Total votes: 11
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 477
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Re: BEANS MAFIA - Day 1

Post by leetic »

The argument between Seanzie and SVS that was just quoted is one of the most inane things in the thread so far, but SVS can redeem themselves by talking about other players
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 89

Post by S~V~S »

Delta wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:56 pm @leetic

Whenever you're around, can you give me a rough outline of how you're reading people right now? Thank you \o/
This. Alot of poking and bossing but not much in the way of reads for the top poster (and if they made reads today, I haven't gotten to them yet, I'm reading from where I left off this AM).

Linki sorry if you find me 'inane'. And it is a discussion, not an argument.

And I don't have to redeem myself to anyone, thank you kindly :cloud9:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

pedit, linki @leetic
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

[VOTE: LinearPoint] aubergine

Roxy's reactions and frustration do feel natural, it's just a "playstyle" that I find frustrating. It's one thing if one player is like that, but an entire town and it results in severe D1 inertia with nothing getting done besides a basically inevitable mislynch. But anyway, LP's opener is still the most artificial-sounding thing in the thread so far, even if who knows if they'll show again
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:50 pm
Delta wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:56 pm @leetic

Whenever you're around, can you give me a rough outline of how you're reading people right now? Thank you \o/
This. Alot of poking and bossing but not much in the way of reads for the top poster (and if they made reads today, I haven't gotten to them yet, I'm reading from where I left off this AM).

Linki sorry if you find me 'inane'. And it is a discussion, not an argument.

And I don't have to redeem myself to anyone, thank you kindly :cloud9:
I'll post a full readslist when I'm on my laptop, right now I am more interested in pushing reactions. Also, I called the argument inane and not you, it was much ado about nothing and if that's someone's only posts in a thread, it reads like fluffposting/CWAC.

Still, you can talk about more people now. What do you think of Delta's recent posts? And I'd like a second perspective here, so how do you read LP's opener? (it's their only post so far lol)
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:05 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:01 pm Long Con, last to show! Hi all.
How do you know that you're last to show? Did you read my post stating as such?
Although then again, Roxy's post that quotes my said post is just two above LC's opener. I'm a bit wary of him having learned that in wolfchat, but this is probably not worth looking into
The former is the actual.
Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:05 pm
That is correct!
So you must have read at least some of the posts in this game. Do any players stand out so far?
No reads yet. I have only read from my initial post today.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:58 pm
Although then again, Roxy's post that quotes my said post is just two above LC's opener. I'm a bit wary of him having learned that in wolfchat, but this is probably not worth looking into
That is correct!
So you must have read at least some of the posts in this game. Do any players stand out so far?
But you have read some of the posts below your opener (otherwise you would have been unaware of said post)? Also plenty has happened since you entered, what do you feel about Dyslexicon for instance?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Delta wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:17 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

@Scotty whenever you're around, let's talk \o/

You mentioned not wanting to vote me since we haven't played together so this in return feels a little cruel :,) can you give me an idea of how you're reading people right now? We'll work from there \o/
Just an FYI, it's kind of an old school Syndicate thing, not voting new people their first game. But this isn't your first game, just your first game with him. So I do find that odd.

@Thunal33 I saw your post where you explained your vote for Scotty. Is it just pressure, or is there anything else? Seeing your thoughts on this will help me sort him, but also sort you. And after Wilgys game I kinda need to sort you, lol.

Scotty usually has more to say, I know he's busy irl, but hope to see more of him, he usually has more to say. I'm unlikely to vote him Day one on vibes without a smoking gun, though.

@leetic First, it's not "fluffposting". It's people playing their game their way, having one on one discussions with people helps me sort them. It's how I play. This AM, I was feeling a bit iffy about Sean, now, a bit better. Based on that conversation.

When I get to page 6, I'll let you know how I feel about Deltas recent posts, I haven't gotten to them yet.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:26 pm

You mentioned not wanting to vote me since we haven't played together so this in return feels a little cruel :,) can you give me an idea of how you're reading people right now? We'll work from there \o/
hi, what is cruel praytell?

My philosophy is in my homesite, if I don’t know you I ain’t voting you in D1 unless there is exactly one wolf in the setup and I suspect you.

