(host, mod, other)
45%

Total votes: 11
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 2

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:27 pm So this plan allows us to still discuss suspicions, right?
Of course.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 95

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:22 pm More than mildly sus lol.

One day we will all break free of the thought virus that is omgus. One day.

OMGUS would just be for the sake of your sus, I have actual facts that I point to informing the read

One day we will break free of the thought virus of calling all cross SRs as OMGUS.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:23 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:22 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:03 pm If I ask myself who seems townier out of Neon, Falcon and SixStrings I ... find it difficult. Neon and Falcon now at odds with each other feels like it makes the wolf being one of them kinda likely.

Neon's play hasn't made much sense but I'm a sucker for the desperate tone.

SixStrings can literally just be chopped like whenever I guess?

"Now at odds" when I've been sus on her slot since D1 is an interesting way of interpretating things...
Yes and Neon wasn't of you ergo the premise would make no sense until now right?

Keep townspewing though it's helping.

Yeah OK, that's fair
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 222
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:27 pm
Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:26 pm I'm not down with this plan but at this point I can't be assed too defend myself.

Vote: Neon
Sorry i should have said mafia or town Neon lol.
Fair.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:25 pm Step 1 Flip Neon
if game doesnt end
Step 2 Flip Neon voters in reverse order of post count.
Step 3 ... there isn't one cuz if we get here we lose.

If you're not down with this plan you're probably mafia.
Doesn't this plan require everyone to vote Neon?
☆Princess Abigail☆

The reason I feel off and don't have a coherent world view is because I've been contemplating quitting mafia entirely... and I'm trying to find my love for the game again because I don't want to quit mafia because it's my only social outlet.

But I've barely been able to coherently read this thread.

I'm a threat to town because I do not have a clear world view, a clear grasp of the game state and a reasonable mind to read the game.

However! The one read I've made that I fully believe I've had the context and real coherent sense to make was with Dennis.

At this point I will focus on helping town however I can though I prefer you never sheep my reads.

I would deeply like to solve Six, Dennis, Falcon, SVS, Wilgy before my inevitable end today.

These are the people who I trust the least wrt how they've voted me over the last 2 days.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:25 pm Step 1 Flip Neon
if game doesnt end
Step 2 Flip Neon voters in reverse order of post count.
Step 3 ... there isn't one cuz if we get here we lose.

If you're not down with this plan you're probably mafia.
Doesn't this plan require everyone to vote Neon?
Sure eventually
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why those 5 and not Mata, Mac or Daisy?
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Matahari »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:02 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:51 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:15 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:10 pm @falcon45ca why would you think it’s hypocritical or gross? Trying to weigh all interpretations and all sides of a situation (basically overthinking) in order to be as fair as possible, doesn’t seem gross to me. Please explain what you think is gross?
So what are your actual reads then?

If you're actually considering all sides of the situation and entertaining the legitimacy of them, then surely you must see how to town there's gonna be the appearance of hypocrisy
My reads will change from day to day, as thread info comes in.
As of right now, I have as probable town: SVS, Dennis, Daisy, and I’m keeping Strings in this group for the time being, even without much info to go on. He’s new and I hope he gets enough time to enjoy playing.
Everyone else is just in a gray area right now. I don’t hardcore suspect anyone but not sure if anyone in this group is town either. I need to see more from them.
Yesterday, I did suspect Neon a bit, but I think maybe I’m just not used to her posting style, and I am trying to be fair. I want to wait a bit and try to see if I can understand her pov.
I also had doubts about Mac towards the end of day 1, but I could also see how a civ might change their mind and try to get people to ‘re-open the case’. I’ve done this before so I need to think on this some more.
At this point, I would really like to see what everyone thinks about everyone.
People I'm Not voting for:

Wilgy, Dennis, Mac, Six

People I Would Need convincing to vote for:

Falcon and Now (ALL NEW!) Matahari

People I could consider pending input:

Daisy, that one post was so well crafted to leave her options open.

And I already voted for Neon, but I'm not married to that. I felt good about her until the end of the day, and the way she went for Dennis overnight. I have to read her and Macs interactions. Also sig interactions, I started doing that this AM, but never finished becasue work (boo hiss).

What are you seeing about Daisy that I am not? That one post I quoted earlier, about Neon and Dennis ... that keeps poking at the back of my mind.
Daisy voted Sig kind of late in the day, but the votes between Neon and Sig were staying really close. I don’t think if they were a team, that there was any need for her to bus him, she could still have put her vote on Neon, or just conveniently missed the vote. I could be wrong, it’s just a gut feeling so far.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 102

Post by S~V~S »

I'm going to vote Daisy now, Neon sounds very sincere. Since this seems to be my windmill to tilt at, I presume Daisy will be back sometime before EOD, because I dislike voting for people not here to defend.

