leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 477
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Night 1

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:22 pm That sounds less like a gambit and more like irresponsible narcissism. Is that Abi's MO? That sounds far-fetched, especially for a newcomer to the game. It sounds a lot more like something a wolf might do, but you think Abi is a Town gambit-maker?
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:29 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:06 pm Y'know, usually mechanically outed wolves just stop spewing. Something which I, noticeably, am not doing
This is desperately self-aware. [VOTE: leetic] aubergine
This is the shift I'm on about, it doesnt feel all too natural and I think it can be both v/w and w/w. It's just super odd x_x
Yeah, and it's also pretty odd that they used a line that was already used by multiple people without adding their own twist or elaboration
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 2

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:13 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:05 pm
Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:04 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:50 pm Well, if I'm really gonna die here, someone is gonna have to take my place as the super vocal townie
do I have to ;_;

I'm free if you want to talk outside of the red check, what are you thinking rn?
Since you asked me the question, do you think any votes on me look bad if I'm town?

I invite @Thunal33 to answer this as well
I don't think any look clearly bad, but I think Epi and SVS's both look good regardless of your flip and perhaps even better if you flip town. Both had pretty transparent thought processes before coming to confident conclusions that you're mafia. If you're town I'd expect maf to be more likely to hedge on you.
Do you agree with Delta's read on LC's vote?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:50 pm Well, if I'm really gonna die here, someone is gonna have to take my place as the super vocal townie
do I have to ;_;

I'm free if you want to talk outside of the red check, what are you thinking rn?
Since you asked me the question, do you think any votes on me look bad if I'm town?

I don't think any look clearly bad, but I think Epi and SVS's both look good regardless of your flip and perhaps even better if you flip town. Both had pretty transparent thought processes before coming to confident conclusions that you're mafia. If you're town I'd expect maf to be more likely to hedge on you.
+1 on this
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:13 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:13 pm Also, I think I surpassed my record for most posts in a single game! Not bad for a (likely) D2 mislynch
I'm a little way off my record :,) 1100 posts to beat \o/
Mine is about 1100 but I do not intend to ever do that again lol.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:14 pm
Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:22 pm That sounds less like a gambit and more like irresponsible narcissism. Is that Abi's MO? That sounds far-fetched, especially for a newcomer to the game. It sounds a lot more like something a wolf might do, but you think Abi is a Town gambit-maker?
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:29 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:06 pm Y'know, usually mechanically outed wolves just stop spewing. Something which I, noticeably, am not doing
This is desperately self-aware. [VOTE: leetic] aubergine
This is the shift I'm on about, it doesnt feel all too natural and I think it can be both v/w and w/w. It's just super odd x_x
Yeah, and it's also pretty odd that they used a line that was already used by multiple people without adding their own twist or elaboration
So yeah, my point here is that it seems like an easy way to come up with a "scumread" on me if you need an artificial way to make the switch
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:18 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:13 pm Also, I think I surpassed my record for most posts in a single game! Not bad for a (likely) D2 mislynch
mine couldve been worse but also i could not post nearly to that extent again since the pl was all people I was familiar with which is rare & it was a lighthearted game

they had to cap us by d2 ;_;
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

do I have to ;_;

I think it's odd but not necessarily wolfy. I wouldn't call saying something is odd a read.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Well, at least one of you has to step it up (assuming you're town) since town is about to lose its most vocal poster
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:20 pm
do I have to ;_;

I think it's odd but not necessarily wolfy. I wouldn't call saying something is odd a read.
Delta, pyxxy, and Roxy have shown up but not voted my wagon. Do you think any of them are "hedging" on me?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

If my wagon is pure, that means that there are 3 scum (2 or 4 is unlikely in a setup of this size) in DrWilgy/Delta/Roxy/pixxy/Jack
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:24 pm If my wagon is pure, that means that there are 3 scum (2 or 4 is unlikely in a setup of this size) in DrWilgy/Delta/Roxy/pixxy/Jack
Of this, I'd lean Wilgy/pixxy/Delta but I'm not sure. The thing is I don't think pixxy and Jack have partner equity based on EoD, but maybe Jack knew I'd switch to LP and that pixxy was in no real danger
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:25 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:24 pm If my wagon is pure, that means that there are 3 scum (2 or 4 is unlikely in a setup of this size) in DrWilgy/Delta/Roxy/pixxy/Jack
Of this, I'd lean Wilgy/pixxy/Delta but I'm not sure. The thing is I don't think pixxy and Jack have partner equity based on EoD, but maybe Jack knew I'd switch to LP and that pixxy was in no real danger
Like, this could be the same mistake I made with NP in Philo 2
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

?_?

