leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 477
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 1

Post by leetic »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:33 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:55 am @Long Con you're voting someone whose wagon I am actively campaigning against (I know it is not much of a wagon, but still).

Fight me.
Nah. I'm not ending up on Epi today. Why do you townread him so strong though?

Just caught up. More thoughts soon.
What are your thoughts on LP, and will you join me on their wagon? They have only six posts, you can easily read them
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Dyslexicon »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:38 am I have a strong inclination to read Leetic as town, and afterwards put my hands over my ears, close my eyes and say "la la la la la", however I do have some very slight reservations that I need to work through.

1. I initially thought they had been inactive for a long time, but it looks like they do play, just off-site. However if they only played one game in 2023, perhaps this is still valid? I haven't actually skimmed their games yet, but I may need to soon.

2. A lot of their posts don't actually draw conclusions, and instead just nitpick. They still are probably >rand!town, however I am at least slightly wary.

This is not to say that I don't still think they are very likely town, I just... perhaps don't want to lock that read in forever and not look back.
Towny.

I find myself questioning if Leetic's posts are actually serious or not. Like the "GTH" machine of it all. Like jeez. And then nitpicking the hell out of every post. Oh, and I'm taking the liberty of having some gripes with playstyle, since as I see it, Leetic is not shy about having gripes about others.

I have kind of just slotted them town and move on and play around that. I do remember being quite frustrated last time we played, although they seemed obvious town then and they were town.

Anyway. I think this "but um" moment from Sean is towny

In fact, anyone expressing doubt on Leetic is probably towny if Leetic is town.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:30 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:26 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:21 pm If LP is really telling the truth about being oh so far behind, then.why is he making such a confident and agressive case against the top poster? It's obviously bull, and I'm ashamed that some of you seem to be falling for it
I'd recommend checking your tone on occasion.

I think you're viewing LP's post with far more OMGUS than is warranted. I have often been in situations where I am way behind, and end up a wagon, and pop in essentially to say "sorry", but then feel like some of the people currently pushing me are doing so disingenuously, and so push back at them, essentially as an attempt to at least do something productive with the little time I have left. It actually reminds me a lot of how I was pushing @Jackofhearts2005 and sig at EoD1 of the Scooby Doo game a while ago (I went over, flipped town. I was right about Sig but wrong on Jack), I felt like they way they were pushing for my wagon to stay strong was wolfy, and even though I hadn't read, I aggressively fought back against them. LP is doing something very similar to this, and it is townie IMO.
LOL no. What about my pushing in any way makes LP's response seem genuine? He goes from an entire ISO of making no thoughts and on his return admits to basically giving up, then posts an over-the-top accusation and dips? I've pressured many townies, including at EoD, and many don't like me back. But throwing an out-of-nowhere hard OMGUS case, combined with the call to vig action (THIS PART OF THE POST IS REALLY SCUMMY, don't ignore it) is just something wolves do when they have no other options. It's not a townie trying to save themselves or be heard, it's just a wolf howling.
How about the fact that you seem to take everying LP says in the most uncharitable way possible, rather than trying to put yourself in their shoes.

For example, I got their Thunal TMI thing pretty easily - having TMI sometimes makes it hard to give sus since you know the people you're "sussing" are actually town. I don't think it is valid for Thun in particular, who is a very skilled wolf, but I don't expect LP to know that, so I think it makes sense from LP's perspective. I think if you sat back and thought about it from a town!LP perspective, you probably also would have understood this.

Another example - just now you're describing the situation where LP made a single post as them having an "entire ISO of making no thoughts". They actually did include quite a few thoughts in their first post, and saying the "entire ISO" thing is technically correct, but seems deliberately misleading considering that LP had only one post.

Another example - just now, you took LP's re-enterance as them "giving up" whereas to me it seemed very clear that they were coming in to apologize about not being able to be around due to IRL, and the only "giving up" involved was the fact that they were clearly resigned to doing only a little in a few minutes, and then needing to leave, again presumably due to NAI IRL things.

