62%

Total votes: 13
LanMisa
The Mark
Posts in topic: 277

Re: Fallout New Vegas: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [DAY 2]

Post by LanMisa »

Manny wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:56 pm
Manny wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:52 pm I wonder what are the odds i get wagoned at eod considering i prolly wont be up for it.
Hardclaim Town Enclave Remnants [aka Town PR].

Im prolly consensus scumread enough that makes forcing wolves to self-resolve my ass at night worth it + i think its somewhat likely i might actually die today without claiming cuz Mac is still stuck on me!wolf apparently :joy_cat:
Acknowledged; I had a "potential PR" read on you since D1 so this isn't surprising by itself; what is surprising is the timing which doesn't make sense to me considering that you didn't seem to be in any danger from what I can tell.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Manny wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:02 pm
Manny wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:01 pm Falcon visited you which is why i've been townreading him lol, dont see any point for wolves to act on u.
if im right on the read this just outs another town pr but :joy_cat:
not like i can deny claiming without making it more likely to be yeeted, kinda wish i had gotten nothing of my role ngl
Hm... I guess I want to hear what Falcon has to say about this matter first. This could be anything from town to mafia to 3P arsonist as far as I understand the roles in play here.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:32 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:48 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:39 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:38 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:37 pm
LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:36 pm
Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:33 pm It's crazy how many times I need to reword my statement because Sean can just find a creative way of not answering me that makes me want to smash my face into a wall call it town and then never speak on it again.

But maybe I should just go take lunch first.
I see that the two of you have an argument here but I don't feel like my brain has enough power to process it for now. Too much text, too many names. I'll try to have a look into it tomorrow and get back to it on D3.

I do still feel like many of Sean's posts since D2 started have been very deep and towny though, so if that's the point of debate this is my stance on it.
No, I've also come away from the conversation that has me moving Sean up on my reads list but it feels like I have to pull out my teeth just to get an attempt at the answer I'm looking for.
That's normal.
Is it? Please tell me if I'm going crazy because these past few pages make me think I'm going crazy and maybe my statements are hard to read or I'm the problem but I don't feel like I am so please TELL ME IF I'M GOING CRAZY
No.

I asked you two specific questions. 1. WHICH POSTS, and 2. NAME A GAME. Question 1 considers 51 possible posts, so there are exactly 2^{51} possible answers to that question, and thus you can give a complete answer. 2. also has a finite number of possible answers (the number of games you and Brad played together). You haven't asnwered either of those. Those VERY SPECIFIC calls... which ALSO CAME FIRST.

And then you fault me for not answering the question "So if you're so well aware [objective towniness] exists what stops you from applying it to a wolf game?" (which I believe I did, but apparently not to your satisfaction). DO you understand the difference between the questions I'm asking (that you're avoiding) and the one you're asking? MINE AREN'T OPEN ENDED. THEY'RE SPECIFIC. If I did not write a long enough essay for your question, OH SORRY! You thought did not answer a MULTIPLE CHOICE question.

There is NO real answer to your question. It might as well be a discussion prompt. MY QUESTIONS have ONE answer (or if you are BSing, which I think you are, zero answers).
If this is genuinely how you think the conversation happened (it isn't) there's nothing to discuss anymore. Speak to me the next phase when you have a clear head.
Which posts of mine were bad?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:15 pm [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
What’s that Lassie? You need to be spayed?

Manny’s claim ain’t great considering we know wolves have a tracker and why would the town watcher like out a role targeting Seanzie?

