70%

Total votes: 10
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Re: Season 10 Champs Practice Game [DAY 1]

Post by Seanzie »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:21 pm what differentiates lazy Nook as mafia vs lazy nook as town?

I’ve seen Nook more laid back and trolly as town more often than not.
Nook is trying to find an excuse to sheep someone to remove culpability for their actions, and again, they aren't actually being "laid back and trolly", they're taking pot shots.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

Idk I still think Nook thinking he's caught me on a setup slip has merit, it's not that wolfy
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:24 pm Idk I still think Nook thinking he's caught me on a setup slip has merit, it's not that wolfy
Cause I do those stupid semantic gotchas all the time as town and they're sometimes correct but not always
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Oh
Tutuu is voting Nook now?
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:24 pm Idk I still think Nook thinking he's caught me on a setup slip has merit, it's not that wolfy
I'm not like... writing home to tell my parents about how Nook is wolf, just stating that Nook's play is reasonably reminiscent of wofl!nook, and if I had to GTH a guess, I'd guess Nook is wolf. More concerned with flipping Aro though.

Anyways, goodnight.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:17 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:15 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:14 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:11 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:07 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:56 pm Obviously you think we're in protect but both the town roles there show up in another column too

Is this just tmi from mafia that didn't read the setup closely enough? Am I insane?
lolololol
I mean am I wrong, that's a slip isn't it?
I am just interested why you think its a scum slip and not a town slip? Why could I not be lying about my claim?
Why would that ever be a town slip from me? I didn't say "we are in protect because I'm a jailkeeper", I said "mafia has a jailkeeper" which implies I'm confident that mafia has a jailkeeper and only a jailkeeper. That would be a scum slip if mafia does, in fact, have a jailkeeper. If I only said "I think we are in the protect setup where mafia has a jailkeeper" then yeah it could imply I'm either a doctor or jailkeeper. But I didn't say that, because I'm an idiot and I don't think about wording before I open my mouth.
You really are new to Mafia arent you?
I'm not
And we're not doing the "town can't read the setup properly" thing
I lied, I knew the block setup was also a thing before the game started, like when I read the champs setup maybe a week ago, but i just completely forgot about it after that
No I am saying you are new to mafia for A) Claiming a pr before you are actually going over. you're not but you flinched way too early B) You keep interrupting to protect nook instead of letting him respond. Which is the reason I first scum read you and you didnt listen so it only makes you look scummier and scummier.

So either way I want to chop you more
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:27 pm
I'm not like... writing home to tell my parents about how Nook is wolf, just stating that Nook's play is reasonably reminiscent of wofl!nook, and if I had to GTH a guess, I'd guess Nook is wolf. More concerned with flipping Aro though.

Anyways, goodnight.
Fair enough, I guess we'll see eventually
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:27 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:17 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:15 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:14 pm

lolololol
I am just interested why you think its a scum slip and not a town slip? Why could I not be lying about my claim?
Why would that ever be a town slip from me? I didn't say "we are in protect because I'm a jailkeeper", I said "mafia has a jailkeeper" which implies I'm confident that mafia has a jailkeeper and only a jailkeeper. That would be a scum slip if mafia does, in fact, have a jailkeeper. If I only said "I think we are in the protect setup where mafia has a jailkeeper" then yeah it could imply I'm either a doctor or jailkeeper. But I didn't say that, because I'm an idiot and I don't think about wording before I open my mouth.
You really are new to Mafia arent you?
I'm not
And we're not doing the "town can't read the setup properly" thing
I lied, I knew the block setup was also a thing before the game started, like when I read the champs setup maybe a week ago, but i just completely forgot about it after that
No I am saying you are new to mafia for A) Claiming a pr before you are actually going over. you're not but you flinched way too early B) You keep interrupting to protect nook instead of letting him respond. Which is the reason I first scum read you and you didnt listen so it only makes you look scummier and scummier.

