Total votes: 3
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 2]

Post by dyachei »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:23 pm Bronana / Zack:

- First take on Gavial is that his posts didn't make any impression.
- Notes that Gavial seems to have a polarized meta but doesn't comment on it beyond that.
- Claims Gavial would get bussed hard if he was a wolf. ...For some reason, I dislike this comment. It looks TMI-ish to me, even though the actual wording is fine. I'll bring it up here for clarity.
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:17 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:03 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:02 pm If you believe Gavial is mafia, we should chop someone on his wagon right now. There will be mafia there if Gavial is mafia.
how does that work?
I came into this game gavial would get bussed hard if he's a wolf, based on how his meta has been described.

Plus any random grouping of five players has approximately a 75% chance of having at least one wolf, if my math is right.

Spoiler: show

1 - (13 / 17)^5 = 73.85% of at least one wolf

if you want to assume "I am town and I am not one of those five players" = 1 - (12 / 16)^5 = 76.3% of at least one wolf

There are some underlying assumptions about votes on a wagon being independent events which isn't really true, but whatever, close enough. Been awhile since I took any stats or probability courses though. Yes this a useless post a wolf could easily make, sue me. :werewolf:
- Immediately followed by asking Gavial... this. I'm going to quote this post as well, so I can check if other people see what I'm seeing. I get the impression these two posts are TMI on Gavial being a villager, even though the actual wording looks fine.
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:20 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:18 pm Why do I have 5 players voting me?
Not that I really care much anyway since I’m multi-balling and I’m only VT.
Just a shame people don’t like me that much.
dude what is this weaksauce

where's the seth that's like "these are the wolves BLAM these are the town BAM im a GOD sheep me" ?
I really think this is Zack talking to someone he knows is a villager and checking if he's going to damn himself further or not.

- Calls Gavial outright mafia after this.
- Dya is the other wolfread at the time.
- Claims he doesn't see the point of Dizzy treating Gavial like they did regardless of Gavial's alignment. It's a sentiment I actually share and it's a major reason why I townread Dizzy. That said, I'm not sure if Zack is the person who came out with this take first, and I also find it decently likely this could come from a wolf, so I'm not awarding him many townpoints for it.
- Bounces off Amy's wolfread on Gavial and agrees (and reiterates) that Gavial is playing nothing like his towngame.
- I ask about his take on Dizzy implying Dizzy isn't a wolf because of their odd treatment of Gavial. Zack responds to it, and the response is FINE, but he writes an addendum that "he's a little worried that people cleared Dizzy way too easily." I dislike this. It's hedgy, and it also reads like "I think this points to Dizzy being town (treatment of Gavial) but they also don't deserve an easy clear so don't actually call them locktown please." I didn't notice this on my first reading, but I think it's wolfy now, unless Dizzy is a wolf (I don't think wolf!Zack adds this comment if he was talking about his partner Dizzy rather than v!Dizzy; he can just rep a townread without consequence, boosting his teammate's position in the game).
- Claims Gavial is doing nothing.
- Claims Gavial and KZA are his top wolfreads when Nutella asks him about... dya. When it comes to Dya, Zack apparently has no idea anymore, since he posted a shrug emoji.
- Has no idea what KZA is even posting, which is something I actually vibed with back when I saw it. Could see this being W/W with KZA, though. It isn't actually calling KZA mafia, it's more like a sign of confusion/exasperation/whatever.
- Wonders about Arete potentially townreading Gavial.
- Asks SPF about potential bussers of Gavial. Noting here that SPF is actually saying she's 70% confident Gavial's mafia, not 100%. Basically preflipping Gavial as mafia here, assuming the question is even genuine.
- Keeps discussing how nonsensical KZA's treatment of Gavial is. It looks pretty decent in a vacuum since he's discussing a wolf's nonsensical posting. The fact he's following up on his prior suspicion is a good look, I don't see him visibly pushing on KZA, though. I'm noting the absence of concern over Gavial's alignment; he does ask Arete why they're potentially TRing Gavial (that's the implication of their singular "oh?" aimed at Arete) but doesn't follow it up with any behavioral change or anything.
- Votes Gavial despite discussing KZA's nonsensical treatment of Gavial for a while. ...Hm.

