Re: [D3] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:27 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:15 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:56 am Town Core

Wilgy
Roxy
Wiml

Probs Michelle is town and I'm letting earlier emotions get to me again.

I think Kate is less likely to play this way as wolf but I think Kate is unlikely to play this way as either alignment so I'm trying not to read too hard into that

Epi is probs just a wolf.

GGs
Talk to me more about the bolded please. Why the suspicion I have gives you emotions?
I think my feelings for what happened D1 have been pretty on my shoulder and I don't really want to rehash it. I'm acutely aware that my emotional state can sometimes impact my reads negatively.
I am sorry for that, please note that I mean no harm to you personally and it's about game suspicion.
:bighug:

Mafia contains a lot of emotion and I've been highly emotional in games myself until I realised I shouldn't put at heart a game who is supposed to be fun.
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 295

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:47 pm Fwiw I think we win this game unless exactly Wilgy is a wolf.

I'm now just trying to work out if I think Wilgy being a wolf is plausible or if he's just town.
gross, looking for traction on me?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:11 pm Abi, any of your towncore reads that you would be able to explain for me?
I mean... they are all kinda gut based in this game usually that wouldn't be how I'd play but here it's kinda where my hand has been forced so explaining a gut read is like neigh impossible with my brain
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:38 pm

Wilgy
Roxy
Wiml

I think Kate is less likely to play this way as wolf but I think Kate is unlikely to play this way as either alignment so I'm trying not to read too hard into that

GGs
Talk to me more about the bolded please. Why the suspicion I have gives you emotions?
I think my feelings for what happened D1 have been pretty on my shoulder and I don't really want to rehash it. I'm acutely aware that my emotional state can sometimes impact my reads negatively.
You're doing a good job there Abi (and I'm sure JJJ agrees as well).
Thank you

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 708
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:51 pm
Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:47 pm Fwiw I think we win this game unless exactly Wilgy is a wolf.

I'm now just trying to work out if I think Wilgy being a wolf is plausible or if he's just town.
Kind of the opposite. I'm looking for a towncase on you.
☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:40 pm
Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:13 pm Any good Wilgy readers here want to talk about him with me?

Or anybody with a strong read on him really.
That doesn't exist.
I disagree and also your town and I believe that strongly. Get rekt.

ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Now that proper PoE resolution has been thrown out for reasons, I think I'm at:
Kate > Abigail > Wiml > Epi > Michelle> Roxy.

I'd lose to Michelle or Roxy. Epi is hard because I have a perpetual bad read on the slot.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:54 pm Now that proper PoE resolution has been thrown out for reasons, I think I'm at:

I'd lose to Michelle or Roxy. Epi is hard because I have a perpetual bad read on the slot.
Why is Epi so high for you?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:52 pm

Plenty have already been provided.

Plenty of wolf cases have as well.

Why hesitate to place me based on these? Not as if something magically new will appear.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:53 pm
Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:13 pm Any good Wilgy readers here want to talk about him with me?

That doesn't exist.
Foiled again!
Image Image Image
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:54 pm Now that proper PoE resolution has been thrown out for reasons, I think I'm at:

What made you accept so easy the suspicion on Quin?

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:49 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:06 am @Kate
@Roxy
@DrWilgy

Please share your thoughts about the game, we need activity here
I think we've chosen to not trust the process and this puts the game in a questionable state.

While I get the Wiml suspicion (d1 I was on board), by modification to the PoE in this game state to include Wiml they no longer are self resolving.

Previously, we go through the PoE of Kate/Epi/Me/Abigail as much as possible, and then question who's alive at lylo and who's been manipulating out of f3 it's easier as the game had a clear route with noticable oddity.

Now our PoE is too large too early, NK's give us less information and we have to go off of a more gut based approach and that is somewhat gross to me.

Like, I still think solving Kate to be necessary at this point, however, an f3 with like me/Abigail/Wiml is now terrifying because we didn't let the "bussers" self resolve via a strong town core.
But yeah I agree with this and have found it pretty irritating.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:55 pm
Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:52 pm

Plenty have already been provided.

Plenty of wolf cases have as well.

Why hesitate to place me based on these? Not as if something magically new will appear.
Betting the game on you being town is a BIG ask.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:55 pm

I believe Epi believes they caught you.

