wrong is to vote for chelsea who I think is a wolf because I read three of their posts and they seemed wolfy to me and also I think voting for nanook on day 2 is bad but he can be a wolf here for sure
Hey, you dropped these: , , C , , . A , .

Not a fan of whatever this is, Tony. I thought it was a single-game choice, not a new lifestyle. This isn't the way.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:42 pm
Yeah, but is it a billboard with information that is conducive to a Town win?

Those are the only billboards we want to see. And they should be spaced out so you see, like, 6 or 7 every ten minutes.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:40 pm Am I your hard tunnel to survive, or are you saying I threw out a hard tunnel to survive? I don't think my survival has been particularly threatened in this game until you voted me.
I was tunneling you to survive.

Basically thought I was gonna be up to vote forever...of course there's time. And I didn't townread you so decided "Fuck it try to hero push someone" and you were it.

Then Lan and Jack said they townread you so I'm letting them have it.

Can you vote Nanook then?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:40 pm Voting Nanook is so incredibly easy to do, and I have no big reason not to, but would you mind a sentence or two reminding me why it's the right thing, and not just the shrug thing?
Well I wanna save my townreads since they keep wagoning all of them, as they are wagoning my top townread Chelsea. So yeah Nanook it is.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

@Seanzie

Long Con
LanMisa
Jackofhearts2005
Dunnstral
Lime Coke
Seanzie
Chelsea
Creature
NANOOK
Epignosis
TonyStarkPrime
falcon45ca
MacDougall
Manny
Scotty

That's a quick GTH of how my reads go, there's probably some nuances that would move folks around slightly. Need to get into the mode for that a little better; right now I'm in "just got home and quickly read the catchup and getting batch responses in."
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:39 pm "But he can be a wolf here for sure"

What?
I haven't seen any of his posts but his game position is bad and the claim seems like the kinda thing he does as a wolf
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:37 pm Don't bother with TSP what the fuck has he done this game so far?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:42 pm
I'm just explaining smh
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:48 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:37 pm Don't bother with TSP what the fuck has he done this game so far?
Okay? That was me sheeping someone and it ended up being wrong.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:44 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:40 pm Am I your hard tunnel to survive, or are you saying I threw out a hard tunnel to survive? I don't think my survival has been particularly threatened in this game until you voted me.

Basically thought I was gonna be up to vote forever...of course there's time. And I didn't townread you so decided "Fuck it try to hero push someone" and you were it.

I can't fault your taste in townreads, although I don't see Creature as shining town yet.

How about this: If Creature going to get voted out, then I will - contingent on it not being one of MY townreads - join the counterwagon.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:50 pm
Okay? That was me sheeping someone and it ended up being wrong.
no judgment I'm just not accepting any obnoxiousness
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:50 pmOkay? That was me sheeping someone and it ended up being wrong.
I feel like this is supposed to be reassuring, but it's not that great, it's more like diverting responsibility, you know?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:50 pm

I can't fault your taste in townreads, although I don't see Creature as shining town yet.

How about this: If Creature going to get voted out, then I will - contingent on it not being one of MY townreads - join the counterwagon.
I don't really consider him town yet but he followed what I said and voted to get a wagon above me so I'm fine letting him on the wagon.

If Nook flips maf then Creature is prolly just town.

Also you have Nook under Chelsea in your reads list so like...wouldn't it make sense to vote him over Chelsea?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:53 pm

I don't really consider him town yet but he followed what I said and voted to get a wagon above me so I'm fine letting him on the wagon.

Also you have Nook under Chelsea in your reads list so like...wouldn't it make sense to vote him over Chelsea?
Sorry, mixed up Chelsea and Creature's names.

It would make sense Nook over Chelsea, but I'm not voting Chelsea. And I don't really plan to.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:56 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:53 pm

Sorry, mixed up Chelsea and Creature's names.

It would make sense Nook over Chelsea, but I'm not voting Chelsea. And I don't really plan to.
That works.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Which three posts?

Your posting style makes it very easy to want to vote you.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Over the last 8 pages, Manny is the one who was the most suspicious to me. I need to get away from the screen for a bit, but I'll be back plenty of minutes prior to EoD. I can try to pull up some posts where Manny pinged me.

[VOTE: Manny] aubergine but it might not be my final vote today.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I may not be able to lock the thread when the deadline arrives. I will try my best to be punctual, but I will be trapped in a meeting.

If I am not here, please stop posting once the poll locks.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I’m back and I’ll vote Nanook to save Chelsea if ya’ll keep being dumb. Only obvious townies have voted Manny this game js.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Why are ppl voting Chelsea anyway?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:01 pm I may not be able to lock the thread when the deadline arrives. I will try my best to be punctual, but I will be trapped in a meeting.

If I am not here, please stop posting once the poll locks.
I’d offer to do it cause I’m staff but I’m still iffy on how time zones work so I should never be in charge of this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:15 pm [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
What’s that Lassie? You need to be spayed?

Manny’s claim ain’t great considering we know wolves have a tracker and why would the town watcher like out a role targeting Seanzie?

Tinfoil hat says my Manny/Falcon w/w read is just right but I don’t actually have that much faith in that read.
That's a dumb read, by doing that he'd throw his partner under the bus harder than [insert something funny here]. Either his prolonged survival alerts town or he dies to a 3P, but once the jig was up the wolves would be reduced to one.
1) I said it was tinfoil

2) No it doesn’t cause a wolf flip from Manny doesn’t out wFalcon anyhow. It’s just something they could fake together and we wouldn’t know it unless other mech said so.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

I'm walking to a friend's right now, so while I'm planning on keeping an eye on EoD, I likely won't be posting. Big brother is watching, though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Fifteen minutes left, and chatter has slowed considerably.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Manny wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:56 pm
Manny wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:52 pm I wonder what are the odds i get wagoned at eod considering i prolly wont be up for it.
Hardclaim Town Enclave Remnants [aka Town PR].

Im prolly consensus scumread enough that makes forcing wolves to self-resolve my ass at night worth it + i think its somewhat likely i might actually die today without claiming cuz Mac is still stuck on me!wolf apparently :joy_cat:
I think it's very likely that this is the fakeclaim given to Caesar's Legion.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Enh. Maybe not. Doesn't make sense to claim it when he did then.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:51 pm
Manny wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:56 pm
Manny wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:52 pm I wonder what are the odds i get wagoned at eod considering i prolly wont be up for it.
Hardclaim Town Enclave Remnants [aka Town PR].

Im prolly consensus scumread enough that makes forcing wolves to self-resolve my ass at night worth it + i think its somewhat likely i might actually die today without claiming cuz Mac is still stuck on me!wolf apparently :joy_cat:
I think it's very likely that this is the fakeclaim given to Caesar's Legion.
I was thinking something similar.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Dunnstral »

Well I'm here. What has Nanook claimed to be?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nothing.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dunnstral wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:54 pm Well I'm here. What has Nanook claimed to be?
I don't remember him claiming anything?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:55 pm
Dunnstral wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:54 pm Well I'm here. What has Nanook claimed to be?
I don't remember him claiming anything?
Dunnstral does not approve of such antitown behaviour.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

"YOU TELL US YOUR NAME BEFORE WE KILL YOU, DAMN IT!!"
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Keep the votes on Nanook pls.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:58 pm [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
Boring. Abby's ghost is bored.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Creature »

Okay I can only wish you all gl
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Damn, Epi, I wish you could talk.
Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Dunnstral »

Well I'm nervous about how little activity there was at day end. This was supposedly a pressure vote, no?

Return to “Previous Rackets”