Overall, I have several points of concern. The treatment of Gavial looks decent overall, but there are several points where I suspect Zack has TMI on Gavial being a villager, particularly in the two posts I put in quotes. There's also the little interaction we had about his read on Dizzy @ Dizzy's treatment of Gavial, where it felt like he didn't want Dizzy to be too townread from it despite voicing the townlean himself. He also has a profound lack of interest in Gavial, particularly after it became clear Gavial was going to be yeeted day 1. He does question KZA a fair bit, but never pushes for KZA over Gavial. He seems surprisingly content about the state of affairs, neither committing to the Gavial yeet too hard (outside of quietly supporting it) nor trying to get KZA yeeted (though he did call KZA's train of thought incomprehensible).

I still think Zack could be town despite this. It's possible I misattributed signs of TMI to his posts there, particularly since I admit the language itself shouldn't be concerning. But I still get the impression that he's just mafia.
can you quote a post where you think zack is not excited about other people v reading dizzy? i must have missed this or something
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Amy »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:33 pm
Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:31 pm also, zack:

to what extent do wolves even have to bury me in a threadstate where a lot of loud villagers are scumreading me lol
shrug, this is just gonna go in circles and your question's underlying assumption that no wolves are currently pushing/suspecting you is likely not true if you're town?
i mean, let's see

3 votes on my wagon: chloe, vulgard, nutella. i feel good calling all these people villagers

throw in visor, i think he's probably town

spf i'm wavering on, c4 i'm less sure on but don't HATE his slot

off the bat that's somewhere between 4 and 6 villagers unless my reads are way worse this game than i'd realized

it doesn't need to be that ALL the people pushing me are town, but it sure feels like the most vocal ones are
hope you're having a good day
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

Day 4

bronana has been eliminated.

He was: Mega Awesome Town Who Got an A+ on Every Pop Quiz
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

i would like for someone to read my dya thing, since it seems to be pertinent
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:38 pm i would like for someone to read my dya thing, since it seems to be pertinent
I'll read it if you want
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

i mean, knock yourself out
sunbae
The Mark
Posts in topic: 278

Post by sunbae »

Yeah, I thought that one would throw you for a loop lol.

So the question now is: What have I been trying to do this game from your point of view? Do you feel I have been attempting to discern the alignment of players in this game or do you think I have been engaging in bad faith "arguments" that I know the answer to?

Read through my sequence with SPF and ask yourself "does Sunbae know SPF's alignment?"
Read through my discussions on Nutella and ask yourself "does Sunbae know Nutella's alignment?"
Read through my back on forth on Dya and with others about Dya and ask yourself "does Sunbae know Dya's alignment?"

You have expressed concern on me at multiple points this day and I have been very up front about telling you to explore them. Let's talk about my interactions with you: you think I've been trying to pocket you maybe. Have I attempted to do anything with that? Do you recall me trying to get you to follow me somewhere? To steer you in a direction? To get you off of one thing and onto another? To confuse your and make the game harder with regards to your reads on others?

I personally think the most likely explanation for my handling of you this game is "I just like working with you you and want to be on the same team, so after my initial villa read of you I just let you do your thing and engage you whenever our focuses overlap".

Do you think my view of the game state is flawed? In a strange way? It's certainly non-consensus way. So what am I trying to accomplish with this view of the game state if I'm a wolf? Am I trying to complicate matters? Push out of a poe that's correct? Setting up the end game pushes after the poe proves to be wrong?

I've tried to get you to explore the game from my pov and what I'm trying to accomplish so you can see that I make no sense as a wolf because I'm just out here vibing on my own and clearly have no agenda nor extra information. But I get it's hard to see sometimes from the outside. So walk through it with me.
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Marluxion wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:26 am also fwiw on dya i thought they were being towny on that page until P#1642
that post specifically rubs me exactly the same way their defense of themselves in reflections did
1642 isnt a dya post what are you talking about sir
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 am I'm going into this day with some non trivial suspicion towards Bronana and Alison.
can you talk about alison?
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

sunbae this is me acknowledging your post but i won't have time to dig into things for a few hours here

don't want to leave you hanging

(on that note, back in a bit)
sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

Understandable, have a nice day
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

i think the amy/dya dynamic makes more sense to me as w/v or v/v than as w/w

like one is a wolf and because of their usual dynamic in games is reluctant to really go after the other and so doesn't know wtf to do (this applies more to amy than dya)

or they're both town and right on each other

play seems weird as w/w
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:55 pm i think the amy/dya dynamic makes more sense to me as w/v or v/v than as w/w

like one is a wolf and because of their usual dynamic in games is reluctant to really go after the other and so doesn't know wtf to do (this applies more to amy than dya)

play seems weird as w/w
careful now, you're gonna upset the status quo on that read
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600