I do currently suspect you, btw :beer:
I don’t think there’s only one wolf pretending to be a bean
Can you tell me why you suspect him? Because I'm missing it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:18 pm I see most everyone has bean slanking. Pretty chili

I also likely won't get inspired lentil later.
OK, you made me laugh, and with the srs bsns tone we've got going on, I needed that.

Also we need a "fluff" emoji.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:01 pm Just an FYI, it's kind of an old school Syndicate thing, not voting new people their first game. But this isn't your first game, just your first game with him. So I do find that odd.
I've been here for years (on and off admittedly) and never knew that was a thing.
@leetic First, it's not "fluffposting". It's people playing their game their way, having one on one discussions with people helps me sort them. It's how I play. This AM, I was feeling a bit iffy about Sean, now, a bit better. Based on that conversation.
It's mainly that those kinds of conversations are easy to fake for w/w or w/t since you can make it look like you're doing something without really making reads or interacting with many players. It's not wolf-indicative in isolation, but looking at the greater context of someone's posts it can be
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:06 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:18 pm I see most everyone has bean slanking. Pretty chili

I also likely won't get inspired lentil later.
OK, you made me laugh, and with the srs bsns tone we've got going on, I needed that.

Also we need a "fluff" emoji.
This is serious beansness! \o/
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

Will pop out here for the night though so \o/

@leetic whenever you do post your extended reads, can you ping me? I'll respond to them whenever I'm around :D

& if anyone wants to talk or has any questions for me, just ping me and Ill respond in the morning :>
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Delta wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:47 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:43 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:37 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:32 pm I won't be giving out GTH reads on command at this point. In any case, I haven't read most of the thread.
You felt the need to comment on the Delta/Scotty interaction, yet don't actually have any actual thoughts on it. Lame
Fine.

I do have an educated guess on Scotty as town. I did read his posts, cause I was curious. I don't think he's wolfy at all. He's Scotty.

Delta, I don't have thoughts on. I haven't read most of his posts. I don't understand what he's trying to say about Scotty. Something something self awareness or entrance. Might just try to make something happen. I don't know. Very cute though.
Yeah I. Dont think you understood me, no. I haven't mentioned Scotty being self aware? x_x

What I dislike ab his entrance is the weird pushback on Leetic trying to kick things off and found it a little odd, though it feels a little weak.
I pushed back, too. I find people trying to steer the thread ... I won't say wolfy, but in my home culture, steering was a wolf tell. I no longer find it that way, but i do find someone barking orders at me to be distracting.

I haven't seen anything yet to make me agree on you re Scotty, but from where I'm at right now (page 4ish), you continuing to stick to your own reads is a good look for you, especially in the face of some pushback to them.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:09 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:01 pm Just an FYI, it's kind of an old school Syndicate thing, not voting new people their first game. But this isn't your first game, just your first game with him. So I do find that odd.
I've been here for years (on and off admittedly) and never knew that was a thing.
It's mainly that those kinds of conversations are easy to fake for w/w or w/t since you can make it look like you're doing something without really making reads or interacting with many players. It's not wolf-indicative in isolation, but looking at the greater context of someone's posts it can be
Re the first part, it was from the founders home culture, we kept it up for some years, but when we started bringing people in from other sites, it was a nicety that fell to the wayside for the most part. But I know that Scotty does adhere to it, as do I tbh. Or not NKing/yeeting replacements. It's not a "rule", just a nicety. Fluff, if you will.

And I take more value from one/one convos than GTH reads on day one, before any yeets or NK's. Get people talking, you can draw them out. But to each their own. If you suspect me for how I play, vote for me. :nicenod:

Now stop distracting me from my orderly catch up!
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:45 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:47 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:41 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:34 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:32 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:29 pm Delta is mafia.
Why?
Because the host said so.

Try to keep up.
Sorry, apparently I'm behind. Can you walk me through the hosts rationale for randing Delta scum?
Let me know how you have a rationale for randomizing this or that.
@leetic , Imma make a GTH/cold read :omg:

I think Epi is town. I don't know that I agree with him, but his tone is "IDGAF" and he thinks more about how he sounds when he's bad, imo.
📝
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:32 pm I won't be giving out GTH reads on command at this point. In any case, I haven't read most of the thread.

More generally, I won't confirm to your expectations or standards of play, which I have myself found perplexing in the past. It's more enjoyable for me at a distance as of now.