[VOTE: Daisy] aubergine

She's waffling all over the place.

Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:42 pm Why those 5 and not Mata, Mac or Daisy?
Because I think you 3 are town and I think the way you and Mata have spoken about me is reasonable

Daisy is just a vibe at this point.

I'm actually starting to doubt my Mata read by not enough to like want to kill

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:47 pm I'm going to vote Daisy now, Neon sounds very sincere. Since this seems to be my windmill to tilt at, I presume Daisy will be back sometime before EOD, because I dislike voting for people not here to defend.

Hmm. I don't like this.

ImageImage

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:47 pm I'm going to vote Daisy now, Neon sounds very sincere. Since this seems to be my windmill to tilt at, I presume Daisy will be back sometime before EOD, because I dislike voting for people not here to defend.

I’ll reread her, you are seeing something I missed if you’re voting there.
☆Princess Abigail☆

I have literally no town core this game

Everyone I TR is just a lean..

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matahari wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:46 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:10 pm @falcon45ca why would you think it’s hypocritical or gross? Trying to weigh all interpretations and all sides of a situation (basically overthinking) in order to be as fair as possible, doesn’t seem gross to me. Please explain what you think is gross?

If you're actually considering all sides of the situation and entertaining the legitimacy of them, then surely you must see how to town there's gonna be the appearance of hypocrisy
As of right now, I have as probable town: SVS, Dennis, Daisy, and I’m keeping Strings in this group for the time being, even without much info to go on. He’s new and I hope he gets enough time to enjoy playing.
Everyone else is just in a gray area right now. I don’t hardcore suspect anyone but not sure if anyone in this group is town either. I need to see more from them.
Yesterday, I did suspect Neon a bit, but I think maybe I’m just not used to her posting style, and I am trying to be fair. I want to wait a bit and try to see if I can understand her pov.
I also had doubts about Mac towards the end of day 1, but I could also see how a civ might change their mind and try to get people to ‘re-open the case’. I’ve done this before so I need to think on this some more.

Wilgy, Dennis, Mac, Six

And I already voted for Neon, but I'm not married to that. I felt good about her until the end of the day, and the way she went for Dennis overnight. I have to read her and Macs interactions. Also sig interactions, I started doing that this AM, but never finished becasue work (boo hiss).

What are you seeing about Daisy that I am not? That one post I quoted earlier, about Neon and Dennis ... that keeps poking at the back of my mind.
Daisy voted Sig kind of late in the day, but the votes between Neon and Sig were staying really close. I don’t think if they were a team, that there was any need for her to bus him, she could still have put her vote on Neon, or just conveniently missed the vote. I could be wrong, it’s just a gut feeling so far.
I just looked she voted @4 hours before EOD.

As I said, tilting at windmills, Don Quixote for the win. But her actual vote post, and her post setting her vote up for either Dennis or Neon, that feels more bad to me than Neons Wilgy Wagon with sig. Could be wrong.

Waiting for Daisy :)

@Neon, and you didn't like it when I voted for you, either, so :shrug: I just think those posts of hers look bad as all hell. Giving herself room to go either way. We have a day left in day, maybe she'll spank me and make me look like a fool.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:51 pm

Hmm. I don't like this.
you were the one who said to look at low posters. So I did.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:14 pm @Matahari I wanted to explain it in more detail but I got home from work yesterday and passed out and now have to go to work and am phone posting.

Essentially I read both sig and Neon as wolf off very early posts. You can see my issue with sig came more from his illogical push on me for suggesting I had a wolfread. Neon was because she just felt super uncomfortable entering the thread. I also don't think I was being very towny and her townread on me felt way overexaggerated.

I also thought they were trying to play mind games with me when sig accused me of pocketing Neon, I just felt like he was projecting the reality which was that Neon was pocketing me.

Instead of just dropping the Neon scumread I decided to townread her for bad reasons because I felt like if she was town it would make her sus of me. I directly plead with her to vote sig with me. Instead of being sus on me, she started to dismiss my reads (town on Dennis, scum on Sig) while maintaining that I was lock town. This felt irrational as town Neon tends to sheep me. Obviously her reaction to my request to vote sig now looks even worse.