I'm town & I think Roxy is town

I dont think Wilgy/Jack/pyxxy works? I dont see w!Jack voting w!pyxxy at EOD with v/v wagons both being viable but I'd need to revisit what his reads were to see if he could vote scotty/lp there to begin with

With that in mind, who do you think is the most likely wolf on your wagon?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:27 pm
?_?

I'm town & I think Roxy is town

I dont think Wilgy/Jack/pyxxy works? I dont see w!Jack voting w!pyxxy at EOD with v/v wagons both being viable but I'd need to revisit what his reads were to see if he could vote scotty/lp there to begin with

With that in mind, who do you think is the most likely wolf on your wagon?
Probably LC or NANOOK. LC for reasons previously stated, and NANOOK because he wasn't really active and his posts aren't substantial, so it's not a real commitment for him to join my wagon
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Like, NANOOK didn't even announce their vote in their posts nor elaborate their suspicion at all. That's some real stealth voting there
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:02 pm Looks like it's back into hibernation for me, hallelujah
Like this is the closest thing to an actual comment he has on my wagon
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Roxy / SVS / Epi / Abi
Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

Current headspace with how things are playing out \o/ I dont think Jack/LC stack on Pyxxy if its Jack/LC w/w so I think there's a mini like. I guess triangle of LC/Jack/Pyxxy having mafia w/ the other two being town? I think that makes most sense given how EOD went. I'm not sure it's Pyxxy in those names right now, had them as townlean d1 so maybe that's clouding things a little? but I am v curious about how that wagon started up at EOD to begin with
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Delta wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:35 pm Roxy / SVS / Epi / Abi
Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

Current headspace with how things are playing out \o/ I dont think Jack/LC stack on Pyxxy if its Jack/LC w/w so I think there's a mini like. I guess triangle of LC/Jack/Pyxxy having mafia w/ the other two being town? I think that makes most sense given how EOD went. I'm not sure it's Pyxxy in those names right now, had them as townlean d1 so maybe that's clouding things a little? but I am v curious about how that wagon started up at EOD to begin with
What are your thoughts on NANOOK's D2 so far?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:36 pm
Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

What are your thoughts on NANOOK's D2 so far?
I'm wary of Nanook as I mentioned EOD1, I'm not sold on his alignment either way & I think his D1 was rough considering it was a lot of posts but v little reads. Though kinda echoing Thunal on how Nanook's reaction to the red check does feel kinda genuine & taking into account Abi's read on him since I think that comes from a place of familiarity

I'm wary but there's small things that bump him up over Jack/LC/Pyxxy's triangle in my mind
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Another thing that looks bad for NANOOK was that he was insinuating he'd have more reads D2 but then completely dipped
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 1

Post by leetic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:42 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:24 pm Good night, friends.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME You probably do need to try this game.

@Thunal33 Wink wink
Idk I think I'm gonna give it a bit and see how it shakes out, ideally you guys kill a couple mafia today and tomorrow and I can swoop in later and give the game winning poe from there
Like right here. This, and pretty much the rest of his D1, look like complete fluff in hindsight.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 89

Post by S~V~S »

Several months back, I read an essay someone wrote for another site (I don't recall which) about how to win as a wolf. The gist of it was, "Post alot". I just went looking for it, and did not find it, but I did find this:
There are two basic strategies for werewolves. The first strategy is called as “swindle werewolf”, wherein a werewolf makes himself/herself seem to be a leader of villagers, such as a seer or a medium. The second strategy is called as “stealth werewolf” wherein a werewolf hides himself/herself as one of the villagers.
This is very basic info.

If leetic is town, he should have been NKed last night imo. Full stop. LP was the doctor (not that LP would have protected leetic lol), and with no one to protect them, the baddies want to take that voice out of the thread.

Also, re Abigail. I have seen her be sure she was right about a person, from gut. She NEVER to the best of my knowledge tries to fakeclaim in that situation; she puts on a very confident face and clearly believes it, but she doesn't say she has info. I know this since I am a person she thinks is bad alot :scared: , and she's never done that to me. I've only ever seen her claim when she had info. So if she's saying it, and Dizzys play backs it up to my mind, I'm gonna trust her.