Post by nutella »

Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:38 pm i would like for someone to read my dya thing, since it seems to be pertinent
i read it, doesn't really sway me bc i view that sort of thing as more nai for dya but i could be wrong
bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:55 pm i think the amy/dya dynamic makes more sense to me as w/v or v/v than as w/w

play seems weird as w/w
so you think if one is a wolf it's more likely amy? correct me if im misreading
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Amy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:54 am [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

i guess?

i'm having misgivings about dya, not because of anything they've done but because everyone else seems SO certain that they're onto something that i wonder if i'm a dumbass for wanting to townread them

and that's the primary thing giving me pause about my alison read

but i think alison's playing a fairly underwhelming game if town and i still think the seth thing is weird

though c4 did still have a cromulent point about the w/w vs w/v thing... i think? i haven't reread the interactions in question

and i'm not going to tonight

this post is a mess probably but i probably shouldn't be awake given my recent sleeping troubles

sunbae
The Mark

Post by sunbae »

Hey Dya, I think you'd agree I've done a fair amount of attempting to figure out your alignment and stuff. Can you do me a favor and read up on c4 for me and tell me your thoughts? Like, not a "off the top of my head I think X" but after actually reading through their iso? I feel like that's a spot I've been calling town from gut reactions to posts and need an overview of again and could use some opinions. Plus, it would help having you branch out into other directions for a little bit for me.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

Amy, why is Visor town?

@dyachei Here:
bronana wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:29 am
Vulgard wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:20 am
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:08 pm gotta say if dizzy is a wolf i don't see the point of going to bat so vociferously for gavial like this, regardless of gavial's alignment
I don't see a point either, but can you walk me through your thought process?
at the time i was thinking a wolf would probably either bus to some degree or try to subtly steer the yeet elsewhere (if gav is a wolf), or encourage the wagon or at least not get in the way if he's town. Thinking about it now though I think it could make some sense as a TMI white knighting of a villager, or just some other kind of brazen play. Tangentially related, I'm a little worried that people cleared dizzy way too easily.
ImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

sunbae wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:00 pm Hey Dya, I think you'd agree I've done a fair amount of attempting to figure out your alignment and stuff. Can you do me a favor and read up on c4 for me and tell me your thoughts? Like, not a "off the top of my head I think X" but after actually reading through their iso? I feel like that's a spot I've been calling town from gut reactions to posts and need an overview of again and could use some opinions. Plus, it would help having you branch out into other directions for a little bit for me.
the thing that made c4 a villager to me was in his entrance he was NOTHING like Congress of Vienna, where he was easy to pick out as wolf by d1/d2.

I'll ISO for you but probably only after work and I'm here for another couple of hours.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:04 pm Amy, why is Visor town?

@dyachei Here:
bronana wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:29 am
Vulgard wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:20 am
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:08 pm gotta say if dizzy is a wolf i don't see the point of going to bat so vociferously for gavial like this, regardless of gavial's alignment
I don't see a point either, but can you walk me through your thought process?
at the time i was thinking a wolf would probably either bus to some degree or try to subtly steer the yeet elsewhere (if gav is a wolf), or encourage the wagon or at least not get in the way if he's town. Thinking about it now though I think it could make some sense as a TMI white knighting of a villager, or just some other kind of brazen play. Tangentially related, I'm a little worried that people cleared dizzy way too easily.
hmm I don't think those thoughts are mutually exclusive though. Let me see if I can explain it. I don't know that he has dizzy as definite town, but just likes one thing dizzy did. And he's rethinking it because it could be TMI or the like. So he's questioning himself too
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'm not claiming it's mutually exclusive, I'm claiming it's a backtrack so he doesn't accidentally clear someone / align himself with someone in the world where Dizzy is his wolf partner. I find it odd how he reaches the conclusion Dizzy is probably town then walks it back a bit once questioned. I didn't even suspect him for it (I just asked to hear his thought process), yet he walked it back in a way that looks instinctual.
ImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

[VOTE: alison] aubergine
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

I feel like usually I am the one who correctly wolfreads dya when other people think they're a villager, so this game where they're the most consensus suspect but I don't really think they're a wolf is bizarro land. Same applies to amy but to a lesser extent, I'm not sure how I feel about amy.

