Post by Thunal33 »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:11 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:11 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:03 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:02 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:22 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:20 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:14 pm

Do you agree with Delta's read on LC's vote?
I think it's odd but not necessarily wolfy. I wouldn't call saying something is odd a read.
Delta, pyxxy, and Roxy have shown up but not voted my wagon. Do you think any of them are "hedging" on me?
Nah. It's clear you're dying so not everyone who suspects you needs to vote you.
But what exact reason would they have for not voting me if they think I'm scum?
Preference. Like Roxy waiting until EoD to make her vote yesterday.
Why do you think Delta isn't voting me?
Not sure but I don't really think it's AI. Do you normally try to get people to engage a lot like this or focus on how many times people are posting?
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 477
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 2

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:35 pm

I think it's odd but not necessarily wolfy. I wouldn't call saying something is odd a read.
Delta, pyxxy, and Roxy have shown up but not voted my wagon. Do you think any of them are "hedging" on me?
Nah. It's clear you're dying so not everyone who suspects you needs to vote you.
Not sure but I don't really think it's AI. Do you normally try to get people to engage a lot like this or focus on how many times people are posting?
Getting people to engage is important, and asking them questions both helps my read on them and helps me get other perspectives to not have tunnel vision. It is true though that in a particularly active game (which this is not) you will always find scum in the lowposters
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Also, what do you think of their readslist that didn't take a stance on me?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Even if Abigail is the cop, they're probably not dying tonight because my flip will make people suspicious and even if they get another redcheck it won't be believed. Just something to keep in mind before people make arguments about Abigail not dying
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:42 pm I decided to go back and see who leetic softballed, if anyone, in his demands for GTH reads.

Scotty 7
Delta 7
SVS 2
Dizzy 2
Jack 2
Sean 3
Thunal 1
LP 2
Roxy 1
LC 2
pyxxy 1
Wilgy 1
I don't think it's necessarily softballing to look out for. If leetic has one or more slanking partners I could see him trying to get them in the game by asking them a lot of questions.
ImageImage
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:18 pm
Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:35 pm Roxy / SVS / Epi / Abi
Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

Current headspace with how things are playing out \o/ I dont think Jack/LC stack on Pyxxy if its Jack/LC w/w so I think there's a mini like. I guess triangle of LC/Jack/Pyxxy having mafia w/ the other two being town? I think that makes most sense given how EOD went. I'm not sure it's Pyxxy in those names right now, had them as townlean d1 so maybe that's clouding things a little? but I am v curious about how that wagon started up at EOD to begin with
This kinda pings me. They make a reads list without committing to a stance on me?
Whether I do or dont, you still die today. I want to find something that I can work on outside of that because it feels like a better use of my time. I think my top row are all town regardless of what you flip, which is something comfortable. It's just working on what feels solid and then focusing on my weaker reads.

With a red check on you, that's not my focus right now
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:21 pm I'll be bold and [VOTE: Delta] aubergine for that. It's not like my vote for pixxy is doing any good
I might have the best timing in the world
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:37 pm

Getting people to engage is important, and asking them questions both helps my read on them and helps me get other perspectives to not have tunnel vision. It is true though that in a particularly active game (which this is not) you will always find scum in the lowposters
You said you broke your single game post count, so do you normally play this role as a thread instigator or is this unusual?
ImageImage
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:42 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:21 pm I'll be bold and [VOTE: Delta] aubergine for that. It's not like my vote for pixxy is doing any good
LMAO perhaps

What's your take on me right now, pyxxy? And what do you make of my reads?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:42 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:42 pm I decided to go back and see who leetic softballed, if anyone, in his demands for GTH reads.