She then did in fact vote him for something odd before unvoting pretty quick and moving away from focusing on sig until forced to at eod. I then baited them both again by dropping my Wilgy scumread.
Thank you for taking the time to do this, I understand a little better how you solve now.
☆Princess Abigail☆

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:53 pm

Wilgy, Dennis, Mac, Six

As I said, tilting at windmills, Don Quixote for the win. But her actual vote post, and her post setting her vote up for either Dennis or Neon, that feels more bad to me than Neons Wilgy Wagon with sig. Could be wrong.

@Neon, and you didn't like it when I voted for you, either, so :shrug: I just think those posts of hers look bad as all hell. Giving herself room to go either way. We have a day left in day, maybe she'll spank me and make me look like a fool.
I didn't like you when you voted for me but in talking to you I actually slowly shifted my world view to a TL because your flow of thoughts on me and the conviction you felt that I was behaving anti town felt real

I do not like this vote nor because you are voting someone I vibe read town but because you've chosen to move off me even as I've admitted intent to behave in an even more anti town master by self voting and giving up. I feel like you know I'm going to flip town and you don't want to be on three wagon of the towny that gave up because it will look better and you can say you were the first to realize that I was being honest with my emotions and use that to clear yourself.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:54 pm
Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:51 pm

Hmm. I don't like this.
you were the one who said to look at low posters. So I did.
Is not the vote I don't like

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Matahari It's really only those two posts. The one for sig, where she kinda shaded Neon a bit too, to possibly leave her room to move her vote safely should the thread allow later. And her last post, where she thinks theres "something" hinky about Neon v Dennis, but she doesn't quite recall what, in a multi quote post, again leaving room to go either way plausibly. Otherwise, they are pretty level and unassuming.

Super well crafted posts.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:00 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:53 pm

Wilgy, Dennis, Mac, Six

I didn't like you when you voted for me but in talking to you I actually slowly shifted my world view to a TL because your flow of thoughts on me and the conviction you felt that I was behaving anti town felt real

I do not like this vote nor because you are voting someone I vibe read town but because you've chosen to move off me even as I've admitted intent to behave in an even more anti town master by self voting and giving up. I feel like you know I'm going to flip town and you don't want to be on three wagon of the towny that gave up because it will look better and you can say you were the first to realize that I was being honest with my emotions and use that to clear yourself.
\
No, I prefer to vote for my strongest suspect. And right now it isn't you.

I don't think me moving my vote puts you in and danger of living lol.

I almost gave up today, I was stressed by this thread and spoke with Splints about it, but ultimately decided not to. Being stressed or unhappy in a thread that feels toxic to you isn't anti town, it's human.

Think of it like this; if I'm right, then we can both get the fuck out of here. And if we lynch you, listening to your frustration today, I don't think the game will end.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sorry, *yeet
☆Princess Abigail☆

This game is actually one of the few games I'm in that feels not stressful to me. I'm just... not having fun.

That's nobody's fault really it's my own. But not having fun atp has lead to me losing focus and my world state and understanding of the game is utterly garbage.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I wish we could hammer me lol

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:10 pm I wish we could hammer me lol
Well, if Daisy puts up a plausible defense, maybe I'll start suspecting you again and I'll move my vote back, since that appears to be what you want. I started rereading the EOD with the thought in mind that you and I almost never see eye to eye, and that it's NAI for us, and that made what happened more understandable for me.

And any part I had in 'not fun' I'm sorry, that's never my intent. I'm not always the best at reading the room.
☆Princess Abigail☆

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:15 pm
Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:10 pm I wish we could hammer me lol
Well, if Daisy puts up a plausible defense, maybe I'll start suspecting you again and I'll move my vote back, since that appears to be what you want. I started rereading the EOD with the thought in mind that you and I almost never see eye to eye, and that it's NAI for us, and that made what happened more understandable for me.

And any part I had in 'not fun' I'm sorry, that's never my intent. I'm not always the best at reading the room.
Nobody made this game not fun. This game has been very nice. It's rather been relaxing for me. I just haven't got what I've needed to feel like the overall game of mafia is fun for me again.

I don't want to die frankly. Every fibre of my being is telling me to fight like I always do. Get emotional, defend myself, fight for my life as town.

But I also don't think that benefits town. For the first time in my life I don't think fighting for my life is the good towny play to win the game.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

And I want to win. I almost need to win. I've lost so many games lately lol.

Anyways like...I think aside from vibes I don't think Daisy needed to stay on Sig.

Sure Daisy left outs but those outs presented themself and they were never taken. That doesn't feel W/W it feels like a towny who's unsure of their reads in perpetuity.

