Total votes: 9
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 287
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Game of Champions 2022 D2

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:24 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:20 pm Why does mafia Rondo get into a slapfight with Mac and put himself at risk instead of just chilling and letting us vote out SVS or Seanzie or whoever?
Because Sean is mafia kp
Possible. And in that situation I don't think we can effectively leash his shot. We can say "shoot SVS or you're an outed mafia", and he'll just shrug, shoot Mac or myself, and be outed, not like it changes his situation.

Also you and Mac were kinda right that the Seanzie wagon comp is so much purer than SVS'.

Ok, ignore what I said a post ago, I think Seanzie might be correct now.

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 937

Post by Dyslexicon »

Kate wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:26 pmShe said vanilla WITH AN ABILITY. That's not what I said. The second part of her claim reminded me of that specific game that I literally just explained.
I know that is not what you said, and that is exactly my worry. In fact, you said you hated having no abilities.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1220

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:00 pm But I also liked mac's wagon analysis that suggests she could be an easy wrong push here so idk
Mac's wagon analysis inherently makes assumptions that I don't think are great ones. There might not be high trust in the people on the SVS wagon but, besides Alison, they are all people who know SVS relatively well and who are good townies when town.

From my perspective that wasn't influential, I think Mac is just not vibing that SVS feels 'caught' but imo if SVS feels 'caught' she's town.

I am paranoid about my own SVS read here because she is sneaky good and I don't wanna be wrong but... I'm feeling good about my vote being there.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 391
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: seanzie] aubergine
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:26 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:23 pm Kate has done absolutely nothing all day. Like take a look at her ISO. She has contributed nothing townie the entirety of D2 and frankly the entirety of D1 as well. She is coasting by on being toneread as town by someone that knows her D1.

I don't want to vote her out today because I have bigger fish to fry. But please pay attention to her tomorrow, especially if you have KP.
There's some rather worrisome wordage around her claim. I want people to remember that and pay some attention.
I would be a waste of a lynch bc I'm civ but not a huge loss in terms of role. Plus as you mentioned, my game is shit this game so far.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Oh lol I just realized Scotty and Kate are on the SVS wagon.

Not voting with those two if I can help it. Seanzie it is.
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 1027
Aka: Wow

Post by Party Crasher »

seanzie's wagon looks the purest to me but i'll let my team control our vote, i dont wanna be too controlling

-tutuu
Alison

Post by Alison »

I continue to be worried about HK and 112. They have somehow accrued 0 pressure - even when 112 was put into the POE nobody wanted to vote her - while doing absolutely fucking nothing. Even Kate has more pressure than them and she got hard shielded by Golden D1.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:28 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:00 pm But I also liked mac's wagon analysis that suggests she could be an easy wrong push here so idk
Mac's wagon analysis inherently makes assumptions that I don't think are great ones. There might not be high trust in the people on the SVS wagon but, besides Alison, they are all people who know SVS relatively well and who are good townies when town.

From my perspective that wasn't influential, I think Mac is just not vibing that SVS feels 'caught' but imo if SVS feels 'caught' she's town.

I am paranoid about my own SVS read here because she is sneaky good and I don't wanna be wrong but... I'm feeling good about my vote being there.
How can she be caught if she's town? I've never seen a nervous, frozen or caught civ svs.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Alison

Post by Alison »

If Sean is mafia KP I think we turbo Rondo

Timing of his big attention grabbing slapfight that tried to bait Mac into voting him when Seanzie was in danger would be much too suspicious
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:29 pm Oh lol I just realized Scotty and Kate are on the SVS wagon.

Kate voting SVS is from my perspective actually a good sign for SVS being a hit but I recognize that my perspective on Kate is very different from yours.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Kate wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:29 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:26 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:23 pm Kate has done absolutely nothing all day. Like take a look at her ISO. She has contributed nothing townie the entirety of D2 and frankly the entirety of D1 as well. She is coasting by on being toneread as town by someone that knows her D1.