Scotty 7
Delta 7
SVS 2
Dizzy 2
Jack 2
Sean 3
Thunal 1
LP 2
Roxy 1
LC 2
pyxxy 1
Wilgy 1
I don't think it's necessarily softballing to look out for. If leetic has one or more slanking partners I could see him trying to get them in the game by asking them a lot of questions.
If I'm a wolf, I would try to not put attention on them and tell them to participate in wolfchat. But whatever, WIFOM and this won't matter tomorrow
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:43 pm

You said you broke your single game post count, so do you normally play this role as a thread instigator or is this unusual?
Normally there are other people who are active so I don't have to do as much

I'm also much less busy this game than I was in most of my other past towngames
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:42 pm
Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

Current headspace with how things are playing out \o/ I dont think Jack/LC stack on Pyxxy if its Jack/LC w/w so I think there's a mini like. I guess triangle of LC/Jack/Pyxxy having mafia w/ the other two being town? I think that makes most sense given how EOD went. I'm not sure it's Pyxxy in those names right now, had them as townlean d1 so maybe that's clouding things a little? but I am v curious about how that wagon started up at EOD to begin with
This kinda pings me. They make a reads list without committing to a stance on me?
Whether I do or dont, you still die today. I want to find something that I can work on outside of that because it feels like a better use of my time. I think my top row are all town regardless of what you flip, which is something comfortable. It's just working on what feels solid and then focusing on my weaker reads.

Do you think I'm town or wolf? If you think I'm town, you can help avoid a mislynch. There's no reason not to at least make a stance even if it doesn't influence your vote
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

@Jackofhearts2005 you're here, have anything to say? Please tell me you're a redirector
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

It looks like they don't want to put in effort sorting you because of the check. I don't either.
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 1

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:27 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:43 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:22 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:42 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:41 pm

Good timing :o
It's mainly introductions, I wanted to be around for most people getting here so I could get stuck into things but since things are quiet I'm struggling a little & I didnt really want to miss this and have all of my reads being from backreading off the word go.

I dont think there's much to his intro? Aside from slank cover. I've never played w him before so I dont fully know what to expect, which is why I gave my few little questions to try ease into things :D
Would you say he's GTH town or scum?
I honestly dont know ;_; I liked the beans reference because haha beans game, not sure about the 'woah why so pushy' thing but I dont think I could give a GTH read either way because there's so little there right now & I dont think it's impossible to say that it could come from either alignment

Will swing your question back on you though because I'm assuming off of Scotty's reaction that you've played w/ each other before, should I take his introduction as AI?
The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

Last time I played with him is years ago. However, regardless of player you can always tell something from introduction posts. I know my introduction would be different had I randed a different alignment
This reeks of hyper self awareness and I don’t think you really mean that
Spicy ketchup take given the vote count: I agree
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:52 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:43 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:22 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 pm

I honestly dont know ;_; I liked the beans reference because haha beans game, not sure about the 'woah why so pushy' thing but I dont think I could give a GTH read either way because there's so little there right now & I dont think it's impossible to say that it could come from either alignment

Will swing your question back on you though because I'm assuming off of Scotty's reaction that you've played w/ each other before, should I take his introduction as AI?
The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

Last time I played with him is years ago. However, regardless of player you can always tell something from introduction posts. I know my introduction would be different had I randed a different alignment
This reeks of hyper self awareness and I don’t think you really mean that
Spicy ketchup take given the vote count: I agree
And what are you actually going to do with that agreement? Do you read me as scum or what?
I'll let you know when I've actually read more than the first handful of posts.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:14 pm Well, I finished VLR today and I haven't given this game enough time and the kids are all in bed so I supposed I should read and solve over here.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:27 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm No activity besides me in the last 25 minutes? Lame
Feels townie.
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

I don't think this line of questioning is fair this early in the game. Like heaven forbid we don't have a read on someone 30 posts into the game.

That said, I think it is the kinda post I would expect more from a townie than a wolf.

I'm fully aware that I earlier agreed with Scotty that this was a wolfy post. Don't care. Now it's a townie post.