Skiming this day and seeing his behavior makes me think this to be true. However, I have a tendency of reading T Epi for this and also being wrong, so it's not a read I trust and would leave to the consensus to sort out for me.
Image Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:51 pm

Wilgy
Roxy
Wiml

GGs
I am sorry for that, please note that I mean no harm to you personally and it's about game suspicion.

Mafia contains a lot of emotion and I've been highly emotional in games myself until I realised I shouldn't put at heart a game who is supposed to be fun.
You've done nothing wrong but thank you. I play mafia emotionally at my core because I find that I'm at my best when I'm like that. I dunno how to describe it. I wear my emotions openly and it's been good for me. But I also see how I can get tunneled off it.

I've been told that I can speak about this by the MU mods. Caitlin or OIx plays very similarly to me and if you read how her and Justin were treating each other in the semi final 1 that just got canceled... from a spectator pov I was shouting it was T v T and that read was right but if you put me and you in that position I'm suddenly scum reading you much like Cait was scum reading Justin.

As a bystander I can read the scenario right through empathy but when I'm in it I fall back on my own feelings and don't look at yours. This is bad and I kinda feel like me v you this game is exactly what Caitlin v Justin was in that game.

ImageImage

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

That's the sort of towncase I'm asking for. Not one that shuffles you along in my reads a little bit.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:56 pm

What made you accept so easy the suspicion on Quin?
Thought they were W d1 as I explained, didn't really do anything to prove contrary when here, twas an easy enough clip of the PoE.
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I am playing today with the sole intention of creating a full solve first an foremost at which point I will case that solve, enforce it as long as I'm alive and leave it as my legacy if I die.

That solve has to be narrowed to 3 villagers or ideally 2 if I'm in the possible line of fire (as much as I disagree with that notion).
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

And if all that fails then that's on y'all.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Bruh

ImageImage

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

The solve is within Kate, Epi and Wilgy and I will case as such later.

The issue is that I'm going to need to narrow that down to two still.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

We are playing hunt the SK and the PoE was stretched too think by 2 people (indicative that the thought process to do so is at least plausibly genuine)

There's no longer a "solve" but a what do our own methods agree upon and which of those methods has the most agreement.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:01 pm

Bruh
Hombre you know why I can't clear you this game, as much as I'd like to.
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:03 pm We are playing hunt the SK and the PoE was stretched too think by 2 people (indicative that the thought process to do so is at least plausibly genuine)

There's no longer a "solve" but a what do our own methods agree upon and which of those methods has the most agreement.
Well, one person stretched it and another saw an opportunity that directly benefitted their survival as a PoE player and jumped on.

There is always a solve. If I get a game winning solve then I'm pretty confident in my ability to case and push it.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:03 pm

Bruh
Why can't you?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Because where I'm at rn I can vouch for Abigail and say that you're wrong tbh.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

+ please answer why Epi is town.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:05 pm

Bruh
Why can't you?
Fear
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:07 pm + please answer why Epi is town.
I did
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

@Kate Im sorry for pinging you a bunch but if there is anything you can do to demonstrate your alignment today and get into the game I would greatly appreciate it.

If you're town and we find you then the game is over and we win.

I understand that you're busy though.
DrWilgy

Re: [D2] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:44 pm Are they mafia?

Abigail - no
DrWilgy - no
Epignosis - doubt
Kate - meh?
Michelle - no
Quin - yes
Roxy - no
Wiml - no
We trust the process.

Kate > Epi > everyone else.

Godspeed you goons
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:08 pm

Bruh
Why can't you?
Fear
Do you fear Abi more than you fear me?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:10 pm

Bruh
Why can't you?
Fear
Yes
Image Image Image
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:10 pm

Bruh
Why can't you?
Fear
Yes
I'm not a wolf this game because if I were a wolf I'd be more townread. :meany:
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:57 pm
Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:55 pm

I believe Epi believes they caught you.

Skiming this day and seeing his behavior makes me think this to be true. However, I have a tendency of reading T Epi for this and also being wrong, so it's not a read I trust and would leave to the consensus to sort out for me.
Missed this before but ty.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:12 pm

Bruh
Why can't you?
Fear
Yes
Me 2
Image Image Image
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:58 pm

Wilgy
Roxy
Wiml

GGs

You've done nothing wrong but thank you. I play mafia emotionally at my core because I find that I'm at my best when I'm like that. I dunno how to describe it. I wear my emotions openly and it's been good for me. But I also see how I can get tunneled off it.