For the record, I don't think LP is hard!lock!town or anything, but they are a pretty big ? IMO and your arguments about them have not persuaded me.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Roxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:17 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:14 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:13 pm Although looking back, @Dyslexicon's ISO looks less impressive now that more people have actually posted, so I'd like to see more of their thoughts
A large portion of their ISO focuses exclusively on Delta, and it does look a bit tunnelly in hindsight
it also looks like they are doing busy work and tossing stuff out just see if it will float or sink.
What's really happening: Not even really playing or thinking about the game =p
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:39 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:37 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:55 am @Long Con you're voting someone whose wagon I am actively campaigning against (I know it is not much of a wagon, but still).

Fight me.

I don't remember, but I feel like it was a good reason. (this is a joke... it is because he made a post something like this about Delta, and it really resonated with me about how I feel as town sometimes where I'm like "I KNOW I had a good/bad feeling about this thing, and I can't figure out what caused it, but I trust the feeling", and the fact that they said that not once, but then later followed up stating it again with a bit of frustration after having clearly looked for the thing, made me very strongly feel like Epi had a genuine feeling about Delta.)
:|
Tell me more.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:36 pm The call to PR is probably the scummiest part if the post, look at this post https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/c ... st-8391982 from a D1 lynch scum at a similar point in the game for a point of comparison. I've seen this shit before.
Noted, have read through it & yeah I can see the resemblance

Also uh. Why could you vote for an explosion in that game? ?_?

Though nonetheless, could you give me a snapread on Scotty here? I'll move if it comes to it but still not 100%, so I'd like to hear your thoughts on the CW to LP
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:40 pm

Fight me.

What are your thoughts on LP, and will you join me on their wagon? They have only six posts, you can easily read them
I'm midrange on LP. That wagon's doing fine without me right now. I don't like the OMGUS on you, and I don't like the TMI accusation on Thunal, so I'm not campaigning against this outcome.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:27 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:19 pm [VOTE: LinearPoint] aubergine

FTR, this is cause my two biggest townreads are voting there. Idk that I'll finish catching up before EOD.
Although, the one weird thing about this votes is that it seems to be an attempt to absolve himself if things go wrong. "Don't blame me, blame my townreads!"
There's no absolution if LP goes over and is town. But it saves people the trouble of going "why do/did you suspect LP" when the answer is that I don't. I don't have any suspects yet, really.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

So apparently, the opener and closer aren't enough to convince y'all on LP, even though they really should be
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:51 pm I think the only thing I can really say since I just don't have time to read through the whole thread is to not execute me and hope a replacement can be found. There's really not much else to say. Bad timing with things is all, sorry that this game was pretty much a throw from me. But I believe you guys can find a scum today.
Very lame reentry post. Has a fatalistic attitude, not really fighting for their life as can be expected from a townie here. Admitting it's a "throw" is a bad look and should be kept in mind when looking at the rest of their posts
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:55 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:53 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:51 pm I think the only thing I can really say since I just don't have time to read through the whole thread is to not execute me and hope a replacement can be found. There's really not much else to say. Bad timing with things is all, sorry that this game was pretty much a throw from me. But I believe you guys can find a scum today.
Well look who decided to show up

Do you have anything to say in your defense? Clarifying what you meant by saying Thunal had TMI would be helpful, as there's no way that your replacement (if you get one) will be able to
Like I said not really. Thunal has TMI because he can't seem to find any scum reads. TMI meaning he can only see people as town.
So the clarification that doesn't really clarify anything. This post tells me nothing that the opener doesn't; the opener was scummy, this is as well.
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:57 pm To be honest as far as I know the only argument is that I've not been posting. Which is fair since I'm normally a high poster.

But like I said I got like 3 minutes, so I don't have time to really read up on anything this game.

Gut saying Jack and Seanzie are probably not town though because they'd know I wouldn't try and lurk as scum.
He ignores the actual reasons why he's being suspected. Last sentence is particularly suspect, because he well knows he can be inactive as either alignment, this isn't a real thought!
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:58 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:57 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:55 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:53 pm
Well look who decided to show up

Do you have anything to say in your defense? Clarifying what you meant by saying Thunal had TMI would be helpful, as there's no way that your replacement (if you get one) will be able to
Like I said not really. Thunal has TMI because he can't seem to find any scum reads. TMI meaning he can only see people as town.
"TMI" means too much information, i.e. knowing things that town isn't expected to. Having townreads isn't TMI
Being as confident as they are is.
And again, doesn't really clarify anything, "confident" but no clarification of what that means. Then at the slightest pressure, goes full OMGUS in a post that is much more assertive than anything they've said before, looking very out of place, supposedly considering me to be "open wolfing" despite admitting they haven't read the thread, and a call to PR to top it off!