I don't want to vote her out today because I have bigger fish to fry. But please pay attention to her tomorrow, especially if you have KP.
There's some rather worrisome wordage around her claim. I want people to remember that and pay some attention.
I would be a waste of a lynch bc I'm civ but not a huge loss in terms of role. Plus as you mentioned, my game is shit this game so far.
I haven't called your game shit. I'd encourage you to share more thoughts about the game though, whenever you have them. I understand you suspect SVS and town read Golden. Is there more?
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:32 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:29 pm Oh lol I just realized Scotty and Kate are on the SVS wagon.

Kate voting SVS is from my perspective actually a good sign for SVS being a hit but I recognize that my perspective on Kate is very different from yours.
That relies on Kate being town which I am really not convinced of. Frankly I am just refraining from tunnelling her because I recognize that other people who know her well think she is in her town meta and I'd rather pursue some level of cohesion and try to hammer out something consensus and orderly instead of tear off on my own to pursue my own desires. If it wasn't for that adamant shielding of her I would have her as bottom POE frankly.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:34 pm

That relies on Kate being town which I am really not convinced of. Frankly I am just refraining from tunnelling her because I recognize that other people who know her well think she is in her town meta and I'd rather pursue some level of cohesion and try to hammer out something consensus and orderly instead of tear off on my own to pursue my own desires. If it wasn't for that adamant shielding of her I would have her as bottom POE frankly.
I have a very nearly mechanical reason to believe kate is town but I don't want to go into it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Re: Game of Champions 2022 D1

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:23 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:17 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:28 pm oh also the mac/golden back and forth was an interesting read, i still have paranoia of golden as well, and michelle highlighted the below rask quote which i think is worth noting

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:44 am
Le petit poussin wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:28 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:27 pm @Alison if cape v, shoot scotty, if cape w, shoot radish?
cape v shoot golden imo
:charlieblackmon:
Genuine question: assuming I know that quote is out there, and I’m wolf, what do you think my reaction is to a proposed rask kill in wolfchat?
this is never a worthwhile argument ime. there's too many variables
No, I think there's value in the thought exercise. Because the assumption, I think, is 'golden would have been against it, but he would have been outvoted'.

Let me tell you what my response would be, then, since you're not keen on the thought experience.

I'd be fine with it. Rask didn't look committed to the read on me at all, and the reality of my Cape read is that I was damned to some people thinking I was wolf no matter what Cape flipped. It was either 'w/w pairing' or 'TMI'. No one was willing to listen and just take it as what it was - 'the case on Cape is shit'. Rask is just one of many people who don't have any experience of me who find it suspicious that I'll defend someone in that way. So my thoughts on that kill, I'm pretty sure, would be 'yeah, fine, whatever'. LPP made zero impression on me as a player on that day one.

Genuinely, did not know that post existed until people brought it up on day two. I mean, yes if I was a wolf, my teammates would have known. I'm just not sure why anyone would equate it to being reasonable motive for the kill.

(I'll add to that, I think that 'who did the person who just died suspect' is inherently bunk analysis, especially on day one.)
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer

Post by Party Crasher »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:36 pm

I have a very nearly mechanical reason to believe kate is town but I don't want to go into it
creature too?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yeah Kate's reentry today was super town Kate again so that momentary stress I was feeling is gone again.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Game of Champions 2022 D1

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:37 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:23 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:17 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:28 pm oh also the mac/golden back and forth was an interesting read, i still have paranoia of golden as well, and michelle highlighted the below rask quote which i think is worth noting

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:44 am
Le petit poussin wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:28 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:27 pm @Alison if cape v, shoot scotty, if cape w, shoot radish?
cape v shoot golden imo
Genuine question: assuming I know that quote is out there, and I’m wolf, what do you think my reaction is to a proposed rask kill in wolfchat?
this is never a worthwhile argument ime. there's too many variables
No, I think there's value in the thought exercise. Because the assumption, I think, is 'golden would have been against it, but he would have been outvoted'.

Let me tell you what my response would be, then, since you're not keen on the thought experience.

I'd be fine with it. Rask didn't look committed to the read on me at all, and the reality of my Cape read is that I was damned to some people thinking I was wolf no matter what Cape flipped. It was either 'w/w pairing' or 'TMI'. No one was willing to listen and just take it as what it was - 'the case on Cape is shit'. Rask is just one of many people who don't have any experience of me who find it suspicious that I'll defend someone in that way. So my thoughts on that kill, I'm pretty sure, would be 'yeah, fine, whatever'. LPP made zero impression on me as a player on that day one.

