[TOWN WIN] Cool Bug Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

_ExLight
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: whatever

Re: [D3] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by _ExLight »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:17 am Welcome ExLight.

Guess the PoE plan is off now because this changes too much.
me subbing in changes the PoE? why?
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 708
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:15 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:09 am My three names are Epignosis/Wilgy/you.
That seems like a fairly small PoE, why these three specifically?
We need to narrow it down to three (or ideally two if you factor for a self-miselim or choke vote but I'm not that far yet).

I think everyone else is town and I'm going through them casing them as villagers basically.

Gonna go eat so will have to answer more in depth than this later.
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

if yall were doing a spread shot in the PoE as an attempt of getting a reaction from scum I'm fine with it

it might be effective depending on who the last one is
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 295

Post by DrWilgy »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:18 am ngl I really hate lynching scum early on because it makes infinitely harder to find the remaining ones due to less interactions

ime scum actually has better odds when they lose scumbuds early on which is a pain
I think a d1 scumyeet is fine, but only if the town legacies that follow are seen through and prior PoEs are followed strictly as that forces the remaining wolf's hand. The game has a tendency to be more self resolving in that sense? BUT recent cases on Wiml and you substituting into a slot that had alot of PoE weight kinda breaks the idea of self resolution.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

I need an avatar
any characters recommendations?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:19 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:17 am Welcome ExLight.

Guess the PoE plan is off now because this changes too much.
me subbing in changes the PoE? why?
A combination of things.

1. the PoE was recently already spread somewhat thin by Michelle and Epi.
2. In that already 'semi-broken' PoE state you've joined on the slot that would've been PoE no. 1 for me.

If you had just joined in OR there weren't multiples of players expanding on the PoE I'd say that we stay true to PoE/Legacy. Now there's just too much unquantifiable information. We can't self resolve most players anymore with both of these things happening.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:21 am
_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:18 am ngl I really hate lynching scum early on because it makes infinitely harder to find the remaining ones due to less interactions

ime scum actually has better odds when they lose scumbuds early on which is a pain
I think a d1 scumyeet is fine, but only if the town legacies that follow are seen through and prior PoEs are followed strictly as that forces the remaining wolf's hand. The game has a tendency to be more self resolving in that sense? BUT recent cases on Wiml and you substituting into a slot that had alot of PoE weight kinda breaks the idea of self resolution.
none of these words are on the bible
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

I'm really not sure if I follow

me simply joining in shouldn't change PoE
my slot is pretty bad, while I'm asking to give me some time to catch up, letting me go to pursue lessee possibilities is a strange logic
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:20 am if yall were doing a spread shot in the PoE as an attempt of getting a reaction from scum I'm fine with it

it might be effective depending on who the last one is
I think we're way too late into the game for generating info to matter when it comes to voting.

I think that there's enough info in the game to read enough players in this game to find the wolf so we should just be doing everything we can to vote that wolf now.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:28 am I'm really not sure if I follow

my slot is pretty bad, while I'm asking to give me some time to catch up, letting me go to pursue lessee possibilities is a strange logic
You joining in doesn't change the PoE for me but it does move you out of my potential vote pool for today.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:17 pm Let's talk Abi. Your vote is on me. It shouldn't be.
Let's
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:44 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:52 pm I wish it mattered... watching semis without being there hurts.
:hugs:

I think it does matter.
Thanks... my desire to prove myself gets worse each year I don't move on

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I think Wilgy is referencing the fact that the PoE was blown right open by a case on me at the start of this cycle when I was considered soft cleared prior to then for burying the other wolf.

The case on me wasn't good to begin with and is now all but dropped and refuted anyway but it has caused people to kind of splinter off that path a bit.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:01 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:52 pm I wish it mattered... watching semis without being there hurts.
Fwiw as a past finalist and (technically) past jury member I really don't think those games are as important as they're made out to be. Champs things in general are severely overhyped on MU.

Champs progression favours specific playstyles more than others and there's a very small sample size so how highly you rank isn't necessarily indicative of how skilled you are.
Thanks...I just can't get past this desire to prove I'm good

ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:28 am I'm really not sure if I follow

Aye it's not just you joining.

BUT, if the PoE was Ex > Epi and now it becomes Epi > Ex due to inherently desiring more data that's possible from a sub joining in, then that's a shift in the PoE.