That's the main thing I'm getting out of my page one. I think Leetic's interactions with most everybody are townie. He's trying to squeeze content out of people.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:19 pm [VOTE: LinearPoint] aubergine

FTR, this is cause my two biggest townreads are voting there. Idk that I'll finish catching up before EOD.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:50 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:27 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:19 pm [VOTE: LinearPoint] aubergine

FTR, this is cause my two biggest townreads are voting there. Idk that I'll finish catching up before EOD.
Although, the one weird thing about this votes is that it seems to be an attempt to absolve himself if things go wrong. "Don't blame me, blame my townreads!"
There's no absolution if LP goes over and is town. But it saves people the trouble of going "why do/did you suspect LP" when the answer is that I don't. I don't have any suspects yet, really.
This is what I mean by awareness. Jack anticipated criticism/questioning multiple times, like saying he voted LP because of his townreads and saying that he agreed with Scotty earlier but now disagrees. A lot of wanting to tell the thread he's catching up too, which is >rand wolf.

Also, @Jackofhearts2005 I had voted LP right before you did and you voiced that one of my posts was yucky, did it bother you at all that I was voting there?
Not particularly. :shrug:
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:47 pm

It looks like they don't want to put in effort sorting you because of the check. I don't either.
You should put in a little, because otherwise this mislynch is gonna be partially your fault
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:42 pm @DrWilgy @Jackofhearts2005 Tagging since you are the two who haven't really shown up after the false redcheck. If either of you have bight actions that could have caused this to happen, you need to claim asap.
What exactly is being claimed?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:48 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:42 pm @DrWilgy @Jackofhearts2005 Tagging since you are the two who haven't really shown up after the false redcheck. If either of you have bight actions that could have caused this to happen, you need to claim asap.
A redcheck on me, if you have any night actions that might have influenced this please claim.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Holy shit 7 votes on Leetic
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:49 pm
A redcheck on me, if you have any night actions that might have influenced this please claim.
Who is claiming the red check on you?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:49 pm Holy shit 7 votes on Leetic
And what about them? Pointing out I had a lot of votes but nit doing anything about it is something you did in your last scumgame with me, just sayin'
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:50 pm
Abigail (who subbed in for Dizzy)
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:46 pm
Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

Do you think I'm town or wolf? If you think I'm town, you can help avoid a mislynch. There's no reason not to at least make a stance even if it doesn't influence your vote
I honestly dont know. If I completely disregarded the mech sided on you, I'd lean town but there's still mild paranoia because I'm just out of my semis game where I got pocketed by someone who interacted w/ me v similar to how you have. I had you as town D1 though & I dont really want to completely wall you out even w the check because of this 'what if' with regards to if the check is accurate or not.

Lot of words but like. GTH I'd still say town? But I dont have the balls to direct a different vote, especially with the red check & a lack of confidence in my wolf reads
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:50 pm
Abigail (who subbed in for Dizzy)
No. I didn’t do anything like redirecting Dizzy/Abigail or bus driving you.

That’s a really hard check to believe.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:51 pm
Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

I honestly dont know. If I completely disregarded the mech sided on you, I'd lean town but there's still mild paranoia because I'm just out of my semis game where I got pocketed by someone who interacted w/ me v similar to how you have. I had you as town D1 though & I dont really want to completely wall you out even w the check because of this 'what if' with regards to if the check is accurate or not.

Lot of words but like. GTH I'd still say town? But I dont have the balls to direct a different vote, especially with the red check & a lack of confidence in my wolf reads
Come on, be ballsy. This may be town's only chance
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

I am very much just no thoughts head empty when it comes to the check I wont lie ;_;
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:49 pm Holy shit 7 votes on Leetic
And what about them? Pointing out I had a lot of votes but nit doing anything about it is something you did in your last scumgame with me, just sayin'
They’re surprising. But less so because there’s a claimed red check on you.

And noted. I’ll keep that in mind when trying to determine my own alignment.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I do think Dizzy’s EOD1 felt townie ftr.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:52 pm
Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

;_;

I am not that kind of player, friend. Especially when I'm finding more townreads than I am scumreads. It's not how I roll
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:55 pm
Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

;_;

I am not that kind of player, friend. Especially when I'm finding more townreads than I am scumreads. It's not how I roll
Lame
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:54 pm I do think Dizzy’s EOD1 felt townie ftr.
How do you feel about pyxxy right now? & why did your vote end there D1?
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:56 pm
Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:55 pm

;_;

Lame
Sorry x_x
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Night 1

Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:03 pm Scotty has been killed. They were Jelly Beans: Vanilla Town

Seanzie has been killed. They were Coffee Beans: Town Vigilante

Dyslexicon has been subbed out for Princess Abigail

It is now day phase 2. Day will end in 48 hours, 15/10/2023 11PM BST.
Bleh.