I decided to go back and see who leetic softballed, if anyone, in his demands for GTH reads.

Scotty 7
Delta 7
SVS 2
Dizzy 2
Jack 2
Sean 3
Thunal 1
LP 2
Roxy 1
LC 2
pyxxy 1
Wilgy 1

I just searched his posts for GTH, and went back and counted. I might have missed "what's your thoughts on" or similar verbiage. He never asks anyone for a GTH on Nanook, who he is kinda waffly on. Like beofre this post, he said nanook was scummiest of the scummy low posters, then this,
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:16 pm [VOTE: LinearPoint] aubergine

I do have a feeling of what NANOOK is getting at, and if not, there's always D2 (although I am holding you to your word that you'll actually show then). But LP is always a good use of my vote in this game.
This is also interesting; Delta singles Nanook out from a list leetic had posted, and leetic tries to redirect his attention to Jack.
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:43 pm
Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:42 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:40 pm
Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:39 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:38 pm @Delta @Thunal33 You're both here, please break this inertia between me and Roxy before I lose my mind
I'm working on my readslist but if you wanna talk, what's up?
Out of the people not voting (which I listed at 528), are there any names that stand out to you?
Nanook I am kinda curious about because he had a pretty solid moment of posting so I am interested about that not being followed up with a vote ?_? aside from that I cant really say anyone stands out specifically for not voting
Do you have any thoughts on Jack's vote?
leetic also never called for a GTH on Epignosis, although he had some spirited back and forth with him, called him a "nothing burger" and voted for him at one point. So not sure what, if anything, any of this means, but it's 10 minutes I'll never get back. But he did try and start active discussion on every other player except Nanook and Epignosis, so :shrug:

Something to keep in mind, I guess, if leetic flips bad as I think he will. But it could also be a nothing burger heh.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 42

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:11 pm @Roxy popped in at the end and voted for Thunal. Not sure if she read from her previous last post or looked at the poll first. I would wager no. Roxy? Is Thunal your preference for today's vote?

@DrWilgy are you gonna get snuggly down here with us, or what?
Mmmm... Yes
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 42

Post by DrWilgy »

Cook the goose!

Boil the duck!

Pepper the chicken!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:31 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:02 pm Looks like it's back into hibernation for me, hallelujah
There's a red check on you lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:48 pm Cook the goose!

Boil the duck!

Pepper the chicken!
lead the way, chefwilgy
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:42 pm Several months back, I read an essay someone wrote for another site (I don't recall which) about how to win as a wolf. The gist of it was, "Post alot". I just went looking for it, and did not find it, but I did find this:
There are two basic strategies for werewolves. The first strategy is called as “swindle werewolf”, wherein a werewolf makes himself/herself seem to be a leader of villagers, such as a seer or a medium. The second strategy is called as “stealth werewolf” wherein a werewolf hides himself/herself as one of the villagers.
This is very basic info.
Posting a lot is also a perfectly valid strategy as town but whatever
If leetic is town, he should have been NKed last night imo. Full stop. LP was the doctor (not that LP would have protected leetic lol), and with no one to protect them, the baddies want to take that voice out of the thread.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, especially as we only have a sample size of one. There could be any number of reasons why Seanzie was chosen over me:

1. They legitimately thought they could get away with pushing a mislynch by tinfoiling me , if not D2 then in the future. People were tinfoiling me at EoD, after all.
2. They thought I was a useful idiot. They might have expected me to fervently pursue a Scotty lynch, for example.
3. Seanzie was a more pertinent target for whatever reason. Maybe their reads were better, maybe scum thought they saw a PR soft, but they ultimately decided that Seanzie was a bigger threat.

Plus, ultimately all this is WIFOM anyway, there are many cases where scum will make a "suboptimal" shot to throw town off the scent. If NK results show a pattern, that is one thing, but they are not typically indicative on their own.
Also, re Abigail. I have seen her be sure she was right about a person, from gut. She NEVER to the best of my knowledge tries to fakeclaim in that situation; she puts on a very confident face and clearly believes it, but she doesn't say she has info. I know this since I am a person she thinks is bad alot :scared: , and she's never done that to me. I've only ever seen her claim when she had info. So if she's saying it, and Dizzys play backs it up to my mind, I'm gonna trust her.
I agree this isn't her pushing a gutread, the only reason why I thought it could be a possibility was because I've seen that occur in the past, but it doesn't make sense to be so sure with such little time in the game. But that doesn't change the fact that the red is fake, and there are still many ways for it to be fake but the claim to still be real (redirectors, for instance).