Although I do sympathize with any impatience and annoyance with the lack of love and effort this game and this town is showing. I appreciate you being punk about it.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:34 pm I only joined this game to see if my read accuracy is indeed improving.

So I intend to survive until D2 for once. =)
I feel this. I wanted to sit back d1 for similar reasons but the game needed me to help move it along.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:43 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:37 pm
You felt the need to comment on the Delta/Scotty interaction, yet don't actually have any actual thoughts on it. Lame
Fine.

I do have an educated guess on Scotty as town. I did read his posts, cause I was curious. I don't think he's wolfy at all. He's Scotty.

Delta, I don't have thoughts on. I haven't read most of his posts. I don't understand what he's trying to say about Scotty. Something something self awareness or entrance. Might just try to make something happen. I don't know. Very cute though.
There's nothing I find super wolfy from Scotty, but I haven't seen the town energy I've seen other times I played with him and I don't agree with his Seanzie vote. The time we were t/t I very quickly townread him and when I was wolf and he was town I still thought he was obvious from the start. I hoped he'd show that if he's town with a little pressure on him.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:00 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:58 pm
That is correct!
But you have read some of the posts below your opener (otherwise you would have been unaware of said post)? Also plenty has happened since you entered, what do you feel about Dyslexicon for instance?
I was only aware of that post because it was on my screen when I went to type my first post. I would call dizzy town I guess. I went over her posts since you asked, and I have no suspicion at this time.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

LinearPoint wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:32 pm It's been a while since I forgot about this starting...But glad to see everyone is sprouting. Sad no one made a green bean or red bean joke about alignments though. Heck no one even made a vanilla bean joke, sad times indeed.

At first glance I'm not really liking leetic that much. As a whole their posts just look performative to me like they are trying to just go through the motions of looking town than actually trying to reach any sort of conclusions from anything they are doing. Like they keep talking about lurkers and using GTH for others, but they never really seem to follow up with lurker's posting or the responses to people after GTH (which is kind of the whole point of GTH).

Thunal is another person I took note of. They have a lot of town reads which makes me lean on them having TMI. I'm curious if they have anything that isn't a town lean or null.

The last early thoughts I have are that I'm liking Scotty and pyxxy so far. Scotty also had this thing which was a minor point aligning with what i was thinking for leetic.
leetic feels more like ironic performed performativity to me, if that makes any sense

in the way that some wine must breath before one can taste its full flavor, I would be inclined to let ze leet just vibe today

although. I hate canada geese
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:10 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:31 am I've bean training for this game my entire life
Fluff.
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:31 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:07 pm I've played 6 games of forum mafia this year and was only town in 2 of them. So mathematically, there's a 100% chance I'm town this game.
been weighing on you?
Light shading/fluff.
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:33 am
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm Just for those who I haven't played with, a few questions just for me to get a rough idea of how each of you play \o/

Preferred alignment?
Do you tend to hyperpost or not too often?
Do you have experience playing with anyone else here?

Maybe silly to pose these for a casual game but helps me keep up so :D I'd appreciate people answering them
Preferred alignment? - I'm a side sleeper
Do you tend to hyperpost or not too often? - if I get going
Do you have experience playing with anyone else here? - yessirreebob
Note how they don't even commit to any of the answers.
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:35 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:04 pm [VOTE: Dizzy] aubergine for continuing to lurk, what are you even doing?
this post hurt me [complimentary]
Fluff, no real judgement here'
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:37 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:22 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:48 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:45 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:42 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:41 pm

Good timing :o
It's mainly introductions, I wanted to be around for most people getting here so I could get stuck into things but since things are quiet I'm struggling a little & I didnt really want to miss this and have all of my reads being from backreading off the word go.