Scotty and LP both being town does like say we were largely on the wrong track D1 but gah how often is the guy who has nearly 3 times the posts of the second top poster and they’re mostly about the actual game turn out to be a wolf? Like never.

Bleh bleh bleh
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:56 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:54 pm I do think Dizzy’s EOD1 felt townie ftr.
I don’t feel any differently. Pyxxy pinged me and asked me things they didn’t really give a shit about. It’s a bad look. Sure, one datapoint in many but at the time I didn’t have many scum indicative datapoints.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:01 pm
I don’t feel any differently. Pyxxy pinged me and asked me things they didn’t really give a shit about. It’s a bad look. Sure, one datapoint in many but at the time I didn’t have many scum indicative datapoints.
!_! noted

How are you reading Long Con right now?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:03 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:01 pm
!_! noted

How are you reading Long Con right now?
Town but don’t take that to the bank as it’s based off like 3 posts
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:43 pm
LMAO perhaps

\o/

a general fyi, but not a nag, when I catch up I generally start from the last post that I quoted and then read and quote along the way

but uh once I saw the red check I just wanted to see what would happened next 😅

having read through, and going back to check the setup bc I like mech things i.e. max of 5 PRs, the claim seems completely reasonable to me

I kinda hate this instant reaction
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:11 pm Well, I know I'm probably dead already. But I implore you that we at least focus on other stuff today. Y'all do realize that this day'll be a complete waste if I flip town (which I will)
I got to experience my first fake red during my last game on MU a few months ago and it was on a townie and it was absolutely not something to just try and move past. Granted in that situation it was rescinded a few hours later and it was done by a slanking scum on a town....but I'm drawing mostly on the town reaction experience here.

Later I probably want to review how quickly the votes piled up but given it's a weekend I could see scummates just be unavailable/offline and unable to work out a better mech counterargument than this:
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:48 pm Here's a list of every possible scenario that I can think of:

* I am a hidden miller or just scum that didn't get the memo.
** However, this game is not bastard.
* There is a tailor
** But why would they target me when there are many other options more likely to get checked (Scotty, for instance)
* Abigail is pulling a Mikey, fakeclaiming Cop because they think there's no other way to get their scumread lynched
** But how would they be so confident of this after literally just arriving at the game
* Abigail is mafia trying to bait the CC
** Just why? Since the doctor was 2-shot, cop will likely be 2-shot as well and Abigail's slot was in no real danger
* Abigail is just intentionally throwing
** See no reason to count that out now
* Abigail is an independent — either a Jester trying to bait the CC/be exposed when I flip town or a Lyncher with me as the target
** But either of these don't exactly vibe with Dyslexicon's behavior D1. Well, aside from maybe the self-vote, but it was dropped

Why do I feel like I'm writing my own case?
I don't really know what counts as bastard and not bastard so would appreciate more than Nook chiming in on this:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:03 am I'm reasonably sure that jpic considers tailors bastard fwiw
So, mech thoughts. Let's take both players at face value first. Red check is real and leetic is town. That leaves redirection mech as the only explanation. If it was town mech I would have expected a claim by now, because a red is still a red in that case and it's probably worth leetic + redirecting the cop with someone else tomorrow night, just in case the cop has 3+ shots while the town redirector would die instead bc confirmed town. Would need to have 2+ shots of redirection, of course.

This is to say. If this is somehow what actually happened, the town redirector should claim.

But I think it's much much much more likely that the red is just a regular ol' red, or that scum has a redirection, and in the latter case I'm not going to hedge every red that comes up for that possibility. It's certainly possibly given we had a vig, but a red remains a red.

