Game of Champions: East Facility (Night 2)

Have you donated your art for the art show?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:00 pm

Yes, I’m a true artiste
67%
No, but I do I eat paint
33%

Total votes: 3
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Re: Game of Champions: East Facility (Day 1)

Post by WindwardAway »

Lemonfairy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:57 pm wait, can we assume the number of mafia/town in each facility is divided equally?
I'm assuming the other thread would also get to vote so if the number of towns/mafia are unbalanced, one side would have a higher chance of hitting town and it wouldn't make sense
probably the same or roughly the same imo
i guess it's possible there might be an imbalance of like, one
but if it wasn't sorted by specific roles then it's probably just an even number
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Dyslexicon »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:58 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:57 pm Honestly

Calm down the lot of you

We are early game

We can do better than black and white
no we can't, this is forum mafia /s
My bad =p
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Calm down the lot of you

We are early game

I strongly believe in thinking in a strictly black and white way in every aspect of your life.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by Cape90 »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:21 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:18 pm Catching up now since i missed a lot of night 0

[VOTE: WindwardAway] aubergine

for now because

1. I was suspicious of #61 because I feel like it was WWA shading for the sake of shading. Like as town WWA would just ignore it as implied in their post, but for some reason they feel the need to comment on it. Also it's just ??? because it isn't an opening that made people feel less welcome, dunno what that was about.

2. #190 kind of solidified it for me. Like nutella isn't calling falc scum here, they are shading you for the same reason I am, it doesn't have anything to do with me thinking falcon is explicity town *(though I have taken note there were people that have defended falcon, kinda wanna look at that as soon as i read up on stuff).

I have read both Dizzy's and MR's content from night 0, thanks for coming to my TED talk because i have nothing to say about either one right now LOL

Oh and I also disliked #250 from porscha, seemed rather overthought out
I never said nutella called falcon scum, I said I'M not calling falcon TOWN. because nut said i should just call falcon town for whatever fucking reason when I don't even townread him. nutella called falcon town for interacting with the thread but I stand by my call that it was all fluff.
I think nutella's just covering for falcon tbh.
why are you so grumpy? I partially do not get this about you and leetic, level 0 answer is you didn't get the rand you wanted so you are throwing a tamper tantrum in thread
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:58 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:56 pm and nutella is significant because i think her handling of falcon was weird
when i said that falcon and guillo weren't partnered, i had a more specific thought that guillo was towny, but i initially thought falcon was scummy off his opener. but when there was the whole back-and-forth regarding sabi's opener, falcon and guillo were clashing, so instead of giving individual reads on them i said i'm reading them as unpaired. which to me makes perfect sense because i scumread one and townread the other at the time.
that being said, by the time i came back to the thread, people were correcting me and saying that falcon always opens with "i am town" every time and it's not alignment-indicative, which, ok, fine. but nutella said falcon should be townread off his interaction and that instead of saying he's unpaired with guillo, i should call falcon town. and i don't particularly think falcon is towny so I want to press nutella first to see if it's tmi or if she's defending her partner. either way i don't think it came across as natural.
I think falcon is obvious town too.

Not for saying I am town though lol.
do you agree with nutella's take that falcon is interactive enough to be towny, or do you have other reasons?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:00 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:18 pm Catching up now since i missed a lot of night 0

for now because

1. I was suspicious of #61 because I feel like it was WWA shading for the sake of shading. Like as town WWA would just ignore it as implied in their post, but for some reason they feel the need to comment on it. Also it's just ??? because it isn't an opening that made people feel less welcome, dunno what that was about.

2. #190 kind of solidified it for me. Like nutella isn't calling falc scum here, they are shading you for the same reason I am, it doesn't have anything to do with me thinking falcon is explicity town *(though I have taken note there were people that have defended falcon, kinda wanna look at that as soon as i read up on stuff).

I have read both Dizzy's and MR's content from night 0, thanks for coming to my TED talk because i have nothing to say about either one right now LOL

I never said nutella called falcon scum, I said I'M not calling falcon TOWN. because nut said i should just call falcon town for whatever fucking reason when I don't even townread him. nutella called falcon town for interacting with the thread but I stand by my call that it was all fluff.
why are you so grumpy? I partially do not get this about you and leetic, level 0 answer is you didn't get the rand you wanted so you are throwing a tamper tantrum in thread
better not let sabi catch you tossing around level 0 answers, they might declare your reads cotton candy!
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:16 pm I will say that no claiming/infodumping rules are a sign of a poorly designed setup, give mafia a soup if you really can't make a balanced game, but whatever
Agreed.