Like to people who say this is towny, how? Please make me understand. I see nothing but wolfy content here.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

10 min til eod right? Feel free to try to sway me to Scotty or someone else.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:48 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:39 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:37 pm

Fight me.

I don't remember, but I feel like it was a good reason. (this is a joke... it is because he made a post something like this about Delta, and it really resonated with me about how I feel as town sometimes where I'm like "I KNOW I had a good/bad feeling about this thing, and I can't figure out what caused it, but I trust the feeling", and the fact that they said that not once, but then later followed up stating it again with a bit of frustration after having clearly looked for the thing, made me very strongly feel like Epi had a genuine feeling about Delta.)
:|
Tell me more.
:| That was a disappointing response, is all. I thought you had real reasons for your read.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:50 pm 10 min til eod right? Feel free to try to sway me to Scotty or someone else.
Oh, damn, my DST settings must be wrong. Thought it was an hour and ten. Oh well, I'll finish my post.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Neither Scotty nor LP self preserving is a little funny but a lot of the time I go "this eod vc is really weird" it's because it isn't actually eod.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm going to [VOTE: pyxxy] aubergine. Still feel like the psypsypsythe thing was "busy work", as Thunal(?) put it, and... did that 'research' actually happen? Third-highest poster, but there's a lot of fluff involved, I don't even know what the geese thing is, this is Beans Mafia, not Geese Mafia. Is leetic Canadian, is that what that's about?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Only having townreads is not what TMI means?
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:50 pm 10 min til eod right? Feel free to try to sway me to Scotty or someone else.
Oh, damn, my DST settings must be wrong. Thought it was an hour and ten. Oh well, I'll finish my post.
Yep it's an hour and 10 mins
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

What's your impression of Nook, do you have one?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Reading Leetic's case on LP like...okay. I'm not sold but I don't have anything better. I think LP is saying some questionable things but idk if they're scummy things.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:52 pm Only having townreads is not what TMI means?
I don't have a problem with the usage, if you know a bunch of players are town because you're scum, isn't that a place from which one could potentially TMI-reveal?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:52 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:51 pm
Yep it's an hour and 10 mins
Idk how I constantly manage to get the wrong day or dst wrong when playing mafia.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:52 pm Only having townreads is not what TMI means?
I don't have a problem with the usage, if you know a bunch of players are town because you're scum, isn't that a place from which one could potentially TMI-reveal?
Sure. But like...I only have townreads too and I'm not scum.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:32 pmYou’re just like the Spanish Inquisition. Except everyone prolly expects you to show up whenever they post.
Everyone expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:53 pm
Pretty null on Nook right now... I haven't reread their posts, but what I remember is the "whatever, I'll get to it later" attitude, which I think is familiar.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I haven't really read his content. Sorry.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:47 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:30 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:26 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:21 pm If LP is really telling the truth about being oh so far behind, then.why is he making such a confident and agressive case against the top poster? It's obviously bull, and I'm ashamed that some of you seem to be falling for it
I'd recommend checking your tone on occasion.

I think you're viewing LP's post with far more OMGUS than is warranted. I have often been in situations where I am way behind, and end up a wagon, and pop in essentially to say "sorry", but then feel like some of the people currently pushing me are doing so disingenuously, and so push back at them, essentially as an attempt to at least do something productive with the little time I have left. It actually reminds me a lot of how I was pushing @Jackofhearts2005 and sig at EoD1 of the Scooby Doo game a while ago (I went over, flipped town. I was right about Sig but wrong on Jack), I felt like they way they were pushing for my wagon to stay strong was wolfy, and even though I hadn't read, I aggressively fought back against them. LP is doing something very similar to this, and it is townie IMO.
LOL no. What about my pushing in any way makes LP's response seem genuine? He goes from an entire ISO of making no thoughts and on his return admits to basically giving up, then posts an over-the-top accusation and dips? I've pressured many townies, including at EoD, and many don't like me back. But throwing an out-of-nowhere hard OMGUS case, combined with the call to vig action (THIS PART OF THE POST IS REALLY SCUMMY, don't ignore it) is just something wolves do when they have no other options. It's not a townie trying to save themselves or be heard, it's just a wolf howling.
How about the fact that you seem to take everying LP says in the most uncharitable way possible, rather than trying to put yourself in their shoes.