So either way I want to chop you more
Then why don't you just vote me? I'm still a wagon, you know.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Porscha wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:23 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:07 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:07 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME sorry daddy I dont actually expect my vote to stay on pyxxy

Probs still best to flip aro
Why do you want to flip a town slot by pinging a wolf?
Can you stop talking to me like I believe your perception is the unwaveringly correct answer to all of life's problems? Thanks.
A) No
B) Porscha wolf now
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Like at this rate I'm not going to self-resolve because only Aro completely believes my claim so far, and for all I know they could be mafia lol
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:56 pm Obviously you think we're in protect but both the town roles there show up in another column too

Is this just tmi from mafia that didn't read the setup closely enough? Am I insane?
lolololol
I think its more likely for mafia to not realize roles aren't unique than for town who looked at the setup to, yeah? "I didn't scroll" doesn't hold too much water to me given you have to scroll to see all of the track column (different formatting on their phone maybe, granted), like...yeah its possible but it just feels so much more likely to me that they slipped and tried to cover for it

Idk im open to arguments against it just looks like a slip to me 🤷‍♀️

I assume you are but I also believe you 100% zero doubt in my mind
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:24 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:21 pm what differentiates lazy Nook as mafia vs lazy nook as town?

Nook is trying to find an excuse to sheep someone to remove culpability for their actions, and again, they aren't actually being "laid back and trolly", they're taking pot shots.
So join me on nook instead of lucy who I town read atm?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:30 pm

lolololol
I think its more likely for mafia to not realize roles aren't unique than for town who looked at the setup to, yeah? "I didn't scroll" doesn't hold too much water to me given you have to scroll to see all of the track column (different formatting on their phone maybe, granted), like...yeah its possible but it just feels so much more likely to me that they slipped and tried to cover for it

I do not have to scroll to see the track setup lmao
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Porscha »

arogame123 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:15 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:07 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME sorry daddy I dont actually expect my vote to stay on pyxxy

Why is it best to flip me Porscha?

Would you not be open to what I have to say and whether or not that would change your mindset on my slot? I can’t control what happened in the past but can only go from here.

Would like to hear ur thoughts/response when u get the chance.
Yes I am 100% happy to hear you out. However, despite Lucy's role, I kind of just feel like it's a good idea to deal with the slot for purposes of voting / analysis, unless ... something changes.
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 91
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Post by arogame123 »

Hmm. I need to read more after the first couple of pages.

Bc I did feel some slight icky feeling with the sheeping of people on ur slot and I’ll look more into Nook/Porscha then. Because I do feel this game is kind of in mafia’s hands rn where they are laid back and following “town’s votes/pushes.”

I did dislike how Nook handled Wind tho a little bit bc misreading isn’t a slip lol.

So what do u make of Falcon’s sheep on you given it seemed to be a for a very random reason?
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Porscha »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:30 pm

Btw your lucy townread said she would never flip nook day 1
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

arogame123 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:11 pm

lolololol
I mean I could see how they misread it. But given their claim, I’m just going to wait out and see if there are any cc’s or not.

If not, then they’re prolly clear.
Eh, atm I'm confident enough they're mafia I'd rather nobody cc and we just kill them tbh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:31 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:30 pm

lolololol

I do not have to scroll to see the track setup lmao
I'd post a screenshot but I'm assuming that's not allowed, you don't have to take my word for it but my phone screen is large enough and the font size is small enough that exactly 5 columns show with the correct amount of spacing to the edges, which is why I didn't try to scroll at all.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:32 pm

lolololol
I mean I could see how they misread it. But given their claim, I’m just going to wait out and see if there are any cc’s or not.