What is the fucking point of limiting us this way?
Spoiler: show
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 58
Aka: lemlem, lemon, lemmy, lem

Post by Lemonfairy »

think this is a good time to use this gif of a breathing lemon I found
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:00 pm

for now because

i'm visiting my parents and my mom has been in the hospital for 3 weeks, i'm tired of dealing with stupid shit
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:00 pm

Calm down the lot of you

We are early game

I strongly believe in thinking in a strictly black and white way in every aspect of your life.
Yeah, you're acting normal. Good for you!

Just not very interesting to me atm, this game, and doesn't increase with people just calling each other outed wolves for (probably) meh reasons

But I guess that's my problem
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:59 pm
Lemonfairy wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:57 pm wait, can we assume the number of mafia/town in each facility is divided equally?
I'm assuming the other thread would also get to vote so if the number of towns/mafia are unbalanced, one side would have a higher chance of hitting town and it wouldn't make sense
probably the same or roughly the same imo
i guess it's possible there might be an imbalance of like, one
but if it wasn't sorted by specific roles then it's probably just an even number
hopefully it's just an even number
the idea of there being an imbalance bothers me on a spiritual level
Alison

Post by Alison »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:00 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:56 pm and nutella is significant because i think her handling of falcon was weird
when i said that falcon and guillo weren't partnered, i had a more specific thought that guillo was towny, but i initially thought falcon was scummy off his opener. but when there was the whole back-and-forth regarding sabi's opener, falcon and guillo were clashing, so instead of giving individual reads on them i said i'm reading them as unpaired. which to me makes perfect sense because i scumread one and townread the other at the time.
that being said, by the time i came back to the thread, people were correcting me and saying that falcon always opens with "i am town" every time and it's not alignment-indicative, which, ok, fine. but nutella said falcon should be townread off his interaction and that instead of saying he's unpaired with guillo, i should call falcon town. and i don't particularly think falcon is towny so I want to press nutella first to see if it's tmi or if she's defending her partner. either way i don't think it came across as natural.

do you agree with nutella's take that falcon is interactive enough to be towny, or do you have other reasons?
:shrug2: It's mostly just vibes for me. If I had to put words to it I think I would say that he has a sense of fluidity to his posts and a related propensity to poke at people (eg. when he had a little bite in his tone after guillo fought with him) that he struggles to authentically replicate as scum. You can call it a tone read if you want but I have a good track record of reading falcon confidently and early (and I usually TMI him a lot as mafia, so you should trust my read on him either way).
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

lmao what am I saying
RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Sharing some of Space Daisy's thoughts in here. The jist of it below

Game of Champions XIII [Night 0] #627

Slight town on Guillo and nut for content in their posts
Slight town on WWA and Sabi for nebulous vibes reasons
Wary of Michelle
Null on Caitlin, Abi, Alison
Mikami - Rico
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

also, i haven't read any of leetics posts except like two that were complaints about the N0 thread being 90% unproductive
but i remember tunnelling them in the last game cause i thought their stubbornness was towny until they hard wolfsided for a couple days and then i was convinced they were a wolf
but they were town lol
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:19 pm I never got notified of the tag, but hey, I found the thread.

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine

full disclosure there are at least 4 names here that I'd strongly consider voting. If you're on that list and you're town, you'd better convince me of it.
and no, i'm not giving the list, it's in the N0 thread. do the work yourself.
I insist

Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

oh and the nutella calling falcon town thing is because people think falcon sucks as wolf so they are just calling him town for it, it's a read i am ignoring because i dont want to treat falcon like a 5 year old
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME Come vibe with me

We need more vibes
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:03 pm

:shrug2: It's mostly just vibes for me. If I had to put words to it I think I would say that he has a sense of fluidity to his posts and a related propensity to poke at people (eg. when he had a little bite in his tone after guillo fought with him) that he struggles to authentically replicate as scum. You can call it a tone read if you want but I have a good track record of reading falcon confidently and early (and I usually TMI him a lot as mafia, so you should trust my read on him either way).
ok
i'm gonna give falcon some thought
i will also give you some thought
but i still think nutella's response to me was off
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