I dont think there's much to his intro? Aside from slank cover. I've never played w him before so I dont fully know what to expect, which is why I gave my few little questions to try ease into things :D
Would you say he's GTH town or scum?
I honestly dont know ;_; I liked the beans reference because haha beans game, not sure about the 'woah why so pushy' thing but I dont think I could give a GTH read either way because there's so little there right now & I dont think it's impossible to say that it could come from either alignment

Will swing your question back on you though because I'm assuming off of Scotty's reaction that you've played w/ each other before, should I take his introduction as AI?
The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

Last time I played with him is years ago. However, regardless of player you can always tell something from introduction posts. I know my introduction would be different had I randed a different alignment
This reeks of hyper self awareness and I don’t think you really mean that
yeah hey that's my lane
Minor shading/fluff.
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:45 am
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:54 am @pyxxy Why are you lurking? Don't you have any thoughts on the game?
Who posted - BEANS MAFIA - Day 1 - 91 replies
User NamePosts
leetic 26
Delta 16
Seanzie 16
Scotty 7
Thunal33 7
Jackofhearts2005 4
Dyslexicon 3
Epignosis 3
Justplayingitcool 3
S~V~S 2
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:46 am 15 players. 48/24 phases - game will be closed during the night phase. Closed setup. No hammers and it is not a bastard game.

Players

LinearPoint
Scotty
S~V~S
DrWilgy
Seanzie
Thunal33
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Delta
pyxxy
Epignosis
Roxy
leetic
Long Con
Dyslexicon
Jackofhearts2005
Maybe theyhad posted before, but can you blame me for not noticing? Fluff, only point here is "leetic was wrong about something" and it's only implied.
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:50 am second time playing with epi he feels like the first game I couldn't stop sussing him so I'm just gonna label him as a good bean for now

bedtime
Closest thing to an actual read, and it's still noncommittal.
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:50 am
Delta wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:50 am
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:33 am
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm Just for those who I haven't played with, a few questions just for me to get a rough idea of how each of you play \o/

Preferred alignment?

Maybe silly to pose these for a casual game but helps me keep up so :D I'd appreciate people answering them

Preferred alignment? - I'm a side sleeper
Do you tend to hyperpost or not too often? - if I get going
Do you have experience playing with anyone else here? - yessirreebob
:sigh:
:slick:
Fluff.

Nothing but fluff, light shading, and a noncommittal read on Epignosis. @LinearPoint is this really one of your bigger townreads?
I hate geese.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I agree with Dizzy that this is fairly par for the course for town Roxy. And the more she is pushed to post, the less she will, and town Roxys insights are very nuanced and valuable. She sees things that others often miss, small nuances.

Much as one thinks their own playstyle is the best, trying to force others to play that way is not always for the best. One may find oneself howling into the wilderness alone.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

I lean town on Epi, Sean, Dizzy (he made me laugh and he seems so reasonable... famous last words ) but that could be becasue I am tending to like his attitude here. I lean town on Delta and Roxy, also pyxxy. I liked his post with the clips of the player lists, it took me a sec to get the point, but it was a good one. I find myself not really agreeing with Delta, but he feels sincere to me, like he's believing what he says.

I need to sort Scotty, Thunal, Long Con and Wilgy for my own sanity. On thread alone, I would lean town on Thunal, but after how thoroughly she bamboozled me last game, she's definitely not in my trustfall zone lol. I am conflicted on leetic, but GTH would slot him town. Everyone else is ... the Gray Zone. Greige. Taupe.

I have to go walk the dog and eat dinner. Should be back and will prolly vote before work in the AM; I have a job interview after work that I've been working towards for some time, and I won't be here for EOD. Unless I win the billions, then I'm never going to work again, or to that interview.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:24 pm Good night, friends.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME You probably do need to try this game.

@Thunal33 Wink wink
This is my wink. :evileye:

Am I obvious town to you yet?
ImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:34 pm I only joined this game to see if my read accuracy is indeed improving.

So I intend to survive until D2 for once. =)
:/
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Alright, now that I have my laptop let's look at each player one at a time, in the order they are listed on the poll (as a side note, it bothers me how this is not in alphabetical order)

Linear Point: GTH scum. I think I've already did a good job explaining this one, they had one long entrance post that feels planned and no real-time interactions afterward. They shaded Thunal for a silly reason, me for a reason that two users already established and then says they "like" the two users despite the latter not standing out and having a short ISO consisting almost entirely of one-liner fluffposts? It feels very fake and is easily the scummiest post in the thread.

Scotty: GTH scum. Oddly, I think not w/w with LP, since LP's post simply followed Scotty's in a way that reads more like pocketing than collaboration (would scum!LP really give their partner as the only "townread" they put any effort in?) Otherwise, weird push on Seanzie, they agreed with me wrt Thunal on post 12 but jumped on me afterwards, there has been little to no followup on any of this.