For example, I got their Thunal TMI thing pretty easily - having TMI sometimes makes it hard to give sus since you know the people you're "sussing" are actually town. I don't think it is valid for Thun in particular, who is a very skilled wolf, but I don't expect LP to know that, so I think it makes sense from LP's perspective. I think if you sat back and thought about it from a town!LP perspective, you probably also would have understood this.

Another example - just now you're describing the situation where LP made a single post as them having an "entire ISO of making no thoughts". They actually did include quite a few thoughts in their first post, and saying the "entire ISO" thing is technically correct, but seems deliberately misleading considering that LP had only one post.

Another example - just now, you took LP's re-enterance as them "giving up" whereas to me it seemed very clear that they were coming in to apologize about not being able to be around due to IRL, and the only "giving up" involved was the fact that they were clearly resigned to doing only a little in a few minutes, and then needing to leave, again presumably due to NAI IRL things.

For the record, I don't think LP is hard!lock!town or anything, but they are a pretty big ? IMO and your arguments about them have not persuaded me.
I, for one, look at the greater context. For instance, look at Thunal's posts from before LP's opener, and tell me where a townie would get "TMI" from. I don't care that it could be a valid thought under a specific set of circumstances, I only care about the game we're actually playing and the TMI accusation came out of nowhere. "Entire ISO" includes the posts before the OMGUS, and I've gone over the opener enough but none of the "thoughts" were super elaborate or committal. Also, when LP makes a post about "throwing" and then makes a post typical of wolves on their last legs, you can't just ignore the connection here. It's obvious that LP's whole progression isn't townie in the least.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:55 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:54 pm
Sure. But like...I only have townreads too and I'm not scum.
That's allowed. My issue with pyxxy is that calling it TMI is a big stretch. Legal usage, bad implementation.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Wait, I mixed something up there. LP is the TMI-sayer, not pyxxy.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:59 pm Wait, I mixed something up there. LP is the TMI-sayer, not pyxxy.
Yeah was gonna ask about that x_x was lost for a sec

Can you give me a rough idea of where your head is at right now?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:51 pm I'm going to [VOTE: pyxxy] aubergine. Still feel like the psypsypsythe thing was "busy work", as Thunal(?) put it, and... did that 'research' actually happen? Third-highest poster, but there's a lot of fluff involved, I don't even know what the geese thing is, this is Beans Mafia, not Geese Mafia. Is leetic Canadian, is that what that's about?
My problem here is that you're entirely focused on pyxxy's older posts when their newer ones are much more substantive. Then again you probably haven't read the whole thread but still
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:50 pm and then this very much doesn't count as a scumread or lean but I've watched dizzy absolutely decimate multiple setups so

might tinfoil myself in that direction for no logical reason, especially after the "I'm just here to test my reads" post

which I don't read as arrogance, no, it's just like....butter beans
I learned a lot the very last game I played on MU. I also lasted to like D5 as town without getting NKed, which is very very rare for me. I feel like I did quite well (although not well enough), which was a pretty good feeling for me. I haven't felt good about playing mafia for a long time. And I play much less now than I used to, which is good. Anyway, that is where this is coming from.

Right now I don't feel like I've gotten too much into the game. But I'm not stressing about solving the game on D1 anyway. ^^
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:01 pm
pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:50 pm and then this very much doesn't count as a scumread or lean but I've watched dizzy absolutely decimate multiple setups so

might tinfoil myself in that direction for no logical reason, especially after the "I'm just here to test my reads" post

I learned a lot the very last game I played on MU. I also lasted to like D5 as town without getting NKed, which is very very rare for me. I feel like I did quite well (although not well enough), which was a pretty good feeling for me. I haven't felt good about playing mafia for a long time. And I play much less now than I used to, which is good. Anyway, that is where this is coming from.