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:21 pm And I want to win. I almost need to win. I've lost so many games lately lol.

Anyways like...I think aside from vibes I don't think Daisy needed to stay on Sig.

Sure Daisy left outs but those outs presented themself and they were never taken. That doesn't feel W/W it feels like a towny who's unsure of their reads in perpetuity.
I totally could be wrong. I'm basing this on literally two twisty, waffly (imo) posts. But that's my game, I look for little things like that, I 've never been a player to do much analysis. And baddies are audacious :)

And I want you to get that win, too.

OK, dinner than reading in another thread.
SixStrings
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by SixStrings »

From what i understand trying to piece this together, We the town, killed Sig spearheaded by Kate. Then in the night cycle, Sig and his partner killed Kate. I most definitely would not kill my wife on my first day, since she brought me into the game. I signed up for this assuming i could watch her posts and figure out what is going on. Since you are trying to figure out if I am good or bad, I thought that would be important to add. Guess I'll have to watch Dennis now. Don"t let me down DenMan.

now I am to look for clues as to who i believe conspired with Sig. Correct?

Any constructive feedback to this post would be greatly appreciated!
☆Princess Abigail☆

SixStrings wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:36 pm From what i understand trying to piece this together, We the town, killed Sig spearheaded by Kate. Then in the night cycle, Sig and his partner killed Kate. I most definitely would not kill my wife on my first day, since she brought me into the game. I signed up for this assuming i could watch her posts and figure out what is going on. Since you are trying to figure out if I am good or bad, I thought that would be important to add. Guess I'll have to watch Dennis now. Don"t let me down DenMan.

This is very accurate yes. Please help analyze a much as you are able. Being able to clear you will be immensely helpful.

ImageImage

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 122

Post by DrWilgy »

SixStrings wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:36 pm From what i understand trying to piece this together, We the town, killed Sig spearheaded by Kate. Then in the night cycle, Sig and his partner killed Kate. I most definitely would not kill my wife on my first day, since she brought me into the game. I signed up for this assuming i could watch her posts and figure out what is going on. Since you are trying to figure out if I am good or bad, I thought that would be important to add. Guess I'll have to watch Dennis now. Don"t let me down DenMan.

1. I believe this, I don't think you'd yeet Kate.

2. Yes, now that we know Sig was a wolf, you may want to make associations with Sig based on this knowledge to find the teammate. If you are not fully in the know I would recommend viewing players in isolation as you may be able to better single out how they seem in relation to Sig.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:21 pm And I want to win. I almost need to win. I've lost so many games lately lol.

There are 4 players on your wagon right now.

I know you sus my slot, talk to me more about the other 3.

In your estimation, what are the odds your current wagon is pure?
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:46 pm

Current wagon? Like 50/50

Yesterday wagon like 20%

Who's on my wagon lol

ImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:48 pm

Current wagon? Like 50/50

Yesterday wagon like 20%

Who's on my wagon lol

Dennis, Wilgy & I.

And you
☆Princess Abigail☆

Voters: Neon, Dennis, falcon45ca, DrWilgy

I'm town

The rest of this wagon I sus to varying levels

I realize at this point I'm tunneled on Dennis and everyone thinks I'm wrong so I'm dropping that because at some point I have to accept that they are almost universally TR

That leaves you and Wilgy. I feel both of you have been more background noise against me. You're more outspoken than Wilgy at this point. I think both of you voted me with votes that I'd describe as opportunistic to a varying degree.

I don't remember anything from either of you that is damning but I also don't remember anything that makes me think ah yes this is towny.

ImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:51 pm

I'm town

I realize at this point I'm tunneled on Dennis and everyone thinks I'm wrong so I'm dropping that because at some point I have to accept that they are almost universally TR

That leaves you and Wilgy. I feel both of you have been more background noise against me. You're more outspoken than Wilgy at this point. I think both of you voted me with votes that I'd describe as opportunistic to a varying degree.

I don't remember anything from either of you that is damning but I also don't remember anything that makes me think ah yes this is towny.

If you're town, and I'm Maf, why do I go so hard in the paint against you when I just lost a teammate?
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:56 pm

I'm town

If you're town, and I'm Maf, why do I go so hard in the paint against you when I just lost a teammate?
Your back is against the wall. You can't stand idly by and wait for the game to flow its a rush river and you are one log trying to stop the flow. You can be wrong but look good for it and I'm the easiest target to be wrong about.