Am I so out of touch? No, it's the POE that is wrong

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

:keys:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

zack, did my vote on alison influence you to vote her right now? or was it independent of that?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:38 pm [VOTE: alison] aubergine
can you explain why you're voting alison?
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:40 pm zack, did my vote on alison influence you to vote her right now? or was it independent of that?
no, i didn't see it until I'd already posted

I am probably one of the most stubborn people around in terms of needing to come to reads on my own terms rather than sponging :grin:
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

alison/nutella/visor

thats the team and you're all wrong haha tinfoil go brrr
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

@outed wolf

can you expand on dya being "tonally flat"? not sure what you're seeing
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

@Alison pls come play

if you're town you're in that special poe position where your view of the game is important to hear about. do you wanna do the thing where you leave a legacy, we flip you, and if you're green we sheep your solve?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

nutella wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:49 pm @Alison pls come play

if you're town you're in that special poe position where your view of the game is important to hear about. do you wanna do the thing where you leave a legacy, we flip you, and if you're green we sheep your solve?
i, uh, hmm

weird post!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i need to figure out if there can be a world where dya is v and *both* amy and alison are wolves or if thats insane

bronana wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:50 pm

i, uh, hmm

weird post!
why? thats a thing she's into lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

just realized i swapped my vote to alison last night but never actually fixed it on the poll; doing so now

still not here
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

yeah alison and i are mafia teammates you got it good job bronana
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:51 pm yeah alison and i are mafia teammates you got it good job bronana
gee I wonder if this could be considered dismissive or not?
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

yeah dya amy and i are mafia teammates you got it good job nutella
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i'm going to speak into existence the fact that i've been considering an alison/dya wolf world just so that i can feel how ridiculous it sounds when i type it out
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

c4e5g3d5:

- Asks for ways to read Gavial.
- Claims Gavial is plain bad but ignoring him is "low-risk." I have no idea what he means by that.
- Puts Gavial at the bottom of his readlist. ...What? Where is the progression there? There are no other mentions of Gavial in his ISO beforehand, other than the ones I listed above. His top townread is also Sunbae (next to me), but he has absolutely no progression on this townread. He hadn't even said "sunbae town" beforehand in his ISO. I have no idea how he got there.
- Claims that Alison's treatment of Gavial is "irresponsible at best, hard agenda'd at worst" because she's "steering first, evaluating later." Okay, but... I didn't get that impression from her treatment of Gavial whatsoever. How was it agenda'd? She was literally just calling his stuff NAI. Not calling him mafia, not calling him town, but consistently claiming his behavior is NAI. That's not agenda, that's hardlining a nullread, which... I suppose there are some worlds in which you could consider that agenda, but maintaining a nullread on day 1, despite it being on a polarized player, doesn't feel like agenda to me. Maybe we have different ways of approaching the game, but this line of thinking from c4 strikes me as odd. I guess it's possible he's just tunneled, but.
- Implies in the next post about Gavial that he thinks Gavial is just mafia. He underlines the fact Gavial's partners can treat him in any way they want and that it wouldn't be consequential, and also claims there isn't any cred to be found for this pelt. I think this is a towny approach to Gavial, because it comes from the premise of a lack of TMI. I doubt a wolf wastes their time writing a post that says "anyone can be aligned with Gavial, also there's no cred for bussing him" when Gavial is going to flip town, rendering the entire post useless for agenda purposes. It looks more like a villager who genuinely thinks Gavial is a wolf and doesn't want wolves to get cred for bussing him or taking contrarian/surprising stances regarding him.
- Makes a preflip read that Alison is mafia and Dya is town if Gavial is a villager. The read is made based on a post by Gavial where he doesn't want people to push Alison and wants to push Dya. ...I have no idea why he's following Gavial's reads, since the post is basically sheeping Gavial's reads. He showed a mindset implying Gavial is mafia before, so why is he taking Gavial's reads seriously here? From c4's POV, Gavial's reads should be fake. He had just talked about the idea that people shouldn't consider anyone's treatment of Gavial "unaligning," clearly implying that c4 thinks Gavial is mafia. But here, just two posts later, he reads Gavial's posts and thinks "hmm, if town!Gavial doesn't want to push Alison but wants to push Dya, then Alison must be mafia and Dya must be town." It would make more sense if he said "if Gavial w then Alison w dya v," since that would at least be a logical connection given Gavial's post, but the way it is written, it makes no sense to me. I guess it could be a meme, but c4 doesn't treat it as such in any of his following posts and it's not obvious that it's a joke, so I'm taking it seriously. It's a completely wacky post to write if you think Gavial is mafia, which is the POV c4 had presented just two posts ago. It's indicative of c4's view of Gavial being inconsistent in a really weird way.
- Claims he's not going to push on dya unless Gavial flips green. ...But he had previously said that Gavial V = dya V. So how does this follow whatsoever? Also noting the fact he maintains the townreads on me and Sunbae, but never explains either. His only explanation is that we are "just town" which I find lacking.