And further, like I said, based on what I'm seeing the PoE has opened to include both myself and Wiml for multiple players. So what appears to be a consensus PoE of me, Ex, Wiml, Epi is too large and we need to solve one out. You joining right as we need to solve one out of the group causes for more dynamic shifting I think. (simply meaning, I need to now put more energy into solving and would appreciate your thoughts as you catch up.)
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:35 am I think Wilgy is referencing the fact that the PoE was blown right open by a case on me at the start of this cycle when I was considered soft cleared prior to then for burying the other wolf.

The case on me wasn't good to begin with and is now all but dropped and refuted anyway but it has caused people to kind of splinter off that path a bit.
Aye, it in combination with Michelle's suspicion on you implies that AT least 1 player is genuine in thought on you and thus the PoE should include you.
Image Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

Seanzie wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:01 am @_ExLight has replaced @Kate. Please do not discuss substitutions.
What the fuck Ex is here? What the fuck.

Heyyyyyyyy <3

ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:38 am
Seanzie wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:01 am @_ExLight has replaced @Kate. Please do not discuss substitutions.

Heyyyyyyyy <3
lol, I was wondering if you'd enjoy this.

Please solve this slot for me.
Image Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:21 am I need an avatar
any characters recommendations?
Pucci from Rain Code

ImageImage

_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

o i see now

Heyyyyyyyy <3
hiiii <3
im everywhere
including wilgy's walls
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:37 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:35 am I think Wilgy is referencing the fact that the PoE was blown right open by a case on me at the start of this cycle when I was considered soft cleared prior to then for burying the other wolf.

Aye, it in combination with Michelle's suspicion on you implies that AT least 1 player is genuine in thought on you and thus the PoE should include you.
I believe that Epi has dropped the read so it's just Michelle atp.

And Michelle has partially dropped it as well or at the very least toned it down.

Add that to the fact that the argument itself is very, very faulty and shrug.
☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:39 am

Heyyyyyyyy <3
lol, I was wondering if you'd enjoy this.

Please solve this slot for me.
Ex is like one of my best mafia friends lol

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:40 am o i see now

Heyyyyyyyy <3
hiiii <3
im everywhere
including wilgy's walls
I never thought I'd see you on TS I'm so fucking happy omg

ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:40 am o i see now

Heyyyyyyyy <3
hiiii <3
im everywhere
including wilgy's walls
*readies the flamethrower*
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

But for the sake of adding more wiggle room I absolutely agree that we should be pushing Ex to try to towntell if town.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

*wriggle lmao
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Wilgy I know we've had this conversation before but just confirming that you'd still bet the game on Roxy being town?
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

well i'll end up dead then cuz i'm heading to the gym and then I'll have to go to class til 7PM
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

I guess I can do gym at night so I can play here a bit though
☆Princess Abigail☆

I'll shield you Ex

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I veto an ex kill for a day

ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:40 am

And Michelle has partially dropped it as well or at the very least toned it down.

I think in terms of consensus PoE it doesn't change that you are included now and can't be written off as resolving. Enough suspicion HAS been thrown around (when we really didn't need to) that makes the game more difficult. I'm in a similar position as well seeing you, Roxy, and Michelle all having doubts on me. I won't be self resolving, you won't, Epi won't after D1/D2. Ex and Abigail still have some resolution weight to each other I think, but that read is so dated it doesn't matter anymore.

Pretty much the only slots that I think are still not welcome on the greater PoE are Michelle and Roxy and have pretty much been spewed by lack of push.
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:44 am I veto an ex kill for a day
Agree
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:43 am Wilgy I know we've had this conversation before but just confirming that you'd still bet the game on Roxy being town?
I mean, I'd lose to it and say 'good on Roxy for doing what I specifically don't expect from her as W' and move onto the next.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:44 am I veto an ex kill for a day
Aye don't worry about that from me. I've already unvoted.
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:45 am

I think in terms of consensus PoE it doesn't change that you are included now and can't be written off as resolving. Enough suspicion HAS been thrown around (when we really didn't need to) that makes the game more difficult. I'm in a similar position as well seeing you, Roxy, and Michelle all having doubts on me. I won't be self resolving, you won't, Epi won't after D1/D2. Ex and Abigail still have some resolution weight to each other I think, but that read is so dated it doesn't matter anymore.

Pretty much the only slots that I think are still not welcome on the greater PoE are Michelle and Roxy and have pretty much been spewed by lack of push.
Alright yeah, I agree with that and have definitely been irritated by how things went down.