This is a totally different WWA and i hate this version of herself, she needs a big wake up call to steer her towards the right path again and if not, she dan die.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:04 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:19 pm I never got notified of the tag, but hey, I found the thread.

full disclosure there are at least 4 names here that I'd strongly consider voting. If you're on that list and you're town, you'd better convince me of it.
I insist

good luck lol
Alison

Post by Alison »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:04 pm oh and the nutella calling falcon town thing is because people think falcon sucks as wolf so they are just calling him town for it, it's a read i am ignoring because i dont want to treat falcon like a 5 year old
FWIW I don't think falcon sucks as wolf. I've made that clear in the past. I just happen to have a good read on him, not because he's a shit wolf, but because he's a player that I naturally read accurately. Same as how people like dunia or Dizzy naturally have a good read on me.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:04 pm oh and the nutella calling falcon town thing is because people think falcon sucks as wolf so they are just calling him town for it, it's a read i am ignoring because i dont want to treat falcon like a 5 year old
it's a sucky read because i saw him coast as scum in a game when people kept dismissing him as "in his town meta" when apparently he was not
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:05 pm This is a totally different WWA and i hate this version of herself, she needs a big wake up call to steer her towards the right path again and if not, she dan die.
/shrug
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:05 pm

I insist

good luck lol
Why are you wishing me luck, you are gonna die with this approach of yours, no, good luck to you staying alive girl
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Alison

Post by Alison »

ok
I mean I don't think nutella's defense of falcon is clearing or anything. She could be mafia TMI-ing him too. In fact as mafia she is a TMI machine.

But my point is that I don't think the take was garbage by itself. I find nutella's posts to be generally townie and in line with town nutella.
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:03 pm Sharing some of Space Daisy's thoughts in here. The jist of it below

Game of Champions XIII [Night 0] #627

Slight town on Guillo and nut for content in their posts
Slight town on WWA and Sabi for nebulous vibes reasons
Wary of Michelle
Null on Caitlin, Abi, Alison
Mikami - Rico
vibes at around 50%
Alison

Post by Alison »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:06 pm
it's a sucky read because i saw him coast as scum in a game when people kept dismissing him as "in his town meta" when apparently he was not
Was she in that game too?

If not why would you think that nutella is maliciously deceiving you rather than being one of the apparently many people who are wont to dismiss falcon as being in his town meta for thin reasons?
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:59 pm And Sabi since you seem to think that ALL of my scumhunting is BS I'm looking forward to your town case on Abi, Caitlin, Windward and/or Dizzy.
I don't tr Caitlin or Abi.

I'm null on dizzy.

I think wwa is unlike her wolf games I have read before.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Guillotine wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:07 pm

I insist

good luck lol
Why are you wishing me luck, you are gonna die with this approach of yours, no, good luck to you staying alive girl
i die all the time as town, you think it matters? as long as i'm not the lylo mislunch that's everyone else's problem and not mine.
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Having not caught up at all, in my head:

3 townreads I have right now are

Sabiplz
Lemonfairy
Guillotine

1 townlean I have right now is

Alison
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:07 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:59 pm And Sabi since you seem to think that ALL of my scumhunting is BS I'm looking forward to your town case on Abi, Caitlin, Windward and/or Dizzy.

I'm null on dizzy.

ok, so I put forward 5 names as scum, you think two are town, one is null, and the others could easily be scum?

how is that different from my typical town game in any way? every single time we're both town I tunnel someone early on for reasons you think are shit... sometimes I'm right sometimes I'm not, but it beggars belief to think that you would find this a huge swing in behavior.
Alison

Post by Alison »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:08 pm

I insist

good luck lol
i die all the time as town, you think it matters? as long as i'm not the lylo mislunch that's everyone else's problem and not mine.
what happened to "good luck mislunching me"? now it's "I die all the time... your problem if you're wrong on me!!"
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:07 pm

ok
I mean I don't think nutella's defense of falcon is clearing or anything. She could be mafia TMI-ing him too. In fact as mafia she is a TMI machine.