Right now I don't feel like I've gotten too much into the game. But I'm not stressing about solving the game on D1 anyway. ^^
GTH on LP and Scotty? One is likely going down, which would you prefer?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:56 pm
Pretty null on Nook right now... I haven't reread their posts, but what I remember is the "whatever, I'll get to it later" attitude, which I think is familiar.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:56 pm
Sure.

I have half an inkling that the vibes are off. But that is literally D1 mumbo jumbo so shrug
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:02 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:56 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:56 pm
Sure.

I have half an inkling that the vibes are off. But that is literally D1 mumbo jumbo so shrug
:o

Can you go into your Nanook read a little? I've felt a little lost reading his posts so I'd appreciate your own read there
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:00 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:51 pm I'm going to [VOTE: pyxxy] aubergine. Still feel like the psypsypsythe thing was "busy work", as Thunal(?) put it, and... did that 'research' actually happen? Third-highest poster, but there's a lot of fluff involved, I don't even know what the geese thing is, this is Beans Mafia, not Geese Mafia. Is leetic Canadian, is that what that's about?
My problem here is that you're entirely focused on pyxxy's older posts when their newer ones are much more substantive. Then again you probably haven't read the whole thread but still
I have read the new posts, and I do not find them substantive at all. More fluff and waffles.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:03 pm
I have read the new posts, and I do not find them substantive at all. More fluff and waffles.
So, besides "fluff", what is your case on pyxxy?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

LinearPoint wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:05 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:59 pm Also people weren't really accusing you of lurking? This is a weird response
All I can really do for my last post is point out that this is a Mafia.

I just said I don't have time to read through everything or even know what I'm being pushed on. And here you are trying to twist facts and say I have this knowledge.

This combined with all your posts I read early in the day being performative useless fluff. I don't think I have seen someone open wolfing this hard in a while and I hope a Vigilante exists and they can recognize this.
Eh.

I wish I remembered anything about how LP is.

How is LP? Is this normal?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:03 pm:o

Can you go into your Nanook read a little? I've felt a little lost reading his posts so I'd appreciate your own read there
That is all I have. Sowwy
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:06 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:59 pm Also people weren't really accusing you of lurking? This is a weird response

I just said I don't have time to read through everything or even know what I'm being pushed on. And here you are trying to twist facts and say I have this knowledge.

This combined with all your posts I read early in the day being performative useless fluff. I don't think I have seen someone open wolfing this hard in a while and I hope a Vigilante exists and they can recognize this.
Eh.

What do you think about this on its own? Do you consider it a natural way to respond to pressure?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:04 pm
The psypsy thing feels phony, and they have avoided clarifying it or producing results from it. Third-highest participant but not much engaging stuff. Asked Jack about me but had no follow-up there.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

And I'm not done with my Delta hate yet either (you know I love you though bbbbb)

But I feel like he's not nearly annoyed enough at Leetic for interacting with them so much.

Awkward.

But. Well, maybe their interactions are better because Delta is being more like how Leetic likes players to be or something
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:01 pm

least inauthentic clap on the back that I can deliver through the internet to a stranger
*firm pat*
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:07 pm
Delta wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:03 pm:o

That is all I have. Sowwy
:sigh:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:06 pm

Eh.

What ever happened to just living in the now and getting reads off words and intentions, rather than historical comparisons?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:08 pm
The psypsy thing feels phony, and they have avoided clarifying it or producing results from it. Third-highest participant but not much engaging stuff. Asked Jack about me but had no follow-up there.
They have actually clarified it I believe, they said since I've been inactive, my scum games don't represent my current play and that looking at a similar player would be more useful. I still think it's a waste of time, but eh.

Can you clarify the third sentence?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:08 pm And I'm not done with my Delta hate yet either (you know I love you though bbbbb)

But I feel like he's not nearly annoyed enough at Leetic for interacting with them so much.

Awkward.