S~V~S: GTH town. Not done with catch-up at time of writing, so this may be outdated in a bit, but their responses to me have felt genuine so far. Argument with Seanzie is meh, but they do seem to be trying more than that so it's not like a scum trying to reach their quota of interactions for the day.

DrWilgy: Just a gif and a hello. GTH scum, which I default to slankers who otherwise have nothing to talk about; there is more reason for scum to avoid the thread than town.

Seanzie: GTH town. One of the earliest to make an attempt to contribute, which I appreciate, even if they seem to have dipped as of late. Pushes feel genuine and not opportunistic.

Thunal33: GTH town, early posts seem a bit unnecessarily jumpy but it's not like I haven't seen townies react that way and the later posts are fine

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME: GTH scum. His second post makes it seem like he has thoughts, with him saying there's no easy reads, but he doesn't follow up on it and that's basically just an excuse to not post reads at all.

@Delta : GTH town. A lot of their posts are trying to progress the game and it does look like they're trying to bring everyone in. A lot of their posts are just fluff, though, and some of their responses don't really say anything. But it does remind me of Haku, an FFR player who was like this as town, so I may just be used to this playstyle. Wanted a ping, so there's that.

pyxxy: Pure fluff and opportunistic shading, GTH scum (but not w/w with LP as with Scotty, though I'm less confident on that)

Epignosis: Another "nothing" player, a bit worrying since he usually does much more as town. GTH scum

Roxy: GTH town, reactions and frustration seem genuine even if I can't get behind their passivity

leetic: Hi

Long Con: Again, nothing. Read some stuff at least, but little to say. Did just respond to me as I was writing this, and while the reasons for the Dyslexicon read seem shallow, it's at least something. GTH town for that at least, looks better than certain other low-posters.

Dyslexicon: GTH town. Still not a fan of the self-vote, but thoughts and overall progression since their return to the thread seems genuine (when they clarified it, at least.)

Jackofhearts2005: GTH scum. Another "nothing" slot. But he did post an agreement of a post without any further thoughts of how it affected his worldview, and it reminds me of a move he made at the beginning of a scumgame of his.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

This is towny paranoia.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NANOOK's entire ISO
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:03 am Image

Part of yesterday's dinner. Lock me town bbs
Fluff.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 am Theres an alarming lack of easy reads in this game, I might have to actually try, there's only like 4 people I feel good about reading lol
At first glance, this appears to be an opener to making more thoughts, but then he dipped. Is this just an excuse to be inactive ("no easy reads, so don't expect me to post reads right now")

And that's literally it. Due to how the last post looks when considering it had no follow-up, NANOOK is the scummiest of the slank slots
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:43 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:42 pm Delta, it's very rude and uncool of you to rand wolf in every game we play together. icrievertim
But you can always talk me out of this read. Wink wink!
Can you explain the Delta wolf read? I'm not really seeing it - the only thing I see is that he could be trying hard to be likable, but that can easily be explained as a style difference.
ImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:41 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:32 pm It's been a while since I forgot about this starting...But glad to see everyone is sprouting. Sad no one made a green bean or red bean joke about alignments though. Heck no one even made a vanilla bean joke, sad times indeed.

At first glance I'm not really liking leetic that much. As a whole their posts just look performative to me like they are trying to just go through the motions of looking town than actually trying to reach any sort of conclusions from anything they are doing. Like they keep talking about lurkers and using GTH for others, but they never really seem to follow up with lurker's posting or the responses to people after GTH (which is kind of the whole point of GTH).

Thunal is another person I took note of. They have a lot of town reads which makes me lean on them having TMI. I'm curious if they have anything that isn't a town lean or null.

The last early thoughts I have are that I'm liking Scotty and pyxxy so far. Scotty also had this thing which was a minor point aligning with what i was thinking for leetic.
leetic feels more like ironic performed performativity to me, if that makes any sense

in the way that some wine must breath before one can taste its full flavor, I would be inclined to let ze leet just vibe today

I would like to amend this leetic opinion

leetic reminds me heavily of psypsypsypsypsythe from MU

my take-home assignment tonight will be finding a psypsypsypsypsythe scum game or two and reading through them
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:56 pm

my take-home assignment tonight will be finding a psypsypsypsypsythe scum game or two and reading through them because iirc Psy only randed town when I played with him so I want to see the chaotic nature applied with a scum mindset
EBWOP
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:01 pm

Just an FYI, it's kind of an old school Syndicate thing, not voting new people their first game. But this isn't your first game, just your first game with him. So I do find that odd.