Tinfoil hat says my Manny/Falcon w/w read is just right but I don’t actually have that much faith in that read.
That's a dumb read, by doing that he'd throw his partner under the bus harder than [insert something funny here]. Either his prolonged survival alerts town or he dies to a 3P, but once the jig was up the wolves would be reduced to one.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Fine with Nanook wagon. Could possibly join on Manny to make things spicy, but also feeling good with my vote where it is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:46 pm It's actually higher because mafia watcher is guaranteed to exist and town isn't guaranteed to have one but that's too much math for me

Anyways

We don't play in a vacuum yada yada I just want to make sure people are engaging with the mechanics if they're going to defend manny rather than just being able to write it off as "well he's town because he claimed, duh"

Cause if he ends up being mafia that's just too easy of a way to skate through for his partners
I don't necessarily agree with the read (it may be fatigue talking here) but NANOOK feels kinda involved and solving here.

This may not be the way to go forward.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Chelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:34 pm Are we really living in a world where the wolfteam would've just. . .made sure to not claim that?

Like, I get wifom but there's a limit, right?
Sorry, what exactly do you mean here? My reading comprehension is ass right now.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we're in a Brad/Chelsea t/w world.

LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

I'm not sure if I still feel NANOOK. Wagon was super stale for hours and hours, which makes me think that it's a miss, and while he only sprinkled in a very small number of game posts, looking at how the others are playing, I am almost willing to give it a pass. Am I dumb? Most likely. Should I play while this tired? Absolutely not.

TSP is even worse in terms of lack of content and nobody seems to talk/think about them right now, which is a stark contrast to Nanook unless I am missing something. Epi also seems to be given a free pass for a similar amount of not much.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:11 pm The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we're in a Brad/Chelsea t/w world.
I think that regardless of Chelsea's alignment, yeeting Chelsea over/before Brad is going to create one very angry customer for us.

I also don't feel like going Chelsea today.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:06 pm Fine with Nanook wagon. Could possibly join on Manny to make things spicy, but also feeling good with my vote where it is.
Do you think that it matters that the NANOOK wagon barely moved/changed over several hours? I'm wary of this being Sig all over again.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

My head feels like a vacuum and I'd really love to hear a voice, any voice, to get me back to sanity.

Right now I feel like no matter what I do it's going to be the wrong decision and it feels very paralyzing...
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:16 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:11 pm The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we're in a Brad/Chelsea t/w world.
I think that regardless of Chelsea's alignment, yeeting Chelsea over/before Brad is going to create one very angry customer for us.

I also don't feel like going Chelsea today.
I fear that you are correct, but I don't necessarily think that should affect our decisions. I want everyone to have a good time, but part of that is on each of us to treat this like what it is - a game. I was getting quite irked by Chelsea earlier, and I took the onus to step away, because it is a game and not worth getting worked up about (even though part of the fun of it is that it is easy to get invested in the game). I hope everyone can do the same.

The second part, that's okay. I don't think they have a huge chance of going over here, but I do think they should be considered. Aside from my recent spat with them, I really didn't like how earlier they were like "Wolf!Mac wouldn't push me, they know they'd lose that thunderdome", then Mac pushed them, and so they seemed to decide that meant Mac was wolf. Their explanation that Mac has a good read on them isn't super convincing - even people with good reads sometimes make mistakes, and honestly if they actually thought it was this cut-and-dried, I'd expect Chelsea to be hard-pushing a Mac elim.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Epignosis »

Manny wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:19 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:17 pm Epi (not gonna explain this one til it matters for reasons)
hey having randomly unexplained tr's on LHF slots is my thing
thief!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:18 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:06 pm Fine with Nanook wagon. Could possibly join on Manny to make things spicy, but also feeling good with my vote where it is.
Do you think that it matters that the NANOOK wagon barely moved/changed over several hours? I'm wary of this being Sig all over again.
I think that's a reasonable fear, but perhaps not one I would be willing to change my strategy for.

I think 1.) There's a chance that Nook is House, and 2.) If Nook did replace a wolf slot and knew he wasn't going to do a lot, he'd definitely just tell his teammates to let him die if it comes to it, and possibly bus for cred.

