[TOWN WIN] Cool Bug Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 708
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: [D1] Cool Bug Mafia

Post by Wiml »

Is there a way to make the ISO feature work in the ascending direction without it breaking every time you try to change pages?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 272
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:12 am Is there a way to make the ISO feature work in the ascending direction without it breaking every time you try to change pages?
There's a way to tweak the URL to flip it right-side up (and I think it stays that way), but I always forget how to do it.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Wiml do you have any reads on Kate and/or Epignosis?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:06 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:00 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:55 am Well that's unfortunate.
What do you think of the reasons I gave for town reading falcon?
Farty.
I laughed.

Why do you read me as town if my town read on your suspect is farty?
I actually used that because you used it to describe my post and I though it was funny.

I just looked at it.

I think my thing was seeing him vote you and Michelle, mainly Michelle, and thinking it was bad.

Your townread on him I can maybe see from your POV with how he was reading you specifically.
Though I think the "Voting him until he creates a towncore" kind of just feels like a fake thing to use just to set a bar however high he wants and not give credit.

I'm back and forth on the read itself I'll have to see him a second go around.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I can feel POE gravity pulling me towards "at least one mafioso exists in DrWilgy, Quin, and Roxy".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:14 am I actually used that because you used it to describe my post and I though it was funny.

I just looked at it.

I think my thing was seeing him vote you and Michelle, mainly Michelle, and thinking it was bad.

Your townread on him I can maybe see from your POV with how he was reading you specifically.
Though I think the "Voting him until he creates a towncore" kind of just feels like a fake thing to use just to set a bar however high he wants and not give credit.

Okay thanks. I'll give it a good proper thonk.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:14 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:12 am Is there a way to make the ISO feature work in the ascending direction without it breaking every time you try to change pages?
There's a way to tweak the URL to flip it right-side up (and I think it stays that way), but I always forget how to do it.
Thanks, it's manageable as is but takes a bit of getting used to.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:14 am @Wiml do you have any reads on Kate and/or Epignosis?
Not any strong opinions based on my initial read of the thread but I'm going through some ISOs now.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:33 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:31 am It's a read I've used with consistency for months with insanely high accuracy.

The read is the first wagon with 3 votes always had 1 wolf in 4 names

I admittedly forced it here but still.
Or alternatively, if you can remember another time you made this read, that'd help. I said earlier that I thought I had seen it before from you, but I cannot recall specifically.
I can remember many

Let me go find them

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost7065338

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost7065348

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost7065633

Here is a progression that exactly mirrors my read here. I was wrong about DDS but very much right about the 1 in 4

I'm too lazy to go dig around FoL for games but if you want more I will find them
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:06 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:05 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:00 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:55 am Well that's unfortunate.
What do you think of the reasons I gave for town reading falcon?
Farty.
I laughed.

Why do you read me as town if my town read on your suspect is farty?
I actually used that because you used it to describe my post and I though it was funny.

I just looked at it.

Is there a reason you had an issue with falcon voting Michelle but not me doing the same?

I saw somebody say in a prior game that falcon making these sort of aggressive pushes like on Michelle was his town meta (and although that's not something I'm putting a tonne of stock in atm it does line up with what I've seen from Falcon's play in prior games recently).
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:22 am I can remember many

Let me go find them

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost7065338

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost7065348

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost7065633

Here is a progression that exactly mirrors my read here. I was wrong about DDS but very much right about the 1 in 4

I'm too lazy to go dig around FoL for games but if you want more I will find them
Thanks for finding an exact post. At the very least, you have established a precedent.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:44 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:40 am Okay but like what I mean by this is not real is that 2 people have said that I'm town

Michelle has said why

They've answered

Michelle has said no

And they've been like oh ha yes you are right in fact no

And nobody thinks this is fishy or weird.

It brings to mind that famous W Bush quote

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice uh never fool me again
Truth be told, my biggest takeaway from that sequence wasn't "Abigail is suspicious", but instead it was "Michelle is making sound points and seems authentic". This is kind of the nature of teamwork, as I see it.