@Thunal33 I saw your post where you explained your vote for Scotty. Is it just pressure, or is there anything else? Seeing your thoughts on this will help me sort him, but also sort you. And after Wilgys game I kinda need to sort you, lol.

Scotty usually has more to say, I know he's busy irl, but hope to see more of him, he usually has more to say. I'm unlikely to vote him Day one on vibes without a smoking gun, though.

When I get to page 6, I'll let you know how I feel about Deltas recent posts, I haven't gotten to them yet.
Mostly pressure, with some slight sus on him voting Seanzie for "strong stances" (I think that's towny for Seanzie) and not making a read out of the Leetic self awareness comment.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:57 pm
pyxxy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:56 pm

my take-home assignment tonight will be finding a psypsypsypsypsythe scum game or two and reading through them because iirc Psy only randed town when I played with him so I want to see the chaotic nature applied with a scum mindset
EBWOP
What are your thoughts on LP?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

So far I townlean leetic, SVS, Seanzie, and Dizzy. Dizzy's whole approach of playing to test his accuracy and then getting sucked into the game anyway is towny imo.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:50 pmNANOOK is the scummiest of the slank slots
Unless you count LP as a slank slot LOL. It's funny how, despite only having one post, their ISO is still much more substantive than several other players
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Slight suspicion here. He seemed too concerned with making sure people didn't think he got the info that he was last from wolfchat and responding to leetic without doing much else.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Let's take a closer look at Scotty's ISO because why not.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:35 pm Slank cover

Like a can of beans spilt at a picnic onto the towel
Fluff.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:27 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:07 pm I've played 6 games of forum mafia this year and was only town in 2 of them. So mathematically, there's a 100% chance I'm town this game.
Gambler's fallacy
I agree with you

Which is probably a form of bandwagon fallacy
Agreement with me, although I'm not sure if he's insinuating that anything alignment indicative can be gleamed from that or if he's just agreeing that yes, it's a fallacy. Likely fluff
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:37 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm No activity besides me in the last 25 minutes? Lame
CA-CAW
Fluff.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine for getting ninja'd
ca-caw
Fluff. Admittedly in response to a fluff vote
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:40 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:38 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm No activity besides me in the last 25 minutes? Lame
Yep ;_;

I'm hovering a little but also I'm p tired so might just leave things here D: though not too ideal since I don't really want to miss most of the icebreaker stuff
Do you have anything besides introductions? What's your read on Scotty?
Do you always come on this strong?

At least buy us a drink first
First (sort of) substantive post. A bit weird, since I wasn't even responding to Scotty here, I was responding to Delta. A weird interjection, and I'm not sure what he wants us to take away from this. A recurring theme, as you will see
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:50 pm

Preferred alignment?

Preferred alignment?

Oooh I like this route

Preferred alignment? I guess town. Usually like one step above vanilla, like a low grade info role. Including this one I think I am at 19 straight town rolls so I don’t even remember what it’s like to be bad

Yes, I post a lot but slank cover this game

I have a terrible memory- I’ve played with everyone but you I think. Yea, I think I played with leetic before but can’t remember the details.
Responses to Delta's questions, the double quoting likely being the result of a technical error. Not much of interest here, although they admit to slanking in this game

Yep ;_;

I'm hovering a little but also I'm p tired so might just leave things here D: though not too ideal since I don't really want to miss most of the icebreaker stuff
It's mainly introductions, I wanted to be around for most people getting here so I could get stuck into things but since things are quiet I'm struggling a little & I didnt really want to miss this and have all of my reads being from backreading off the word go.