Eh, atm I'm confident enough they're mafia I'd rather nobody cc and we just kill them tbh
Like I said, I'm OK flipping today
I can't act tonight anyway and I planned to be dead by D3 so it isn't gonna make much of a difference since chances are I'd be killed in the protect setup and blocked in the block setup
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

lolololol

Lol, given what u did to Alison in the anni game, I could believe that you’d want to do this based on ur prior thought but I believe it’s better to let it self resolve lol
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

I mean look. Im on mobile rn, and I can back up what wind is saying. It’s why I believe them and the way they described it is town genuinity to me rather than a mafia faking.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Screenshot from my phone show me yours @WindwardAway
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:20 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:17 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:15 pm
arogame123 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:13 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:11 pm
Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:11 pm [VOTE: arogame123] aubergine
Why Aro and not me?
Meh, at least it doesn’t kill a pr but still bad.
You, Nook and Wilgy are the only people on my mind right now. Your slot both has super high wolf equity, and also should give some spew, so your slot is not a bad chop.
Can u explain Wilgy for me?

And why Nook as well?

also, when I flip town, what “spew” does my slot give that will help you? I’d be interested to hear how it changes ur view of the game.
I don't know how it will change my view, but Lucy was a hot topic of conversation, and I'm sure there is some info that one could gleam after knowing your alignment from those conversations. I'm not going to do the work now, I actually am way over quota for today and need to not be playing mafia anymore today.

Wilgy has given me bad vibes, and someone had a take that resonated with me, but idr who anymore. I'd have to look, but see re: need to not be playing anymore today.

Nook is doing lazy wolf!Nook things, and their "is this not just a scumslip" looks wolfy af. They could still be town, but they strike me as wolf here.
Yawnze
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

I'm reasonably sure that if we are in the protect setup, the other town pr thinks I'm scum for tmi, and if we are in the block setup they just think I'm an idiot lol
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Porscha wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:32 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:30 pm

Btw your lucy townread said she would never flip nook day 1
So? Porscha + Nook up
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Porscha wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:23 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:07 pm

Why do you want to flip a town slot by pinging a wolf?
Can you stop talking to me like I believe your perception is the unwaveringly correct answer to all of life's problems? Thanks.
Get em queen

Yeah I never sheep as town, definitely not a hallmark of my gameplay
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:36 pm
Oh cool
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:38 pm
Oh cool
me too
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

arogame123 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:34 pm

lolololol

Lol, given what u did to Alison in the anni game, I could believe that you’d want to do this based on ur prior thought but I believe it’s better to let it self resolve lol
What did I do to alison in the anni game?

And naw it isn't gonna self resolve wwa isn't getting nked jf they're town lol
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 pm
Oh cool
me too
You do realise that all of the text below it is complete, right? Like that's not edited at all and it also gives no hint that I should be scrolling sideways.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

This is the absolute dumbest thing I have ever wasted posts on, btw

Oh cool
Ok this is distressingly reasonable

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 pm

lolololol

do you type the j on purpose or is that when you are speed typing and you just hit it accidentally?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Slips aren't real anyways wowee

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:44 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:41 pm

lolololol

do you type the j on purpose or is that when you are speed typing and you just hit it accidentally?
It's a typo I've made so many times my phone thinks it's a word
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

I have successfully distanced myself from you WWA, there is no chance they will find me now.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

oops wrong chat pls ignore
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:45 pm I have successfully distanced myself from you WWA, there is no chance they will find me now.
Gj gj

And I'm gonna shut up and go to sleep so that I actually have posts left before the end of the day instead of squandering them on screenshots and poorly executed role claims

Trying to think if there's anything else I wanna say in this post before signing off

I'm less suspicious of Aro than I was on Lucy, but I'm suspicious of them in a different way cause pocket paranoia. I guess I'll see how my read pans out later in the day.

I won't (or at least hope I won't) be awake this late tomorrow night so I'll probably miss deadline, which is why I do NOT want to postcap so early. I think I have like 15 posts left or something but I can compress most of whatever else I have to say by then into something longer than a one-liner by not quoting every single post that I'm replying to.

Still think seanzie and rondo are town, less sure on nanook but above a null rn. Meaning I need to look at other slots to see if this makes sense or to figure out where I'm going wrong.

[VOTE: pyxxy] aubergine

That was fun, back to sheeping mama porscha
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 102

Post by DrWilgy »

Seanzie wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:06 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:21 am OK, I'm actually tired AF this AM, so Imma sheep somebody w/ some sick a$$ reads...this somebody will be chosen by birthday.