Frankly that's one thought process but I'm of 2 minds. Mind 2 is that the wolf is laying low picking off the easiest targets but letting others take the lead. Basically Wilgy lol.

I would do option 1 but I see the merits of option 2.

ImageImage

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:01 pm

I'm town

Your back is against the wall. You can't stand idly by and wait for the game to flow its a rush river and you are one log trying to stop the flow. You can be wrong but look good for it and I'm the easiest target to be wrong about.

Frankly that's one thought process but I'm of 2 minds. Mind 2 is that the wolf is laying low picking off the easiest targets but letting others take the lead. Basically Wilgy lol.

Hard pushing a town slot never looks good for Maf...or do you feel you've been THAT scummy that pushing you would be easy, and even neccessary, for Maf?
Dennis
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Dennis »

This game has been so relaxed but also so depressing wtf

I think I've been tunneling Neon but I really don't know how to stop. Like hoo man is this my fault

But on the other side I just see my PoE shrinking and shrinking and Neon is still in there. So I'm left to think if it's not Neon it's gotta be in the low posters because everyone who is active is just towny to me, but I think sig was trying to drag us into low posters at the start so I'm hesitant to really suspect them

If not I have been completely pwnd by the remaining wolf
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 122

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm still pretty sure that the Mac, Neon, Mata PoE is just game winning.

:shrug:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:21 pm
Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:01 pm

I'm town

Hard pushing a town slot never looks good for Maf...or do you feel you've been THAT scummy that pushing you would be easy, and even neccessary, for Maf?
I'm certainly an easy push to make and hand wave away frankly.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:16 pm I'm still pretty sure that the Mac, Neon, Mata PoE is just game winning.

:shrug:
I have varying degrees of town reads on all of these

ImageImage

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:16 am
Neon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 pm
Neon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:36 pm
Neon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:00 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:30 pm

Can you point out why you think so? Specific posts?
No.
Would be good though.
Yeah but I'd also have to go live in ISOs and I do not desire to do that.

I probably talked about it when it happened.

If I didn't than like *shrugs* sometimes I don't want to reveal my hand
It isn't helpful to town cohesiveness to be so vehemetly dismissive of a polite request without at least stating why.
*shrugs*
All righty then.

Look, Neon. I was trying to find common ground with you because I found you towny earlier; in my vote post, that's why I voted for sig, not you. But I found it hard to move past your joining sig on his last minute Wilgy Wagon attempt. I have more reasons for thinking many here are good rather than bad. I was hoping we could find some common ground., so i asked you why you townread the two people I am conflicted on.

I was hoping to understand your position, and also help to inform my own, not force you to do something you loathe.

I wish every game had only 11 people in it, lol. And that I know most of them well enough, and there isn't anyone I've never played with, it's so much easier to have actual opinions.

This is where I'm at,

Dennis- town
Dr Wigly- town
falcon45ca- lean town
MacDougall- Town
Matahari- leans someway, could be that I am always paranoid of Matahari. It's not that I disagreed with much of what she's said (and whether or not someone agrees with me isn't AI), it's that I don't particularly understand it. Like this vote post,
Matahari wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:09 pm I made a list of possible teammates while rereading the thread again, and Neon’s name came up more often than Sigs did. Well, she was on one more team than Sig. I’m going to put my vote on her for now, unless something major happens to change my mind.
[VOTE: Neon] aubergine
Neon- lean bad
SixStrings-lean town, but not for reasons of anything he's done. I doubt anyone busses their wife, who is their only teammate, in a game she loves, when they themselves are not very invested. This would not end well for him.
Spacedaisy-leans ???; very smooth well crafted posts. Daisy always feels level and even to me. I will say in rereading her, this felt very wiggly to me, almost as if she was positioning herself to justify a vote for either Neon or Dennis with this post, depending on how the thread played out.
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:06 pm
I feel like there was something between Neon and Dennis that felt off to me, but I can’t remember what. I’ll try to go back to find that after I get done working. I may or may not be back in today, Monday is the day I try to stuff in as much work as I can because it’s the last day of the pay period. I make no promises about my involvement in Tuesday afternoon.
I can see why it would make that impression, but no it was one of the two but I just couldn't remember what it is and I'll have to go back and even see if I can find it again or if it's just lost to deep recesses of my brain where lots of things get swallowed up, like remembering to get into the thread because I've foolishly chosen to play a game.
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:28 am
Neon wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:51 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:49 pm Why would he kill you? You are a necessary miselim?
Because I'm tunneled and I intentionally was trying to make it look like a tunnel I'd never leave to scare him into killing me.