I do think it's plausible that LC followed the wave, since his reduced town read followed directly from mine. So that could be called fishy.
I mean... maybe but I don't even think the reasoning was that sound Michelle was just looking for a reason to omgus me

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 261
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:46 am @Michelle do you still read falcon as town?
I wouldn't bet the game on it rn, but I wouldn't vote him either. I need more content from him.
Vibe test was good but it's not enough.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:05 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:31 am It's a read I've used with consistency for months with insanely high accuracy.

Or alternatively, if you can remember another time you made this read, that'd help. I said earlier that I thought I had seen it before from you, but I cannot recall specifically.
I can vouch for this tell being a thing that town-Abi would absolutely believe in, even if I also can't think of a specific time she's made this read otoh.
I'm kinda known for it on FoL and MU xD

Enough that I've been pushed for not using it on FoL

ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I still think Abigail seems more town than not, just as a general impression of the ways she has received and answered suspicion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:25 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:46 am @Michelle do you still read falcon as town?
I wouldn't bet the game on it rn, but I wouldn't vote him either. I need more content from him.
Vibe test was good but it's not enough.
Pretty much exactly my view. Thanks.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I can vouch for this tell being a thing that town-Abi would absolutely believe in, even if I also can't think of a specific time she's made this read otoh.
Like many players, when wolfing, she tries to mimick her town game. The fact town her goes for a mafia in first wagon doesn't mean scum her wouldn't try the same tactic

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:26 am

I'm kinda known for it on FoL and MU xD

Enough that I've been pushed for not using it on FoL
Yeah, I think I've seen you do this before but I can't place a specific game where you have.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:26 am I still think Abigail seems more town than not, just as a general impression of the ways she has received and answered suspicion.
Last two games I saw her play in real time she was town and I considered to be be socially an IC after ~D2-3.

I think she'll be increasingly obvious in time if town tbh.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:29 am

Like many players, when wolfing, she tries to mimick her town game. The fact town her goes for a mafia in first wagon doesn't mean scum her wouldn't try the same tactic
Fully agree, just vouching that it's not wolf-indicative of her.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

VC
Squash your first bug!
Poll runs till Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:00 am
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

You may select 1 option

☆Princess Abigail☆
20%
Voters: Epignosis, Michelle
DrWilgy
No votes
Voters: None
Epignosis
No votes
falcon45ca
10%
Voters: Lime Coke
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Kate
No votes
Lime Coke
20%
Voters: Wiml, JaggedJimmyJay
Michelle
20%
Voters: ☆Princess Abigail☆, falcon45ca
Quin
No votes
Roxy
No votes
Wiml
No votes
Unvote
No votes
Spectator
30%
Voters: Scotty, Seanzie, Syn
Total votes: 10

3 equal wagons of 2 votes are interesting

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:48 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:23 am I interpreted Lime Coke's "scared" as a lighthearted (so, "jokey") way of expressing a genuine sentiment -- unease about Wiml.
Yes I like to use the "I'm scared" thing as a joke in moments and in the tone of me trying to act tough or like I'm about to do something huge.

The shift tends to get people since they don't expect it.
This seems reasonable enough.

What was the intention in quoting that specific post of mine, then?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:22 am

Is there a reason you had an issue with falcon voting Michelle but not me doing the same?

I sa in atm it
Falcon also voted JJJ before Michelle.

You did not.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I left that second part in your quote because it was left over when I was erasing most of that and I thought it looked funny.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:32 am

It's more than that though.
The agreement with Jay that you and me are oposed alignment looks pockety and false in the 'one in these 4 players is a wolf but not me' worldview.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Brad you changed playstyle. Just noticed it but I think I was aware since the league game.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I try to provide a more concrete rainbow that isn't just dichotomized for a POE pool:

falcon45ca
Michelle

--
Kate
Epignosis

--
Abigail
Wiml

--
DrWilgy
Quin
Roxy

Lime Coke

Names are still not ordered within individual colors. In this case, the bottom four form a default "POE pool" that leaves room for one of the names above to drop back in if necessary. I will try not to get too absorbed into this world view (I acknowledge my rationale for each read isn't extremely thorough yet), but it's going to stagnate as long as the thread is dominated by a subset of high-activity posters. That's no slight on the folks that haven't gotten deeply involved yet; I understand time is a limited resource.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I like Epi's push on Abigail (irrespective of Abigail's alignment).