---
mech aside, you (leetic) aren't really doing anything that screams town to me post-claim
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:46 am This is probably the biggest town dumpster fire that I have ever been a part of
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:01 pm People need to realize that a red check isn't a mechanical out, especially when there is no reason to clear the cop. This is at least the third fake redcheck on me that I have dealt with, and that's not counting fake redchecks on other people
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:15 pm
Roxy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:13 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:12 pm I'm still disappointed that few if any people are using any critical thinking on the supposed redcheck
Stop please.
Why? It would be anti-town to just let this mislynch happen, even if I am cursed with the knowledge that there is little if anything I can do to prevent it

Also didn't you say you would stop responding to me?
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:04 pm I guess I expect players here to have some baseline competence. But that turned out to be my undoing
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:01 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:01 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:21 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:18 pm
Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:13 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:13 pm Also, I think I surpassed my record for most posts in a single game! Not bad for a (likely) D2 mislynch
I'm a little way off my record :,) 1100 posts to beat \o/
Mine is about 1100 but I do not intend to ever do that again lol.
Well, at least one of you has to step it up (assuming you're town) since town is about to lose its most vocal poster
Excessive posting often does the opposite you want it to. Usually making content is good but when you flood the thread with posts it makes it harder for low posters to engage, not easier.
Not when you push said low posters to engage
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:15 pm If you do think I'm a wolf, then why am I still spewing?
What if you're in anti-spew?

My gut says that your scummates just weren't online (friday night, partying, etc) and you were already playing the high poster/working on town leader role so you had to react, you couldn't just try to be out of the thread and make a plan, and then you just kinda flailed under red check pressure.

Not committing to actually working through the mech feels pretty meh to me. Mech isn't for everyone but it's your only honest out here and instead deciding to gum up the thread with posts about how we suck at solving and that you can't believe we're buying a fake red just reads as anti-spew to me. I caught up entirely before coming to this conclusion just in case you were having a bad time but a bunch of these negative posts come after you sleep and return.

I'm just not feeling it. [VOTE: leetic] aubergine

I'm gonna go watch some football but I'll be online now and then
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Unless Delta/Jack/Roxy is the exact team there is scum on my wagon.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

yeah okay no redirection claim from Jack either

and extrapolating from our poor dead townies, I would assume scum powers are also X-shot, so you're looking at the slim chance that scum burned a redirection on leetic N1 (assuming they even have a redirection, obviously. it's reasonable given doc+vig+cop, but certainly X-shot as well then)
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 42

Post by DrWilgy »

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:54 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:48 pm Cook the goose!

Boil the duck!

Pepper the chicken!
lead the way, chefwilgy
:llama:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:00 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:48 pm Cook the goose!

Boil the duck!

Pepper the chicken!
Nice wagon you're joining. What will you do when I flip town?
Probably cry a little.

Maybe eat dinner. EoD is around that time.

Then look at your reads and see if they take me somewhere.

Oh also figure out who started the wagon on you.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Jack is the first person to defend me from a fake red check. I don't know if I should be happy or concerned
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding how redirects work but for the red check to be a redirect, wouldn't Abi need to have been sent to a wolf to begin with?

If so, I cant see it being a redirect at all because town prot had just died, I dont see why anyone would then redirect a town to them/their partner?
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Unless they somehow like. Fucking divined that Abi/Dizzy was an investigative or something. But that's a mech spiral I dont particularly want to go down because I'm awful with mech discussion as is
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:21 pm Jack is the first person to defend me from a fake red check. I don't know if I should be happy or concerned
Oh.

Okie dokie. Let's yeet Jack

[VOTE: Jackoftarts] aubergine
Image Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

Epi has faded a bit for me today but also it's a red check day so he's still townlean for me
SVS I liked
Roxy I did not, tbh. All the interacting with leetic could be w/w in my eyes. Roxy I like you it's not personal I'm just suspicious because I know often you have little time for games and thus focus on solid read, solid vote, but having time to chop it up with leetic.....just felt weird to me, like you wanted to get some cred and look active by arguing with them. Would also slot into my "your scummates were offline" rough theory.