Like Dennis is new. And alone now right.

Nobody is holding his hand telling him who to kill
I don't think Dennis would need his hand held, EXCEPT in the case of who was killed last night. I could 100% visualize Dennis with teammates killing Kate, since there would have been a group discussion around it. I am not so sure I see solo baddie Dennis NKing a Kate who is stalwartly defending him.
Mind meld. I was literally thinking why would Dennis kill Kate when she was defending him? That doesn't look to me like a solo Dennis kill. I think it actually is a better look for him being possible town.

Wilgy, Dennis, Mac, Six

:haha: I love that you call me well crafted and I can't recall what the other word is. You really are obsessing over nothing. I'm a stream of consciousness kind of poster. If I think it, I'm going to post it. If I don't post it, I might forget it. Case in point, I still haven't gone back to see if I can figure out what was niggling at me. It might not even have been anything, I literally can't remember. I don't know if you were around when my brain got sabotaged by my thyroid, but my memory is like swiss cheese these days, But I do love the idea that you think I'm that slick. Once I get done I will go back and look for that thing.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:08 pm Any half assed sig votes that stay there need to be viewed as just likely town given that any of them could have just as easily half assed voted for Neon and achieved significantly better results lol.

There is simply no need to bus.
Mind meld. I think the only vote on there I don't trust is Neon.
S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:02 pm @Matahari It's really only those two posts. The one for sig, where she kinda shaded Neon a bit too, to possibly leave her room to move her vote safely should the thread allow later. And her last post, where she thinks theres "something" hinky about Neon v Dennis, but she doesn't quite recall what, in a multi quote post, again leaving room to go either way plausibly. Otherwise, they are pretty level and unassuming.

If I was setting myself up to move my vote, why didn't I? This makes no sense. I never would have moved to neon because my biggest suspicion of Neon at the time was based on how sig would flip. Why would I vote Neon first? You have some conf bias going on, I have not been excessively waffling.

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:09 pm This game is actually one of the few games I'm in that feels not stressful to me. I'm just... not having fun.

That's nobody's fault really it's my own. But not having fun atp has lead to me losing focus and my world state and understanding of the game is utterly garbage.
Does it help to know I think you are a lovely human? :hugs:

Ok, I'm off to see whatever it was.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Muppet Babies - Day 1

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dennis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:01 pm

So do you think Mac is trying to discredit town leaders or do you think he's just arrived at this solve? Or are you going for the wombo combo where he's discrediting leaders, which involves pushing his partner, sig?

This last sentence has given too much ambiguity (is that the right word)
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:51 pm
Neon doesn't really believe the read because frankly the idea that she's in need of discrediting makes no sense.

Think about where her mindset was at prior to me outing my real read.

Mac lock town most obvious town in the game.

Aside from that she was doing very little aside from jokingly claiming mafia when pressured and voting you ... because she didn't agree with my read on you. Which isn't a good enough reason to vote but that's not my point.

She was not in a position where I would need to discredit her. The idea that I decided abruptly to switch my read on someone who, if I was mafia and they are town, I have them hoodwinked entirely, doesn't make sense as a move to be discrediting her... in actuality it doesn't make sense as a wolf move at all.

To clarify the reality, Neon tried to pocket me. I let them believe that it had worked so that I could make associative reads. If I did this to a town, me doing that is more in my town meta than scum meta and given Neon had me as so obvious town as to joke about how obvious I was, switching to scumreading me for something like this is not towny at all.

If you (Dennis) were suspicious enough for her to have been able to articulate a reason to suspect you beyond I disagree with Mac hence I'm voting, then I could humour she thinks I'm concerned that she will single handedly get you over, my wolf teammate Dennis. But you and I both know that we are not wolf teammates lol.
Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:31 am I can very easily articulate a reason why I believe Dennis is scum but would you actually listen? Or am I wasting my breath?

Kinda think I'm wasting my breath.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:56 am
I asked you why you were voting him before and you said it was because it's fun, and because you disagree with me.

Given I have already asked, why would you think I'd not be interested?

If you had a real reason, why didn't you say it when I asked the first time?
Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:09 am Right but I didn't think you actually wanted to know. And my vote was initially a pressure vote.

But see since than Dennis has gradually confirmed my suspicions.

I think Dennis' reads are weak. I don't think he actually believes them. I know Dennis is capable of articulate posts describing his PoV as town. I know Dennis is capable of reads with nuance. I've tried to get Dennis to expand and he's flat out refused or said he can't expand which feels fake to me. It feels like Dennis is flowing through the state of the thread and trying to blend in.