Who's born in March?
My birthday was two days ago.
Oh shit. Happy belated birthday.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Would you describe my play so far similarly?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

@Seanzie, going through your ISO I noticed that you have suspicion on Me, Nook in current, but you also earlier had a suspicion on Kate.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think all 3 of us haven't read the game fully. Do you find that the thread is being generally townie and that would lead to yeeting the slankers?

Is the reason to hit Aerogame the same as it was for Lucy or did that evolve?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Further, I didn't observe any real reactions to anyone sussing Seanzie. This further makes me feel the tonal tr is correct, but if anyone has data contrary to this, please let me know.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:39 am I cant wait for wilgy to post so I can tinfoil him all game. That's my favorite
Should I be worried about this now or later?

Right out of the gate Porscha is filled with energy and appears to be having fun. I think that this aligns with town Porscha and the read that I saw critical thinking and solving within that thinking holds up.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:52 am
lucy wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:50 am nooks fine, towny even, and he won't be the d1 chop in my village
Tbf if literally anyone tried chopping nook day 1 I'd assume they were wolfing
Did Nook have any significant input at this point in the game?
Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Spacedaisy »

Guys, this community does not tolerate the kind of disrespectful and inappropriate behavior that went on here. As a staff we are working on figuring out ways to eliminate this kind of toxic behavior that sucks the fun out of games for everyone. remember that this is just a game, and no one gets paid to do this. If you lose, so what? If you win, so what? A win doesn't mean much if you treat others like garbage. Coming under suspicion or losing a game isn't an acceptable excuse to rage and call names and treat like they are worthless. We will not tolerate this.

Now, go have fun.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:23 am Guys, this community does not tolerate the kind of disrespectful and inappropriate behavior that went on here. As a staff we are working on figuring out ways to eliminate this kind of toxic behavior that sucks the fun out of games for everyone. remember that this is just a game, and no one gets paid to do this. If you lose, so what? If you win, so what? A win doesn't mean much if you treat others like garbage. Coming under suspicion or losing a game isn't an acceptable excuse to rage and call names and treat like they are worthless. We will not tolerate this.

Now, go have fun.
This is the scummiest post in the game. Clear appeal to authority

[VOTE: Space Daisy ] aubergine
for legal reasons SpaceDaisy cant do anything to me because she is in space
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:17 pm
Dennis wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:29 pm Just went through lucy ISO and I can see her as scum here

I don't think town lucy worries this much. There was also one one post where she said something like "since I am town and that means you are playing poorly" which pinged me because we... do not know your alignment. That's like the most basic part of mafia and I think Lucy knows we cannot just let her townlead D1 without a mech clear, and to call it bad play is icky icky

I never see neon/lucy being w/w, or tutuu/lucy being w/w

I'm really sorry if you're town Lucy, but I'm staying here for now
I dont have an issue with her trying to town lead without mech clear, and I've seen town lucy make the exact argument before of "ur wolf siding cuz you're wrong on my alignment" which actually often gets townread by other players who consider it "towny entitlement" but I see here that this never happened. I actually think lucy is thread spewed town here unless wilgy and rondo are at least 1 of her partners, or lucy attempted a bus on sabi that inadvertantly 180'd due to threadstate and was forcibly reversed.

But like I mentioned before. When this many players are scum reading a player, especially day 1... it means either:
1) lucy is now being bussed. Town must now find busses
2) lucy is town and wolves hopped on the train. Town must now find trains

Either way, we have some engines to find here fellas!
So far your ISO has been very insightful on the Lucy kerfuffle.

Because you say Lucy is townspewed at this point with the exception of the AFKs. Am I to think that the entire town was pro yeet Lucy, or was there a more exact large list you have in your head? Is it a feeling that the entire thread was all in on Lucy or was this a factual thing I can reference later?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:21 pm Wilgy how dare you not be caught up on thread :p
Dood this game is moving so fast that I couldn't even keep up with "in the now" reads and data absorption earlier when I first arrived.

I'm at least making some headway now.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”