Genuinely, did not know that post existed until people brought it up on day two. I mean, yes if I was a wolf, my teammates would have known. I'm just not sure why anyone would equate it to being reasonable motive for the kill.

(I'll add to that, I think that 'who did the person who just died suspect' is inherently bunk analysis, especially on day one.)
okay
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Party Crasher wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:37 pm

creature too?
No thats just a read lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

A very very strong sign for SVS being a hit.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:41 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:35 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:28 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:28 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:57 pm All the people trying to make a Creature wagon a thing makes me think at least one of the wagons is a hit. Probably more than one.
Are you saying you find Creature town?
Yes.
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:28 pm yall creature is town lmao
Talk to me about your Creature TR if ya plz
I don't really know how to articulate it beyond he's doing all the Creaturey things Creature does as town. Throwing out seemingly random pushes and names and complaints, lots of complaints and waiting for things to happen while tossing in reactions on the sidelines. Those are things that sound kind of baseline wolfy without context but having played with Creature a lot it's happening in an organic way and does not look like he's forcing himself to post. Glancing at his iso I could be wrong and don't see particular things that really bolster my confidence here, so I'll lay off on strongly shielding him as I could be wrong but really do not think he's a priority when we have a handful of promising wagons atm.
@Party Crasher ftr
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alright I'll trust you then
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Kate wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:31 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:28 pm

How can she be caught if she's town? I've never seen a nervous, frozen or caught civ svs.
By the definition of 'caught' that is 'reacting to the wagon in ways that people find suspicious', which is what Mac is saying she feels townie for not doing.

Not by 'frozen' what actually feels like SVS is here. Or at least veeeeeery cautious.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:24 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:20 pm Why does mafia Rondo get into a slapfight with Mac and put himself at risk instead of just chilling and letting us vote out SVS or Seanzie or whoever?
Because Sean is mafia kp
pew pew!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Alison wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:30 pm I continue to be worried about HK and 112. They have somehow accrued 0 pressure - even when 112 was put into the POE nobody wanted to vote her - while doing absolutely fucking nothing. Even Kate has more pressure than them and she got hard shielded by Golden D1.
100% - if Seanzie is honest about using his vig shot for the good of the town, I'd be shooting one of those two.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:26 pm SVS, 112
Seanzie
Rondo

Is my vote preference, top being more preferred, bottom being less. Seanzie did fuck all with the space he was given so I'm not really inclined to shield him any more, but I would still vote SVS/112 over him.
I did plenty actually. I graded two classes worth of exams, did some drywall work, prepared a lecture, went for a run. I've been pro-adulting.

Oh, you meant like in the game? Yeah... then sure.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51

Post by 112 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:20 pm Friends, I adore your spirit but as with all things the only true path to victory is with love, not hate. We must suppress our hunger for chaos and replace it with a warm embrace. It is time to set aside our differences, to be tolerant and approach one another with care and concern for we are all united as one by this wonderful game and should celebrate our unity by playing firm, but fair, and important mindful of causing pain to your fellow mafia player.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If Sean lets the town control his vig kills but he's wolf, that's still advantageous. I don't understand the drive to kill Seanzie with immediacy when we have a known mechanical basis to test him.

For me, I'd reach a consensus on who Sean should shoot and policy elim him if he refused, given he's been asking the town all day who he should shoot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

At the end of the day if he's elimmed I'm fine with that I just don't get it when others, we have no known test angle.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:44 pm If Sean lets the town control his vig kills but he's wolf, that's still advantageous. I don't understand the drive to kill Seanzie with immediacy when we have a known mechanical basis to test him.

For me, I'd reach a consensus on who Sean should shoot and policy elim him if he refused, given he's been asking the town all day who he should shoot.
Not uhh... super keen on being leashed, but I will take suggestions.

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:50 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:44 pm If Sean lets the town control his vig kills but he's wolf, that's still advantageous. I don't understand the drive to kill Seanzie with immediacy when we have a known mechanical basis to test him.