For instance his read on kate was weak and followed the general flow of the thread where Kate was being generally TRd.

His vote on me only came after the flow of the thread wrt me switched and multiple people who had been silent in my slot or flat out lying about their read on me started to sus me.

Further Dennis' memey personality helps vacant, flat. Kinda forced when he does do it but almost missing overall. Like I tend to meme less and post less gifs when I'm wolf because I'm aware that it draws undue attention to me and flat out pisses some people off.
Dennis wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:44 am Oh cool you do have reasons

I am never ever confident on D1 about my reads. They will always, and have always come off as hedgy or weak or whatever other synonyms I can't think of. I always feel like I need more time or more posts and I can't come to a conclusion quick so it bothers me when people tell me I'm being hedgy

My read on kate was weak because I'm scared of her lol. I mean yeah I believe I have a pretty good chance of being right but I know what she's capable of as wolf so I'm not full clearing her on D1. I guess what I should have said was "I'm not voting Kate today" or something like that but I for some reason feel like my opinion on Kate specifically had to be out there because of the whole "soul read" thing I think we have

I very rarely vote early in days and I even more rarely vote early D1. I don't know if I even have and my vote on you following thread state is probably a combination of following the people I trust, a sr on you and me thinking "I should probably vote soon". So I guess I am blending a little bit I don't exactly mean to

Shrug emoji to this one, all I can really say is I feel like my personality is showing through MUCH more than my wolf games if you look those through
Neon wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:22 pm Yeah I hate this
Ok I found it. Also, I had to read it multiple times because I was struggling to parse it and I'm wondering now if that wasn't why it was so niggly in my brain. I took it out of nesting so it was easier for me to sort through, mentally.

But I think what my gut reaction to it was that it didn't feel like an accurate description of Dennis. I had done that reading day 1 and when I read this it was like, this doesn't stick right, why doesn't it stick right? I think it just was really different than the impression I had of Dennis. I think I'm falling on the side of giving Dennis a town lean at the moment.

I'm still feeling town lean on Wilgy, I don't know about falcon. I feel pretty comfortable calling Mac town. All the moves look just like his normal civ game to me. Despite thinking SVS is wrong about me, I think her take on Dennis makes me feel like I could say town lean there also so who does that leave in my PoE?

falcon, Mata, Neon, sixstrings

Meh.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:36 am

No.
Would be good though.

It isn't helpful to town cohesiveness to be so vehemetly dismissive of a polite request without at least stating why.
*shrugs*
All righty then.

Look, Neon. I was trying to find common ground with you because I found you towny earlier; in my vote post, that's why I voted for sig, not you. But I found it hard to move past your joining sig on his last minute Wilgy Wagon attempt. I have more reasons for thinking many here are good rather than bad. I was hoping we could find some common ground., so i asked you why you townread the two people I am conflicted on.

I was hoping to understand your position, and also help to inform my own, not force you to do something you loathe.

I wish every game had only 11 people in it, lol. And that I know most of them well enough, and there isn't anyone I've never played with, it's so much easier to have actual opinions.

This is where I'm at,

Dennis- town
Dr Wigly- town
falcon45ca- lean town
MacDougall- Town
Matahari- leans someway, could be that I am always paranoid of Matahari. It's not that I disagreed with much of what she's said (and whether or not someone agrees with me isn't AI), it's that I don't particularly understand it. Like this vote post,
Matahari wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:09 pm I made a list of possible teammates while rereading the thread again, and Neon’s name came up more often than Sigs did. Well, she was on one more team than Sig. I’m going to put my vote on her for now, unless something major happens to change my mind.
Neon- lean bad
SixStrings-lean town, but not for reasons of anything he's done. I doubt anyone busses their wife, who is their only teammate, in a game she loves, when they themselves are not very invested. This would not end well for him.
Spacedaisy-leans ???; very smooth well crafted posts. Daisy always feels level and even to me. I will say in rereading her, this felt very wiggly to me, almost as if she was positioning herself to justify a vote for either Neon or Dennis with this post, depending on how the thread played out.
I feel like there was something between Neon and Dennis that felt off to me, but I can’t remember what. I’ll try to go back to find that after I get done working. I may or may not be back in today, Monday is the day I try to stuff in as much work as I can because it’s the last day of the pay period. I make no promises about my involvement in Tuesday afternoon.
I can see why it would make that impression, but no it was one of the two but I just couldn't remember what it is and I'll have to go back and even see if I can find it again or if it's just lost to deep recesses of my brain where lots of things get swallowed up, like remembering to get into the thread because I've foolishly chosen to play a game.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:49 pm Why would he kill you? You are a necessary miselim?
Because I'm tunneled and I intentionally was trying to make it look like a tunnel I'd never leave to scare him into killing me.