But. Well, maybe their interactions are better because Delta is being more like how Leetic likes players to be or something
My one worry about Leetic is this is the exact thing I fell for in my semifinals game where one of the wolves fought with pretty much everyone. Not me though. I was the chosen one \o/

And I got insanely pocketed by that ;_;
and it doesn't really help that Leetic plays p similar to the wolf I'm on about. :sigh:

I'm ready to get burned again though I'm not scared \o/
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

leetic wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:07 pmWhat do you think about this on its own? Do you consider it a natural way to respond to pressure?
No, I don't. It seems very much like flailing.

The only thing I remember about LP, is that they're not a typical player. Convenient. So if this is somehow how they would naturally react as town is the question. Like, "I haven't read the game but I have found a wolf and I'm sure so Vig kill them" is hard to swallow. But I still have the gut feeling that they might be atypical enough in play that they can still do it as town. This post will give me a lot of flack if they are indeed town, cause I'm pretty sure they'll get chopped. Which is totally fine tbh

Could also just be as simple as mafia flailing.
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:08 pm
?

maybe I wasn't clear in that my conclusion here has a partial foundation in my psy comparison
pyxxy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:44 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:44 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:37 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:04 pm how weird to heist games get
Depends on the host, can get pretty weird at times. With jpic probably a bit weird but not super weird.
Aren't you supposed to be napping?
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:33 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:07 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:56 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:41 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:32 pm It's been a while since I forgot about this starting...But glad to see everyone is sprouting. Sad no one made a green bean or red bean joke about alignments though. Heck no one even made a vanilla bean joke, sad times indeed.

At first glance I'm not really liking leetic that much. As a whole their posts just look performative to me like they are trying to just go through the motions of looking town than actually trying to reach any sort of conclusions from anything they are doing. Like they keep talking about lurkers and using GTH for others, but they never really seem to follow up with lurker's posting or the responses to people after GTH (which is kind of the whole point of GTH).

Thunal is another person I took note of. They have a lot of town reads which makes me lean on them having TMI. I'm curious if they have anything that isn't a town lean or null.

The last early thoughts I have are that I'm liking Scotty and pyxxy so far. Scotty also had this thing which was a minor point aligning with what i was thinking for leetic.
leetic feels more like ironic performed performativity to me, if that makes any sense

in the way that some wine must breath before one can taste its full flavor, I would be inclined to let ze leet just vibe today

although. I hate canada geese
I would like to amend this leetic opinion

leetic reminds me heavily of psypsypsypsypsythe from MU

my take-home assignment tonight will be finding a psypsypsypsypsythe scum game or two and reading through them
I think this is slightly scummy if leetic and psy aren't the same person. Your take home assignment feels more like busy work than anything that would help you get a read. If they aren't the same person they don't necessarily have similar scum games even if they feel similar.
yeah but this playstyle feels dead similar to psy, close enough that I checked psy's profile for AKAs just in case

there's a little less throwing their vote around and a bit more focus, but otherwise it feels the same

and so idk I don't feel like I'm risking that much by making a playstyle-similarity-meta read here

have you played with psy before / a few times? if yes you can check me on this, otherwise
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/39515
I'm feeling kinda alright about geese over here
but akin to when psy goes psypsypsypsypsypsy I'm probably going to ignore all the honking (now that I've had my fun with annoying replies)
I don't care about this other player, what do you think about my posts in isolation?
You are filling a crucial role in any mafia game. You are asking questions, pressing people for thoughts, and generally make a game a game rather than a bunch of lazy pseudo-introverts typing drivel and then complaining about why the thread is dead.

I don't know everybody in this game but from the one's I do, you're more active than SVS, who is kinda who I would expect to maybe fill this role if D1 was lacking. Epi also posts a lot, but it's shorter and less direct than you.

I'm inclined to townlean anyone making this much noise early on. So I'll townlean you. I'm subscribed to your channel to see if you maintain this activity.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:19 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:14 pm Well, I finished VLR today and I haven't given this game enough time and the kids are all in bed so I supposed I should read and solve over here.
oh nice, I was about to attempt to tag-summon you with a meh question, but you're naturally here

but while I have you

what's your experience with Long Con?
We used to date but are still good friends.
This stuff. Jack slanked the answer and pyxxy didn't respond to it in any way, like they didn't really care what the response was, but rather was just trying to generate thread content.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: LP] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I also want to give Scotty more time. I think he's pretty findable if he's town.

Return to “Previous Heists”