But my point is that I don't think the take was garbage by itself. I find nutella's posts to be generally townie and in line with town nutella.
yeah I've seen her spew TMI before as a wolf
maybe I should dig for more context. I just think it was weird she specifically told me to call falcon town when I wasn't townreading him, and if she'd read my posts she should've been able to figure that out. It felt like she was telling me to townread falcon without actually paying any attention to my reads, which is why it caught my attention.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:09 pm Having not caught up at all, in my head:

Sabiplz
Lemonfairy
Guillotine

Alison
First off when have you ever townread me day one of any game ever
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:11 pm Anyways I’m town so I’m going to forget about the game and then come back on day 2 and be wrong about everything
If we town lock Tony for this post, the game is 1/30 easier

This is my contribution to society
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:09 pm

I'm null on dizzy.

ok, so I put forward 5 names as scum, you think two are town, one is null, and the others could easily be scum?

how is that different from my typical town game in any way? every single time we're both town I tunnel someone early on for reasons you think are shit... sometimes I'm right sometimes I'm not, but it beggars belief to think that you would find this a huge swing in behavior.
Are you bad at reading? I only tr one and either sl or null read the other four...
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:04 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME Come vibe with me

We need more vibes
Hi <3
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:10 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:11 pm Anyways I’m town so I’m going to forget about the game and then come back on day 2 and be wrong about everything
If we town lock Tony for this post, the game is 1/30 easier

This is my contribution to society
Might as well

I'm playing pathfinder tonight but I'll be vaguely around tomorrow
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:07 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:06 pm
Was she in that game too?

If not why would you think that nutella is maliciously deceiving you rather than being one of the apparently many people who are wont to dismiss falcon as being in his town meta for thin reasons?
no, she wasn't.
my first thought was that falcon was scum and nutella could be partnered for what i believe was an unintentional defense. but the reason i am voting nutella over falcon is specifically because i think nutella could still be scum if falcon is town. ergo, i think it's more likely nutella is scum than falcon is.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:11 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:04 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME Come vibe with me

We need more vibes
Hi <3
Bebe!

Hope you're doing well <3

Dizzy is lock town btw

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:12 pm

We need more vibes
Hi <3
Bebe!

I'm doing alright!! How're you??
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:10 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:08 pm

I insist

good luck lol
what happened to "good luck mislunching me"? now it's "I die all the time... your problem if you're wrong on me!!"
I'll fight to live at certain points and just lose the energy at other points
it's early game, mislunches don't matter as much as I'd like to think they do
i'd rather avoid them but i'd also rather get mislunched earlier than later, that's just a personal preference if it does have to happen at all
Cape90
Money Launderer

Post by Cape90 »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:10 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:09 pm Having not caught up at all, in my head:

Sabiplz
Lemonfairy
Guillotine

Alison
First off when have you ever townread me day one of any game ever
Literally never, but you were pretty darn towny night 0, i have other town reads but they are from the other thread, Caitlin comes to mind
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:12 pm Dizzy is lock town btw
why?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sabiplz wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:11 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:09 pm

I'm null on dizzy.

Are you bad at reading? I only tr one and either sl or null read the other four...
alison's scum list:
caitlin
abi
sabi
wwa
dizzy

dizzy is "null". you "don't townread" abi or caitlin.

presumably you townread yourself. wwa is "unlike her wolf games" which I take to be a townread.

that's what I meant by two townreads, you and WWA.

but my point is more broadly that why the fuck are you acting like I just published the worst reads list on planet earth when I posted 5 names I suspect early on in the game and you think 3/5 of them could easily be in the POE?
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:31 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:30 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:27 pm do you see me voting you? no. do i give a shit? yes, as far as that you're picking the wrong player to push. if you think you can get a mislunch on me, then good luck i guess.
so I can vote you but you don't have the stones to vote me back? great deal for me, never taking my vote off then!
cool, waste your vote then, that's great
Do you townread Alison?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:12 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:12 pm

We need more vibes
Hi <3
Bebe!

I'm doing alright!! How're you??
I'm good - busy as fuck though. But life is engaging, with all it's life-ness

Finally started playing DnD-ish things, and lol why haven't I done that before, it's so fun!

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”