TSP and Epi do deserve more attention, but unfortunately we only get one elim per day. I know this isn't like a good read, but I still kinda feel like TSP is probably the most likely town out of the low-content folks. I think Epi is very very likely scum but... I'd be remiss if I didn't want to hear his next broadcast. He needs to die, but damn does he do a good job with that sort of stuff!

Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:25 pm My head feels like a vacuum and I'd really love to hear a voice, any voice, to get me back to sanity.

Right now I feel like no matter what I do it's going to be the wrong decision and it feels very paralyzing...
The issue is that I don't know where else I'd want to go and the other options in terms of who are wagons aren't as appealing to me since most of them are townreads.

Like only one I'd switch to is Epi or LC again since I don't townread either but you do with one and the other is just posting signs and if that's wrong then we make 0 progress with this game.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:30 pm
LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:25 pm My head feels like a vacuum and I'd really love to hear a voice, any voice, to get me back to sanity.

The issue is that I don't know where else I'd want to go and the other options in terms of who are wagons aren't as appealing to me since most of them are townreads.

Like only one I'd switch to is Epi or LC again since I don't townread either but you do with one and the other is just posting signs and if that's wrong then we make 0 progress with this game.
What do you think of Manny?

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:33 pm

What do you think of Manny?
Him trying to OMGUS Mac points more to him being town.

Idk what to make of the PR claim I've paid 0 attention to the setup or whatever mechs this game has.

Don't feel like voting him today.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 336

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Chelsea] aubergine
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Mac doesn't help any of that either he's just going for my townreads.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:25 pm and if that's wrong
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

See? Epi is listening to what I say, and we couldn't be happier about that.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:03 pm The post cap will lift (apart from for Mac) three hours from now at 6:00 PM EST. I may not be around my computer in that moment, so please police yourselves in this way.
Sorry, brain fart. Cap lifts at 8:00 PM EST. Time zone was wrong.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Seanzie would you be against killing Mac? Dude is doing nothing but going after my townreads and I and if I'm right on who I'm shielding then he's just wolfsiding.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

I mean, I will go to bed very soon so my stance really doesn't matter much since I won't be able to influence EOD in any way, shape or form. I just think that Long Con showed enough townyness D1 for now. Epi feels fine though, since I think this will be an eternal null and we do need to solve these eventually.

I guess ultimately my vote doesn't matter much as a result and I am overthinking this but... I really need a good night's rest.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:41 pm Seanzie would you be against killing Mac? Dude is doing nothing but going after my townreads and I and if I'm right on who I'm shielding then he's just wolfsiding.
I got very strong town vibes from Mac earlier, and the things I've seen people point out about him as reasons to scumread him I think are NAI at worst for him. So yes, I would be against killing Mac.

My reads are also pretty opposed to yours I think, so him voting some of your townreads isn't a convincing argument to me. If you think something he did earlier was scummy, I'll hear you out, but as of right now, I don't see much of an issue with his votes.

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:42 pm

I mean, I will go to bed very soon so my stance really doesn't matter much since I won't be able to influence EOD in any way, shape or form. I just think that Long Con showed enough townyness D1 for now. Epi feels fine though, since I think this will be an eternal null and we do need to solve these eventually.

I guess ultimately my vote doesn't matter much as a result and I am overthinking this but... I really need a good night's rest.
Fine just keep it on Nanook then.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Sigh... I don't think that I feel NANOOK all that much but I think that Chelsea is townier than Nanook by a mile. Still think that her entrance was great and I've also seen other posts from her regularly that I liked.

I'll leave my vote where it is. Don't think I can get a CW going in the next... minus ten minutes.