I've been told that I can speak about this by the MU mods. Caitlin or OIx plays very similarly to me and if you read how her and Justin were treating each other in the semi final 1 that just got canceled... from a spectator pov I was shouting it was T v T and that read was right but if you put me and you in that position I'm suddenly scum reading you much like Cait was scum reading Justin.

As a bystander I can read the scenario right through empathy but when I'm in it I fall back on my own feelings and don't look at yours.
This is bad and I kinda feel like me v you this game is exactly what Caitlin v Justin was in that game.
I tried to avoid such things. It's sad...

I understand you consider you can read me based on the games we played (I don't think you saw me wolfing though) and you have a TR for that but the read is shaken because I suspect you.
I also think you understood why I suspected you so that shouldn't be an issue. But you voted me today because I started to suspect Wiml.

I wish an explanation for your town read on Wiml please

That doesn't exist.
I like this post. Made me laugh.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Bruh
Why can't you?
Fear
Yes
You were universally town read until today.

☆Princess Abigail☆

Bruh
No I don't understand why. Pls explain

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Bruh
Why can't you?
Fear
Yes
Wtf why I'm not even good ...

ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:20 pm

Bruh
Why can't you?
Fear
Yes
You're amazing, don't undersell yourself.
Image Image Image
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:03 pm We are playing hunt the SK and the PoE was stretched too think by 2 people (indicative that the thought process to do so is at least plausibly genuine)

My personal Poe wasn't the consensus one since yesterday anyway.

Methods doesn't count, but the conclusions are important

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Don't forget to town case Wiml for me Abigail

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:17 pm

Why can't you?
Fear
Yes
Yeah and one more day of that and this game would have locked with my nightkill.

But what I actually meant (semi-jokingly) was that as a wolf I am very confident in my ability to get townreads just from my posting and not interactions with other teammates. It's one of the reasons why I very rarely bus (the other being that I can rarely survive F3 situations due to paranoia about my survival since I tend to get halfway ruled even if I don't bus).
☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:15 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:58 pm

Wilgy
Roxy
Wiml

GGs

As a bystander I can read the scenario right through empathy but when I'm in it I fall back on my own feelings and don't look at yours.
This is bad and I kinda feel like me v you this game is exactly what Caitlin v Justin was in that game.
I tried to avoid such things. It's sad...

I understand you consider you can read me based on the games we played (I don't think you saw me wolfing though) and you have a TR for that but the read is shaken because I suspect you.
I also think you understood why I suspected you so that shouldn't be an issue. But you voted me today because I started to suspect Wiml.

I wish an explanation for your town read on Wiml please

That doesn't exist.
I like this post. Made me laugh.
Genuine inquisitive mindset. Not letting emotion change the way they are playing. Heavily accurate Bread read that I just do not see as bussing... yet. Bread openly acknowledging the fear of Wiml helps. Vibes and gut.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:20 pm

Why can't you?
Fear
Yes
I've lost like 2 of my 3 wolf Rands this year and got D1d in 1

I'm trashhhh

ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:21 pm

My personal Poe wasn't the consensus one since yesterday anyway.

Methods doesn't count, but the conclusions are important
Fair enough

True, but methods see to the creation of conclusions. Each of us will value said methods and conclusions in their own way resulting in dissonance.

The town core naturally dissolves because of this dissonance and the NK and we are left with best guesses from all.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:23 pm

Why can't you?
Fear
Yes

I'm trashhhh
I just lost 2/3 wolf rands this week and you carried my dumbass to victory in champs.

You're goat
Image Image Image
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:22 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:17 pm

Why can't you?
Fear
Yes
Yeah and one more day of that and this game would have locked with my nightkill.

But what I actually meant (semi-jokingly) was that as a wolf I am very confident in my ability to get townreads just from my posting and not interactions with other teammates. It's one of the reasons why I very rarely bus (the other being that I can rarely survive F3 situations due to paranoia about my survival since I tend to get halfway ruled even if I don't bus).
Talk to me about bussing please. Why not?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:23 pm

Why can't you?
Fear
Yes

I'm trashhhh
Don't say that, it's not true. You should think higher of yourself :bighug:

Return to “Previous Hustles”