I think the reasoning is understandable and I can believe that Epi believes in what he's pushing with the intensity he has.

Otherwise, I don't have a lot to say on his posting.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:38 am Brad you changed playstyle. Just noticed it but I think I was aware since the league game.
Is it that different?

Like I got rid of the massive hard defending... which I'll still do every now and then but a lot less rage.

My read collecting style might be different and I actually make pushes.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:25 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:40 am Okay but like what I mean by this is not real is that 2 people have said that I'm town

Michelle has said why

They've answered

Michelle has said no

Truth be told, my biggest takeaway from that sequence wasn't "Abigail is suspicious", but instead it was "Michelle is making sound points and seems authentic". This is kind of the nature of teamwork, as I see it.

I do think it's plausible that LC followed the wave, since his reduced town read followed directly from mine. So that could be called fishy.
I mean... maybe but I don't even think the reasoning was that sound Michelle was just looking for a reason to omgus me
I take that you consider my vote on you fabricated. Give me details

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:36 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:32 am

It's more than that though.
The agreement with Jay that you and me are oposed alignment looks pockety and false in the 'one in these 4 players is a wolf but not me' worldview.
It also irked me at the time (hence my questioning there) but I've seen enough micro towny moments from Abi that outweigh that for me that I'm happy to just sit back and let her post naturally with full confidence that I'll have a good idea of her alignment by the time I do a thorough look at her posting.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:40 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:38 am Brad you changed playstyle. Just noticed it but I think I was aware since the league game.
Is it that different?

Like I got rid of the massive hard defending... which I'll still do every now and then but a lot less rage.

My read collecting style might be different and I actually make pushes.
Yes. Lenght of posts, complete explanations of thoughts and probably a minor difference between town and wolf games.
I am not sure I can read you so easy like I used to.

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:38 am If I try to provide a more concrete rainbow that isn't just dichotomized for a POE pool:

falcon45ca
Michelle

--
Kate
Epignosis

--
Abigail
Wiml

--
DrWilgy
Quin
Roxy

Lime Coke

Names are still not ordered within individual colors. In this case, the bottom four form a default "POE pool" that leaves room for one of the names above to drop back in if necessary. I will try not to get too absorbed into this world view (I acknowledge my rationale for each read isn't extremely thorough yet), but it's going to stagnate as long as the thread is dominated by a subset of high-activity posters. That's no slight on the folks that haven't gotten deeply involved yet; I understand time is a limited resource.
I might have missed over you talking about it but I'd appreciate your own opinion on Kate and Epi.

They're two players you probably know way better than I do.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:46 am I might have missed over you talking about it but I'd appreciate your own opinion on Kate and Epi.

I want to let Epignosis continue to do his thing a little bit before I expand on my perspective (for his sake).

As for Kate, I liked her explanation for her falcon read. I would like to see more though. The value of that moment will degrade with time in the absence of something else.

Also, I should say that I know Epi "well", in that I have played a ton of games with him -- but both he and I play much less often than we used to, so it's been a while. I don't actually know Kate that well. I have spectated some, but this might be our first game together.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:51 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:46 am I might have missed over you talking about it but I'd appreciate your own opinion on Kate and Epi.

I want to let Epignosis continue to do his thing a little bit before I expand on my perspective (for his sake).

As for Kate, I liked her explanation for her falcon read. I would like to see more though. The value of that moment will degrade with time in the absence of something else.

Also, I should say that I know Epi "well", in that I have played a ton of games with him -- but both he and I play much less often than we used to, so it's been a while. I don't actually know Kate that well. I have spectated some, but this might be our first game together.
Thanks. I think the Falcon post is easily Kate's best post but I don't have a strong read on her overall.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I spectated Kate twice recently and found her as town but both times were largely due to external factors.

This game she seems tonally different to how I remember her being in both of those games but it's not something I care to put a lot of stock into.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:38 am I like Epi's push on Abigail (irrespective of Abigail's alignment).