SVS
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:50 pm Not uhh... super keen on being leashed.
Each to their own
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:52 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:50 pm

SVS
This is sort of weird in that at the moment if SVS isn't elimmed it seems likely that Sean wont' be around to make the shot lol.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I worry that if he is indeed mafia KP we're just kicking the can down the road for another day phase while he gets a free vig shot on Mac or me.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:54 pm
Each to their own
I almost did that =p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:55 pm
Each to their own
I almost did that =p
Even as I was writing it, I thought I'd be mindmelding with you lol.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:55 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:55 pm
Each to their own
I almost did that =p
Even as I was writing it, I thought I'd be mindmelding with you lol.
I feel seen!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Alison wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:54 pm

I worry that if he is indeed mafia KP we're just kicking the can down the road for another day phase while he gets a free vig shot on Mac or me.
Yeah, I guess that's the conuterpoint.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yeah. Another reason I think Sean is mafia is that he hasn't focused much on me at all, while usually he's very aware of me and likes to poke me. Hehe. That's very me-centric, but it's a thing
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer

Post by Party Crasher »

I HAVE A VIG SHOT TELL ME WHO TO SHOOT (BUT ONLY IF YOURE A TALL ANIME GIRL)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Party Crasher wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:57 pm I HAVE A VIG SHOT TELL ME WHO TO SHOOT (BUT ONLY IF YOURE A TALL ANIME GIRL)
I'm a short catboi does it count?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:57 pm

Yeah. Another reason I think Sean is mafia is that he hasn't focused much on me at all, while usually he's very aware of me and likes to poke me. Hehe. That's very me-centric, but it's a thing
Self-centricity is good solving, don't knock it.
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer

Post by Party Crasher »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:59 pm
Party Crasher wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:57 pm I HAVE A VIG SHOT TELL ME WHO TO SHOOT (BUT ONLY IF YOURE A TALL ANIME GIRL)
I'm a short catboi does it count?
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer

Post by Party Crasher »

ICHI NI SAN NYAAAAAAAAAAN

ARIGATO NYAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 630

Post by Porscha »

EnderWiggin wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:58 am I dislike that your reads list has literally got "Low hanging/low poster targets" as all your mafia picks.
That's not true he still mistakenly has me as town ;o
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

In all of my days climbing counters and shelves to reach things, alrering clothes, and getting mocked, never have I ever been so disappointed to be smol :/
No gun no life
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer

Post by Party Crasher »

PORSCHA PLAYING THE GAME

(THERE'S TOO MANY NEW POSTS APPEARING ON HER SCREEN AND SHE FEELS DIZZY AND FAINTS)
Party Crasher
Drug Dealer

Post by Party Crasher »

Porscha wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:17 pm
In all of my days climbing counters and shelves to reach things, alrering clothes, and getting mocked, never have I ever been so disappointed to be smol :/
No gun no life

OIII OIII OIII OIIII DONT CRYYY SMOLL SMOL TINY SHORT PORSCHA DONT CRY ONE DAY YOU'LL BE TALL ENOUGH TO REACH THE TOP OF THE SCREEN WITH YOUR MOUSE AND CLICK THE POLL TO VOTE FOR AN ACTUAL WOLF DONT CRYYY ITS OKAYYYY DWINK WOTS OF MILKKKK AND U GWOWWW
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 303

Post by Urist »

votecount

RondoDimBuckle
16%

Voters: Sloonei, falcon45ca, Urist, Seanzie, RondoDimBuckle, EnderWiggin

S~V~S
11%

Voters: Golden, sig, Scotty, Kate

Scotty
11%

Voters: hollowkatt, Creature, Marmot, Party Crasher

Seanzie
19%

Voters: nutella, Neon, Alison, Dyslexicon, Michelle, Lilypetal, MacDougall
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Party Crasher wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:17 pm PORSCHA PLAYING THE GAME

(THERE'S TOO MANY NEW POSTS APPEARING ON HER SCREEN AND SHE FEELS DIZZY AND FAINTS)
Yeah true tbh I just woke up and have to go to work to have a butthole day there
I'm not caught up

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”