Thunal's been good. Good thoughts. I keep wanting to respond to them but then have nothing to add. Need an upvote button.
Had and have my eye on Wilgy.
I'm terrible at reading Nook so, sure, I could poe him.
Haven't re-read LC yet like I promised to. I did see that someone thought LC's reaction to leetic being outed was weird. It didn't ping me during my catchup but I'll see that in the ISO later, obviously.

Those are my thoughts

*goes to hit Submit* oh wait. what about you

Since D1 I think you've been the most willing to interact with leetic out of anyone in the thread. It didn't feel like leetic being outed changed that dynamic. That seems odd to me. Do you feel like you did change how you two were interacting after Abi showed up?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:22 pm Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding how redirects work but for the red check to be a redirect, wouldn't Abi need to have been sent to a wolf to begin with?

If so, I cant see it being a redirect at all because town prot had just died, I dont see why anyone would then redirect a town to them/their partner?
If there was a busdriver by the normal use, then yes, and busdriver should speak up as the redirect swap would reveal the real red.

If it's redirect and shenanigans, then who knows?
Image Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:10 pm
Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:43 pm
LMAO perhaps

\o/

a general fyi, but not a nag, when I catch up I generally start from the last post that I quoted and then read and quote along the way

but uh once I saw the red check I just wanted to see what would happened next 😅

having read through, and going back to check the setup bc I like mech things i.e. max of 5 PRs, the claim seems completely reasonable to me

I kinda hate this instant reaction
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:11 pm Well, I know I'm probably dead already. But I implore you that we at least focus on other stuff today. Y'all do realize that this day'll be a complete waste if I flip town (which I will)
I got to experience my first fake red during my last game on MU a few months ago and it was on a townie and it was absolutely not something to just try and move past. Granted in that situation it was rescinded a few hours later and it was done by a slanking scum on a town....but I'm drawing mostly on the town reaction experience here.

Later I probably want to review how quickly the votes piled up but given it's a weekend I could see scummates just be unavailable/offline and unable to work out a better mech counterargument than this:
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:48 pm Here's a list of every possible scenario that I can think of:

* I am a hidden miller or just scum that didn't get the memo.
** However, this game is not bastard.
* There is a tailor
** But why would they target me when there are many other options more likely to get checked (Scotty, for instance)
* Abigail is pulling a Mikey, fakeclaiming Cop because they think there's no other way to get their scumread lynched
** But how would they be so confident of this after literally just arriving at the game
* Abigail is mafia trying to bait the CC
** Just why? Since the doctor was 2-shot, cop will likely be 2-shot as well and Abigail's slot was in no real danger
* Abigail is just intentionally throwing
** See no reason to count that out now
* Abigail is an independent — either a Jester trying to bait the CC/be exposed when I flip town or a Lyncher with me as the target
** But either of these don't exactly vibe with Dyslexicon's behavior D1. Well, aside from maybe the self-vote, but it was dropped

Why do I feel like I'm writing my own case?
I don't really know what counts as bastard and not bastard so would appreciate more than Nook chiming in on this:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:03 am I'm reasonably sure that jpic considers tailors bastard fwiw
So, mech thoughts. Let's take both players at face value first. Red check is real and leetic is town. That leaves redirection mech as the only explanation. If it was town mech I would have expected a claim by now, because a red is still a red in that case and it's probably worth leetic + redirecting the cop with someone else tomorrow night, just in case the cop has 3+ shots while the town redirector would die instead bc confirmed town. Would need to have 2+ shots of redirection, of course.

This is to say. If this is somehow what actually happened, the town redirector should claim.

But I think it's much much much more likely that the red is just a regular ol' red, or that scum has a redirection, and in the latter case I'm not going to hedge every red that comes up for that possibility. It's certainly possibly given we had a vig, but a red remains a red.