I don't think Dennis would need his hand held, EXCEPT in the case of who was killed last night. I could 100% visualize Dennis with teammates killing Kate, since there would have been a group discussion around it. I am not so sure I see solo baddie Dennis NKing a Kate who is stalwartly defending him.
Mind meld. I was literally thinking why would Dennis kill Kate when she was defending him? That doesn't look to me like a solo Dennis kill. I think it actually is a better look for him being possible town.

Wilgy, Dennis, Mac, Six

:haha: I love that you call me well crafted and I can't recall what the other word is. You really are obsessing over nothing. I'm a stream of consciousness kind of poster. If I think it, I'm going to post it. If I don't post it, I might forget it. Case in point, I still haven't gone back to see if I can figure out what was niggling at me. It might not even have been anything, I literally can't remember. I don't know if you were around when my brain got sabotaged by my thyroid, but my memory is like swiss cheese these days, But I do love the idea that you think I'm that slick. Once I get done I will go back and look for that thing.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:08 pm Any half assed sig votes that stay there need to be viewed as just likely town given that any of them could have just as easily half assed voted for Neon and achieved significantly better results lol.

S~V~S wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:02 pm @Matahari It's really only those two posts. The one for sig, where she kinda shaded Neon a bit too, to possibly leave her room to move her vote safely should the thread allow later. And her last post, where she thinks theres "something" hinky about Neon v Dennis, but she doesn't quite recall what, in a multi quote post, again leaving room to go either way plausibly. Otherwise, they are pretty level and unassuming.

If I was setting myself up to move my vote, why didn't I? This makes no sense. I never would have moved to neon because my biggest suspicion of Neon at the time was based on how sig would flip. Why would I vote Neon first? You have some conf bias going on, I have not been excessively waffling.

Neon wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:09 pm This game is actually one of the few games I'm in that feels not stressful to me. I'm just... not having fun.

Does it help to know I think you are a lovely human? :hugs:

It helps yeah

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, I pulled this out from the main post becasue this leads to a very specific point. THAT IS THE POINT. The fact that this is so well crafted and carefully worded, in a multiquote post that took some time to make, yet you had this thing in the back of your mind, that may have made a difference in your out look, and you didn't take the time to look it up? Knowing you likely would not be around?

I'm not sure I buy it. Plus you haven't been back since you posted that, so of course you didn't look it up yet.

And I'm not obsessing, lol. I'm not tunnelling yet, either.

I just think you wrote two posts that were very carefully worded to give you more flexibility to make opportunistic moves.
☆Princess Abigail☆

I've decided that the fact I'm universally scum read means I'm town.

I've decided that because I am town.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Hmm

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I want to like solve this game today but I hate doing isos

Send help.

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I'm gonna reply to this inline with Pedantic Pink becasue it's prolly closer to reality than Sarcastic Orange. I really miss that we don't really use inline colors anymore.

No.
Would be good though.

*shrugs*
All righty then.

This is where I'm at,

Dennis- town
Dr Wigly- town
falcon45ca- lean town
MacDougall- Town
Neon- lean bad

Reply here got sucked into the prior post. I think if there was something in the back of your mind that might be important, and you were, as you say, forgetful in general, you would go find it.

You list Six Strings as one of your POE. Do you also think he might, as a nub that prolly got cajoled and wheedled into this game, and had never played before, as a solo baddie, kill Kate Night One?

Wilgy, Dennis, Mac, Six

See prior post, I thought the point was important enough to pull it out.

Maybe you (and everyone else) need to reread her day yesterday. I think half of what she says is NAI, and the other half doesn't sound even remotely wolfy to me.

Because, based on your post times, you did not come back until about an hour before day ended. At that time, it was tied, you asked the hosts how ties were handled, and appear to have left again. The thread was jumping and making a major move like that would have looked supabad imo. Look how much suspish Neon took for it, and as one of the potential yeetees, it would have been understandable from her. So you didn't do it. Sig made a "thanks for nothing" post , and you were gone again. And I came into Day Two SURE Neon was bad, I changed my mind midday, after watching her post, so not sure how that would be "confbias" or whatever jargon. I think you have been waffling, not sure about 'excessively', but definitely waffling.

And it makes sense to me
:noble:

Return to “Previous Hustles”