Not being around EOD really sucks, as per usual.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@Epignosis

Any chance can you vote Nanook?
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Regardless, we really need to get more out of Epi and TSP or else we are going to lose this. We can't play a game with two unreadable low-posters and expect to win here (unless both are wolves/malign 3Ps but I'm skeptic that we got that lucky).
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 pm Regardless, we really need to get more out of Epi and TSP or else we are going to lose this. We can't play a game with two unreadable low-posters and expect to win here (unless both are wolves/malign 3Ps but I'm skeptic that we got that lucky).
They won't vote out TSP.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:47 pm @Epignosis

Any chance can you vote Nanook?
@Scotty @Jackofhearts2005

Vote on Nanook please?

Hopefully you come back Jack.
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

And yeah, I think that Manny claiming when he did was dumb but unless someone CCs I trust this to be a true claim. Zero reason for him to do that as a wolf, not much more reason to do that as a villager, but knowing Manny's personality I don't think he'd just hoist his team by doing such a fake claim as wolf. As a villager where he feels like he's playing for himself... I think he'd have much less issues. And there's no 3P for who claiming like that would be advantageous.

Anyways, I will go to bed. Hope to see you all on D3, with some more energy and (hopefully) a better game state!
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@Long Con

Look I know I went after you, it's a hero play because I was being wagoned. Jack and Lan said you were town for specific reasons, I'll listen.

But I ask you to vote Nanook here.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:53 pm And yeah, I think that Manny claiming when he did was dumb but unless someone CCs I trust this to be a true claim. Zero reason for him to do that as a wolf, not much more reason to do that as a villager, but knowing Manny's personality I don't think he'd just hoist his team by doing such a fake claim as wolf. As a villager where he feels like he's playing for himself... I think he'd have much less issues. And there's no 3P for who claiming like that would be advantageous.

Anyways, I will go to bed. Hope to see you all on D3, with some more energy and (hopefully) a better game state!
It probably won't be a better gamestate sorry to drop those hopes.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:19 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:26 pm pretty serious on the chelsea vote tbh
I'm sure that you have a long explanation for that one stance that you seem to have?

Like, with all of that insightful analysis you gave here it's...challenging to figure out why you came to that conclusion and how much merit it has.
not expecting anyone to figure this out, you can assess the merit by yourself
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

LanMisa wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 pm Regardless, we really need to get more out of Epi and TSP or else we are going to lose this. We can't play a game with two unreadable low-posters and expect to win here (unless both are wolves/malign 3Ps but I'm skeptic that we got that lucky).
I'm very readable and don't mess with epi
LanMisa
The Mark

Post by LanMisa »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 pm
They won't vote out TSP.
Funnily enough, I feel like if I had voted TSP earlier this phase the same wagons would apply, but with TSP in the lead instead of NANOOK. At least it felt to me like people were just following me there.

...And I am not sure what to make of that. I'm not a leader player and my reads are average at best and it's giving me pressure. Don't think I ever played a game where others looked up to me and my reads before.

...Enough ramblings, bed time.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:55 pm
I'm very readable and don't mess with epi
What do you think of me soft-shielding you?

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I didn't notice but I'm a big fan
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Chelsea] aubergine
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:21 pm I didn't notice but I'm a big fan
Yeah, I'm pretty cool. Does that mean you're pocketed?

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:25 pm [VOTE: Chelsea] aubergine
Come on dude please go with Nanook.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

At a D&D convention. Someone fill me in, I see manny claimed something.

Looks like the vote is between nook and Chelsea. Is that right?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:28 pm At a D&D convention. Someone fill me in, I see manny claimed something.

Yes just please vote Nanook.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:28 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:28 pm At a D&D convention. Someone fill me in, I see manny claimed something.

Yes just please vote Nanook.
He claimed watcher on like Seanzie I forgot his result hold on.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:26 pm
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:29 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:26 pm
I don't know what else to even say.

Chelsea I'm sure is just town.

The way she's solved alongside her treatment of me...which that part I refuse to out how I expect it because I want to avoid being snowed in the future, has been towny coming from her.

The rest of the wagons are rough because most are on my townreads.

That's why I'm calling for Nanook to die out of these wagons.

Return to “Previous Rackets”