No comment on the rest of the post; it's all stuff that will end up being useless when I flip town.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:54 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:31 pm
There's a red check on you lol
You've never seen a red check turn out to be fake?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:48 pm Cook the goose!

Boil the duck!

Pepper the chicken!
Nice wagon you're joining. What will you do when I flip town?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:21 pm
Well, at least one of you has to step it up (assuming you're town) since town is about to lose its most vocal poster
Excessive posting often does the opposite you want it to. Usually making content is good but when you flood the thread with posts it makes it harder for low posters to engage, not easier.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:01 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:21 pm
Excessive posting often does the opposite you want it to. Usually making content is good but when you flood the thread with posts it makes it harder for low posters to engage, not easier.
Not when you push said low posters to engage
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:22 pm
do I have to ;_;

Delta, pyxxy, and Roxy have shown up but not voted my wagon. Do you think any of them are "hedging" on me?
Nah. It's clear you're dying so not everyone who suspects you needs to vote you.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:02 pm

do I have to ;_;

Nah. It's clear you're dying so not everyone who suspects you needs to vote you.
But what exact reason would they have for not voting me if they think I'm scum?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Like, it's not like Seanzie wasn't one of the most universally townread if not the most. "Why Seanzie over leetic" is a useless question
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

You can tell how frustrated I am with the rest of the thread because I'm starting all my posts with "like"
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

And it seems we're back to useless discussion about the fake redcheck. Thanks, SVS, NANOOK, and Wilgy
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I'll flip town, and none of this will really matter
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:03 pm

If people think I'm scum, they should vote me end of story. The only reason why they won't is if they're afraid of looking bad in hindsight
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Preference. Like Roxy waiting until EoD to make her vote yesterday.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:11 pm

Preference. Like Roxy waiting until EoD to make her vote yesterday.
Why do you think Delta isn't voting me?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

If you do think I'm a wolf, then why am I still spewing?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Thunal??
Wilgy / Pyxxy / Nanook ?
LC / Jack

This kinda pings me. They make a reads list without committing to a stance on me?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I'll be bold and [VOTE: Delta] aubergine for that. It's not like my vote for pixxy is doing any good
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:06 pm
pyxxy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:04 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:32 pm But again, we probably shouldn't be talking about whether Scotty was scummy, the best thing about the vigkill was that it freed town from having to go over this discussion
Agreed on this. Kinda impressed by Seanzie choosing to shoot.
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:38 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:20 pm Long Con and Jack did try to make pyxxy happen. Given that LP/Scotty was t/t and thus a comfortable EoD for wolves I am willing to give town points to both for trying to start an alternative, which would have been unnecessary for wolves.

Besides that, we have Epi and Roxy on vanity wagons. The former didn't show for EoD, so there's little to be gleaned there. Roxy voted at almost the last minute, which does seem a little unnecessary as scum but I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it
Oh, and @pyxxy was on Wilgy (I'm too used to the polls being preserved as a screenshot, hence why I missed it). That does seem by far the strangest of the vanity wagons today, and pyxxy should definitely explain why they avoided the wagons. They were here 38 minutes before EoD, enough to know that it would definitely be a vanity wagon
Yeah sorry about that, I looked away and got lost in work. If I had been around I would have suggested a Wilgy wagon. I think he slanked through D1. I was hoping to see something more. The low posting reminded me of his scum play in Apathy Mafia: viewtopic.php?p=1049145#p1049145

Difference that I see is that past scum Wilgy was down to toss teammate Porscha right in front of the bus. Here, we now know there wasn't real pressure on any wolves? Probably? Tell me if there was a real alternative to LP and Scotty that I missed. But no Wilgy popping in feels very much like "gj scummates, see y'all tomorrow /s".