I dont think there's much to his intro? Aside from slank cover. I've never played w him before so I dont fully know what to expect, which is why I gave my few little questions to try ease into things :D
I honestly dont know ;_; I liked the beans reference because haha beans game, not sure about the 'woah why so pushy' thing but I dont think I could give a GTH read either way because there's so little there right now & I dont think it's impossible to say that it could come from either alignment

Will swing your question back on you though because I'm assuming off of Scotty's reaction that you've played w/ each other before, should I take his introduction as AI?
The whole point of a GTH is that it doesn't have to be based on anything, "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer

Last time I played with him is years ago. However, regardless of player you can always tell something from introduction posts. I know my introduction would be different had I randed a different alignment
His most infamous post. Again, I'm not sure what he wants us to glean from this, and it feels like light shading. At least three other players (pixxy, LP, Jack) have quoted/referenced this to the same effect. Is he trying to attract attention by going after the highest poster, or?
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:32 am Haven’t read since yesterday

Currently in the midst of packing and moving and I’m contemplating hiring someone to commit arson and burn down the place to collect insurance money because it’s all so stressful.
Fluff. Sorry you're going through that by the way
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:33 am I’m not voting for delta on day 1 because I don’t know them
Fluff, saying you're not going to vote for someone for a reason regardless of their potential alignment isn't exactly pushing the game forward.
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:24 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:48 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:33 am I’m not voting for delta on day 1 because I don’t know them
Who are you voting for? Do you have any thoughts on Delta beyond not knowing them?
Based on the two pages I’ve read, I think delta is acting more like a beta and is afraid to take a stance on me. The idk on a GTH on me is one of those
Now going after Delta. It is interesting that he has only been going after the more active players, although to be fair he may not even be paying attention to the lowposters.

My philosophy is in my homesite, if I don’t know you I ain’t voting you in D1 unless there is exactly one wolf in the setup and I suspect you.

Fluff, and affirming suspicion of Delta (but won't vote, again seemingly doesn't want to push the game forward) Suspicion due to an "IDK" on a GTH, but not like Delta was the only player who acted like that
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:28 pm I don’t like Seanzie’s posts. They’re strong stances, like a 4th position in ballet.

But no one ever uses 4th position in practice

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
Weird push, reason for pushing makes no sense, and again going after one of the more (at the time) active players.

I can see two conclusions from this:

1. Scotty is a townie who isn't really paying attention to the game and is mostly posting without thinking
2. They are a wolf that is trying to shade more active town players, potentially being able to prevent a towncore without having to put in too much effort

Both are believable at this point.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Delta wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:27 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 am Theres an alarming lack of easy reads in this game, I might have to actually try, there's only like 4 people I feel good about reading lol
Who are those 4 people? :popcorn:
Dizzy, jack, epi maybe, Roxy maybe, wilgy maybe, svs maybe. I used to be good at reading thunal but that was like a decade ago.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Alright, let's look at Epignosis
Bold opener, he does sometimes do this as town.
Why?

Try to keep up.
Fluff.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:47 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:41 pm
Why?

Try to keep up.
Sorry, apparently I'm behind. Can you walk me through the hosts rationale for randing Delta scum?
Let me know how you have a rationale for randomizing this or that.
More fluff. Sure, he does often give these kinds of responses when asked about reads. But he's also doing more while this is happening. This lack of doing anything substantive looks more like scum Epi, as opposed to town Epi who is much less afraid of being vocal and standoffish. This is really just fluff.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image

@Thunal33 Wink wink
Idk I think I'm gonna give it a bit and see how it shakes out, ideally you guys kill a couple mafia today and tomorrow and I can swoop in later and give the game winning poe from there
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:40 pm
Dizzy, jack, epi maybe, Roxy maybe, wilgy maybe, svs maybe. I used to be good at reading thunal but that was like a decade ago.
What are your actual reads of them?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:42 pm

@Thunal33 Wink wink
Idk I think I'm gonna give it a bit and see how it shakes out, ideally you guys kill a couple mafia today and tomorrow and I can swoop in later and give the game winning poe from there
It appears I was right on the money with the "excuse for inactivity" bit. [VOTE: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME] aubergine
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:50 pm NANOOK's entire ISO
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:03 am Image

Part of yesterday's dinner. Lock me town bbs
Fluff.
At first glance, this appears to be an opener to making more thoughts, but then he dipped. Is this just an excuse to be inactive ("no easy reads, so don't expect me to post reads right now")

And that's literally it. Due to how the last post looks when considering it had no follow-up, NANOOK is the scummiest of the slank slots
I probably wouldn't hold my breath on follow up lol

I just moved, and started school again, and lowkey forgot I was signed up for this. So I'm probably just gonna chill for a few phases and see what happens and if I have to kick it into gear later I'll do my best.