I think the reasoning is understandable and I can believe that Epi believes in what he's pushing with the intensity he has.

The reasoning that I lied about something excessively innocuous for no reason as wolf is understandable?

Cause I do not see it.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:43 am

Michelle has said why

They've answered

Michelle has said no

I think that you are accusing me of things you are actively doing far more than I am wrt pocketing specifically

And I do not believe you believe your reasons for voting me when you have seen me play before.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Bleh I need more towns

Be towny.

ImageImage

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:19 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:43 am

Michelle has said why

They've answered

Michelle has said no

I think that you are accusing me of things you are actively doing far more than I am wrt pocketing specifically

And I do not believe you believe your reasons for voting me when you have seen me play before.
I do believe them exactly because I saw you playing before and also caught you wolfing despite the fact everyone in the thread was against my push because you had a pure tone.

Aand I am pocketing my town reads when I am town in all my games if you want to call my attitude pocketing.
That's how I play.
Tbh a great player taught me that and I found it friendly and suited with my personality. It increases town's positive energy.

And if I am wrong about you, just do your thing, it's not like I have reads set in stone in the first quarter of D1

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:18 am
Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:38 am I like Epi's push on Abigail (irrespective of Abigail's alignment).

The reasoning that I lied about something excessively innocuous for no reason as wolf is understandable?

Cause I do not see it.
I think it's valid for town-Epi to point out that post and think that what you're saying there isn't a real thought.

Not necessarily that you're lying as much as that you said something that logically a villager wouldn't think to write because the answer seems obvious whereas a wolf is more likely to be disconnected from those sort of thought processes which is fair.

Source: had a similar initial gut reaction to that post of yours (although I've dropped it now and you're trending up on my reads).
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I don't think that any individual person is extremely obvious town rn but I think that the thread is largely town-dominated and I'm happy with the state of the game as a result.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:20 am Bleh I need more towns

Be towny.
Where's your head at currently?
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:40 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:58 pm To the best of my memory, this is the first time I have been a civilian in a Syndicate game since 2021. I am probably going to be my worstbest self and play at full throttle, as though this is the last chance I will ever have to solve a Mafia game.

Come friends, and let us make mincemeat of malevolent mountainous mafia.
Wait... this is the last game your ever playing?
I realise that I misread this post from Abigail initially and it's nowhere near as bad as I had initially thought it was on my first viewing.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Epi's push isn't as towny as I initially gave him credit for then.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:30 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:58 pm To the best of my memory, this is the first time I have been a civilian in a Syndicate game since 2021. I am probably going to be my worstbest self and play at full throttle, as though this is the last chance I will ever have to solve a Mafia game.

I realise that I misread this post from Abigail initially and it's nowhere near as bad as I had initially thought it was on my first viewing.
Can you please explain more about your first take and the way you see that post now?

☆Princess Abigail☆

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:10 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:20 am Bleh I need more towns

Be towny.
Where's your head at currently?
My head is at if I find 6 townies I win but I've only found one confident town read

ImageImage

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Another dumb how to use the site question but is there a mobile-friendly way to post the vote count polls as text in the thread?

Assuming the answer is yes since Michelle did so earlier.
☆Princess Abigail☆

How did you read it initially? What changed? Why does that change your stance on Epis push?

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Wiml wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:39 am Another dumb how to use the site question but is there a mobile-friendly way to post the vote count polls as text in the thread?

Assuming the answer is yes since Michelle did so earlier.
I just copy paste and reformat them on mobile

It is not friendly though

ImageImage

Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Michelle wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:38 am

Can you please explain more about your first take and the way you see that post now?
My sleep-addled mind read "last" as "first" and the post read as a false question / excessively pedantic on my initial skim of the thread since surely Abigail would know that JJJ was an experienced player even if she misinterpreted his post. I later mostly dropped the read because I thought Abigail had done more important AI stuff later but I understood why Epi pushed on it and was planning on revisiting it when I ISOed Abigail again.

Now after rereading the post and realising I was being dumb I think the post is likely just NAI and understand less why Epi pushed on it so confidently.

Return to “Previous Hustles”