see y'all around I'm eating sushi
You know, it's really weird how you are seemingly ignorant of the elephant in the room here
actually now that I'm catching up, I think it's really funny that I posted and dipped right as she claimed a red on you, but I can understand how we might have different perspectives on that

but uh

lemme finish catching up
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Well, I'm assuming Wilgy's vote means they don't claim redirector, which means that Jack is the only one it can be if we truly have a town redirector

He did TR me, so it does make sense if he tried to redirect a kill away from me at least
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 1

Post by pyxxy »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:38 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:34 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:27 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:43 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:22 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 pm

I honestly dont know ;_; I liked the beans reference because haha beans game, not sure about the 'woah why so pushy' thing but I dont think I could give a GTH read either way because there's so little there right now & I dont think it's impossible to say that it could come from either alignment

Will swing your question back on you though because I'm assuming off of Scotty's reaction that you've played w/ each other before, should I take his introduction as AI?
The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

Last time I played with him is years ago. However, regardless of player you can always tell something from introduction posts. I know my introduction would be different had I randed a different alignment
This reeks of hyper self awareness and I don’t think you really mean that
Spicy ketchup take given the vote count: I agree
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:52 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:49 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:43 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:22 pm
This reeks of hyper self awareness and I don’t think you really mean that
Spicy ketchup take given the vote count: I agree
And what are you actually going to do with that agreement? Do you read me as scum or what?
I'll let you know when I've actually read more than the first handful of posts.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:14 pm Well, I finished VLR today and I haven't given this game enough time and the kids are all in bed so I supposed I should read and solve over here.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:27 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm No activity besides me in the last 25 minutes? Lame
Feels townie.
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

Last time I played with him is years ago. However, regardless of player you can always tell something from introduction posts. I know my introduction would be different had I randed a different alignment
I don't think this line of questioning is fair this early in the game. Like heaven forbid we don't have a read on someone 30 posts into the game.

That said, I think it is the kinda post I would expect more from a townie than a wolf.

I'm fully aware that I earlier agreed with Scotty that this was a wolfy post. Don't care. Now it's a townie post.

That's the main thing I'm getting out of my page one. I think Leetic's interactions with most everybody are townie. He's trying to squeeze content out of people.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:19 pm [VOTE: LinearPoint] aubergine

FTR, this is cause my two biggest townreads are voting there. Idk that I'll finish catching up before EOD.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:50 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:27 pm

FTR, this is cause my two biggest townreads are voting there. Idk that I'll finish catching up before EOD.
Although, the one weird thing about this votes is that it seems to be an attempt to absolve himself if things go wrong. "Don't blame me, blame my townreads!"
There's no absolution if LP goes over and is town. But it saves people the trouble of going "why do/did you suspect LP" when the answer is that I don't. I don't have any suspects yet, really.
This is what I mean by awareness. Jack anticipated criticism/questioning multiple times, like saying he voted LP because of his townreads and saying that he agreed with Scotty earlier but now disagrees. A lot of wanting to tell the thread he's catching up too, which is >rand wolf.

Also, @Jackofhearts2005 I had voted LP right before you did and you voiced that one of my posts was yucky, did it bother you at all that I was voting there?
What do you think of Jack joining LC on the pyxxy wagon at EoD?
It could go either way. I don't think going on pyxxy is in itself towny like you said since there's a clear motive for a wolf to avoid the main town wagon. I do think it means Jack and LC probably aren't both wolves.
ba-bam
pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:19 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:27 pm

Although, the one weird thing about this votes is that it seems to be an attempt to absolve himself if things go wrong. "Don't blame me, blame my townreads!"
yeah but Jack knows that it'll come off like that

so this is more interesting to me from a "unpairing Jack with others" perspective (Thunal33, leetic, Seanzie)

I might leave it at that for now because I don't want to overcook and would rather finish catching up
although this math has changed
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

And I guess pyxxy hasn't fully caught up, but I feel they'd claim immediately upon their reentrance if they were town and knew it was fake
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

A cursory look at Jack's ISO and no redirector softclaim that I can see. Although at this point, it's just a vague hope and not a possibility I actually expect
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

It's probably down to scum messing with the night results somehow. Or Abigail is actually fakeclaiming, but if that's true they're the town dunce of the year
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:31 pm It's probably down to scum messing with the night results somehow. Or Abigail is actually fakeclaiming, but if that's true they're the town dunce of the year
Or mafia dunce, but that would be even more stupid. Although if that's the case, it's actually working, at least for now
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”