---
mech aside, you (leetic) aren't really doing anything that screams town to me post-claim
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:46 am This is probably the biggest town dumpster fire that I have ever been a part of
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:01 pm People need to realize that a red check isn't a mechanical out, especially when there is no reason to clear the cop. This is at least the third fake redcheck on me that I have dealt with, and that's not counting fake redchecks on other people
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:15 pm
Roxy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:13 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:12 pm I'm still disappointed that few if any people are using any critical thinking on the supposed redcheck
Stop please.
Why? It would be anti-town to just let this mislynch happen, even if I am cursed with the knowledge that there is little if anything I can do to prevent it

Also didn't you say you would stop responding to me?
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:04 pm I guess I expect players here to have some baseline competence. But that turned out to be my undoing
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:01 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:01 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:21 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:18 pm
Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:13 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:13 pm Also, I think I surpassed my record for most posts in a single game! Not bad for a (likely) D2 mislynch
I'm a little way off my record :,) 1100 posts to beat \o/
Mine is about 1100 but I do not intend to ever do that again lol.
Well, at least one of you has to step it up (assuming you're town) since town is about to lose its most vocal poster
Excessive posting often does the opposite you want it to. Usually making content is good but when you flood the thread with posts it makes it harder for low posters to engage, not easier.
Not when you push said low posters to engage
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:15 pm If you do think I'm a wolf, then why am I still spewing?
What if you're in anti-spew?

My gut says that your scummates just weren't online (friday night, partying, etc) and you were already playing the high poster/working on town leader role so you had to react, you couldn't just try to be out of the thread and make a plan, and then you just kinda flailed under red check pressure.

Not committing to actually working through the mech feels pretty meh to me. Mech isn't for everyone but it's your only honest out here and instead deciding to gum up the thread with posts about how we suck at solving and that you can't believe we're buying a fake red just reads as anti-spew to me. I caught up entirely before coming to this conclusion just in case you were having a bad time but a bunch of these negative posts come after you sleep and return.

I'm just not feeling it. [VOTE: leetic] aubergine

I'm gonna go watch some football but I'll be online now and then
Most likely, this was the result of a scum ability, and they'll never claim. It would be weird if scum had an odd ability when the two PRs that flipped have been fairly standard, but I see no reason to fully discount that possibility right now. As the great Dirk Gently said, something being impossible merely presupposes that there is something we do not know, "and God knows there is a lot of that". Believe me, I even checked my role PM to be sure!

As for the last part, I admit my complaining about town this game probably hasn't been productive and is born out of frustration, but you are ignoring a lot of posts if you think that's all I've done since the claim.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

pyxxy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:27 pm
Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

Epi has faded a bit for me today but also it's a red check day so he's still townlean for me
SVS I liked
Roxy I did not, tbh. All the interacting with leetic could be w/w in my eyes. Roxy I like you it's not personal I'm just suspicious because I know often you have little time for games and thus focus on solid read, solid vote, but having time to chop it up with leetic.....just felt weird to me, like you wanted to get some cred and look active by arguing with them. Would also slot into my "your scummates were offline" rough theory.

Thunal's been good. Good thoughts. I keep wanting to respond to them but then have nothing to add. Need an upvote button.
Had and have my eye on Wilgy.
I'm terrible at reading Nook so, sure, I could poe him.
Haven't re-read LC yet like I promised to. I did see that someone thought LC's reaction to leetic being outed was weird. It didn't ping me during my catchup but I'll see that in the ISO later, obviously.

Those are my thoughts

*goes to hit Submit* oh wait. what about you

Since D1 I think you've been the most willing to interact with leetic out of anyone in the thread. It didn't feel like leetic being outed changed that dynamic. That seems odd to me. Do you feel like you did change how you two were interacting after Abi showed up?
Not really? On my side I dont think I've changed anything, at least while I've been here

I dont want to wall anyone out & there's no real downside to continuing discussion with leetic anyway so :shrug: I'm fine to keep things going. I had a situation in my champs semifinal where I was redchecked as town and got collectively fucking barred from the thread and tunneled to death on my final day. It was weird. Wasnt a great experience. So I'd like to not repeat that, because even if leetic is mafia, it's worth continuing to talk \o/
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:27 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:21 pm Jack is the first person to defend me from a fake red check. I don't know if I should be happy or concerned
Oh.

Okie dokie. Let's yeet Jack

[VOTE: Jackoftarts] aubergine
I'll join you, better wagon than the current biggest one [VOTE: Jack] aubergine
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”