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:42 pm
Dunno, don't have them yet

Post a lot of fluff > reads seemingly out of nowhere > back to fluff is kinda my m.o. these days lol
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:44 pm
If you are truly strapped for time, why not just choose one of them, look at their ISO, and tell me how you feel about it?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:45 pm
If you are truly strapped for time, why not just choose one of them, look at their ISO, and tell me how you feel about it?
There isn't enough for me to make a confident read on any of them yet
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:37 pm Let's take a closer look at Scotty's ISO because why not.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:35 pm Slank cover

Like a can of beans spilt at a picnic onto the towel
Fluff.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:27 pm
Gambler's fallacy
I agree with you

Which is probably a form of bandwagon fallacy
Agreement with me, although I'm not sure if he's insinuating that anything alignment indicative can be gleamed from that or if he's just agreeing that yes, it's a fallacy. Likely fluff
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:37 pm
CA-CAW
Fluff.
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:39 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm [VOTE: Scotty] aubergine for getting ninja'd
ca-caw
Fluff. Admittedly in response to a fluff vote
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:40 pm
Yep ;_;

Do you always come on this strong?

At least buy us a drink first
First (sort of) substantive post. A bit weird, since I wasn't even responding to Scotty here, I was responding to Delta. A weird interjection, and I'm not sure what he wants us to take away from this. A recurring theme, as you will see
Scotty wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:50 pm

Preferred alignment?

Preferred alignment?

Oooh I like this route

Preferred alignment? I guess town. Usually like one step above vanilla, like a low grade info role. Including this one I think I am at 19 straight town rolls so I don’t even remember what it’s like to be bad

Yes, I post a lot but slank cover this game

I have a terrible memory- I’ve played with everyone but you I think. Yea, I think I played with leetic before but can’t remember the details.
Responses to Delta's questions, the double quoting likely being the result of a technical error. Not much of interest here, although they admit to slanking in this game

His most infamous post. Again, I'm not sure what he wants us to glean from this, and it feels like light shading. At least three other players (pixxy, LP, Jack) have quoted/referenced this to the same effect. Is he trying to attract attention by going after the highest poster, or?
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:32 am Haven’t read since yesterday

Currently in the midst of packing and moving and I’m contemplating hiring someone to commit arson and burn down the place to collect insurance money because it’s all so stressful.
Fluff. Sorry you're going through that by the way
Fluff, saying you're not going to vote for someone for a reason regardless of their potential alignment isn't exactly pushing the game forward.
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:24 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:48 am
Who are you voting for? Do you have any thoughts on Delta beyond not knowing them?
Based on the two pages I’ve read, I think delta is acting more like a beta and is afraid to take a stance on me. The idk on a GTH on me is one of those
Now going after Delta. It is interesting that he has only been going after the more active players, although to be fair he may not even be paying attention to the lowposters.

Fluff, and affirming suspicion of Delta (but won't vote, again seemingly doesn't want to push the game forward) Suspicion due to an "IDK" on a GTH, but not like Delta was the only player who acted like that
Scotty wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:28 pm I don’t like Seanzie’s posts. They’re strong stances, like a 4th position in ballet.

But no one ever uses 4th position in practice

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
Weird push, reason for pushing makes no sense, and again going after one of the more (at the time) active players.

I can see two conclusions from this:

1. Scotty is a townie who isn't really paying attention to the game and is mostly posting without thinking
2. They are a wolf that is trying to shade more active town players, potentially being able to prevent a towncore without having to put in too much effort

Both are believable at this point.
leetic, for all the passive aggressive shading I’ve been doing at you, I love this post.

I tend to lean the first, I know he’s in a lot of upheaval irl, but I won’t discount the second.

I’ve never seen bad Scotty so I won’t preclude him being an evil genius, but evil genius Scotty would be more surprising to me than distracted Scotty. I need to see more from him.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:47 pm
Then make an unconfident read, I don't care
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Dizzy is an easy read?
ImageImage

leetic wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:48 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:47 pm

Then make an unconfident read, I don't care
I don't do those lol

Return to “Previous Heists”