I'd argue that threadspew reads like you're saying Michelle and Roxy have been spewed by don't really exist though because if they're wolfing it's not like they'd have partners around to push on them.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:46 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:43 am Wilgy I know we've had this conversation before but just confirming that you'd still bet the game on Roxy being town?
I mean, I'd lose to it and say 'good on Roxy for doing what I specifically don't expect from her as W' and move onto the next.
Deja vu here but mind linking some Roxy wolf games?

The faster I clear players like Roxy the more I can solve within the PoE.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:49 am

Alright yeah, I agree with that and have definitely been irritated by how things went down.

I'd argue that threadspew reads like you're saying Michelle and Roxy have been spewed by don't really exist though because if they're wolfing it's not like they'd have partners around to push on them.
re threadspew, If they are wolf, a townie theoretically SHOULD'VE caught something W indicative and be in pursuit. More likely than not, not EVERYONE is wrong.
Image Image Image
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:44 am I'll shield you Ex
:cloud9:
i'll protect u too although I don't think you're at risk lol
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:51 am

I can think of 2 instances where Roxy was wolf recently, but I'd need to find them (no promises, half busy at the moment). One of which I was very much correct on an SR of their teammate (I think it was SVS at the time) and Roxy vehemently defended them.
Image Image Image
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

how active was the scum that got lynched D1 and what would yall say caused their lynch?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:51 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:49 am

re threadspew, If they are wolf, a townie theoretically SHOULD'VE caught something W indicative and be in pursuit. More likely than not, not EVERYONE is wrong.
That's fair to some extent, yeah. I've combed Michelle pretty thoroughly and am going through Roxy rn and the absence of anything I think is truly wolf indicative is a plus for both.

I'd argue that it really scales with how strong they are at wolfing but in this case I think I'd expect both players as wolves to have made me more concerned so that's fine.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:54 am how active was the scum that got lynched D1 and what would yall say caused their lynch?
Not very.

Twas a combination of Wiml/Falcon/JJJ pushing for it and LC just becoming the best option.

Town reading, or at least reasons to town read everyone else appeared throughout the day.
Image Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:53 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:44 am I'll shield you Ex
:cloud9:
i'll protect u too although I don't think you're at risk lol
Nah I am obv town

ImageImage

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

_ExLight wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:54 am how active was the scum that got lynched D1 and what would yall say caused their lynch?
5th most active player in the game for the first 12 hours and then posted 3 times in the next 36 hours.

And for the second question both myself and JJJ buried him and he kind of gave up.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:53 am
Wiml wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:51 am

I can think of 2 instances where Roxy was wolf recently, but I'd need to find them (no promises, half busy at the moment). One of which I was very much correct on an SR of their teammate (I think it was SVS at the time) and Roxy vehemently defended them.
Alright, ty.
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

noteddd
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:57 am
Not very.

Twas a combination of Wiml/Falcon/JJJ pushing for it and LC just becoming the best option.

Town reading, or at least reasons to town read everyone else appeared throughout the day.
Can vouch for this as well.
_ExLight
Stool Pigeon

Post by _ExLight »

it's 2 wolf team then if yall said only one left?

assuming normal skill players my first instinct is that scum doesn't bus D1 unless the wagon was at least at H-2 and hesitates or lurks - or places a vote early on for distancing and then gets in an awkward position and cant remove it

so we should prolly be looking for people adding useless votes or throwing shade at other players despite having a vote sitting on scum

veeery small chance scum busses for the lols in hopes of mega townpants
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I thought and read all night the same old tired thread that I have read way too many times this game.
I came to the conclusion that I feel like I want to trust Wiml bc they helped me get to Limey. I want to trust them bc only crazy players bus their only partner D 1. Is Wiml crazy? idk as this is our first game together.

I have seen it happen recently in a lot of games and I always find it quite silly. I mean their are only 2 why bus?? But you kids play diff than me.

Michelle/Epi I do see what you are getting at but I am scared I am trusting the wrong people. I am meaning this mostly to Epi as I *do* have a hard time reading them and ofc they know it. Michelle less so bc you tend to wear your towniness on your sleeve.

Wigly thanks for your response and I feel ya but the niggle is there and not going away.

Princess - I appreciate you and your thoughts on Epi/Michelle/Wiml. Are you sure enough about your read to hammer? Just a question - I am *not* asking you to do it.

I am guessing everyone is in a similar position.

Now we have added ExLight - welcome btw - I have a personal rule not to vote new players (to me or the site in general).
So you are out of my POE already and unless you do something super wild I do not see it changing, the person you replaced is a personal friend of mine and I do feel like I can trust that they were just busy.
;)

Return to “Previous Hustles”