Overall, c4 has an inconsistent POV on Gavial that leaves me utterly confused. The highlight of it is the post where he claims Gavial V means Alison W Dya V. He never corrects himself on this, never treats it like a joke, doesn't PHRASE it like a joke, so I assume he meant it. And if he meant it, it renders his progression on Gavial inconsistent. He had treated Gavial like a mafia member before that, but then he wrote a post where he took Gavial's reads seriously. It was when mafia!Gavial would be in antispew, and c4, who was apparently wolfreading Gavial very strongly to the point of suspecting Alison based on her treatment of him, should know this.

I don't know how to read that. It's a really weird mistake to make if you're a wolf, but I also don't see the progression if c4 is a villager. If I remove that post from the equation, c4's treatment of Gavial is ~fine, but that one post destabilizes things a bit.
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:54 pm i'm going to speak into existence the fact that i've been considering an alison/dya wolf world just so that i can feel how ridiculous it sounds when i type it out
i...really dont think thats a world lol

like i think dya can be v and alison w, but i still have trouble with what the full solve is then and have a hard time taking amy out even if dya v
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Wait, didn't you just support my Alison townread and wolfread Dya for opposing it? Why are you voting Alison now? And why are you pinging her if you currently think she's a wolf?
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:56 pm

Wait, didn't you just support my Alison townread and wolfread Dya for opposing it? Why are you voting Alison now? And why are you pinging her if you currently think she's a wolf?
i'm not voting her?

i want her to play the damn game

she's decently likely to be the chop today, so if she's town i want her legacy, and if she doesn't start giving her thoughts soon i will think more and more of her being a wolf
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Wait, sorry. That wasn't your vote. Disregard that.

Are you okay with her getting yeeted today considering you agreed with my points about her being town based off treatment of Gavial?
ImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:36 pm I'm not claiming it's mutually exclusive, I'm claiming it's a backtrack so he doesn't accidentally clear someone / align himself with someone in the world where Dizzy is his wolf partner. I find it odd how he reaches the conclusion Dizzy is probably town then walks it back a bit once questioned. I didn't even suspect him for it (I just asked to hear his thought process), yet he walked it back in a way that looks instinctual.
it wasn't a backtrack, once you asked me about it and i thought about it some more responding to you, i worried that my original comment was hasty and poorly thought out, and also worried dizzy was being cleared too easily.

really the whole game my opinion on dizzy has been "mmm maybe he's [alignment]" then later "eehhhh actually idk maybe he is [other alignment]" i don't know what to make of them :omg:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:01 pm Wait, sorry. That wasn't your vote. Disregard that.

Are you okay with her getting yeeted today considering you agreed with my points about her being town based off treatment of Gavial?
at the moment I would not hard oppose chopping alison. i think if i look past my hubris and my exact solve is wrong, she's very likely to be a wolf, and while i basically agreed with your assessment she's the one player outside my main solve that i have the least reason to townread. she hasn't really done much that's actively villagery, and the longer she doesn't post about her view of the game from her position in the poe, the longer i think she might just be a wolf avoiding saying much -- reminds me of bread mafia where i caught her and basically called her out for taking a long time to cook up a post

so, yes, at the moment amy is still my main preferred chop but i'm becoming more and more ok with flipping alison and possibly eating my words
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:54 pm i'm going to speak into existence the fact that i've been considering an alison/dya wolf world just so that i can feel how ridiculous it sounds when i type it out
idk about that, but i could see alison/amy as a world
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Let's take it from a different direction.

Who do you think is town, nutella?

And by the way, if I don't respond to someone that doesn't mean I'm not acknowledging their responses. It's a light game with a postcap and I'm trying to be mindful of it.
ImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 287

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Back
There were a good few walls that I looked at blankly for thirty seconds before reading the cliffs or the stuff about me and moving on
Someone tell me if they have one they want me to read badly
Ask nicely and I just might

Marl isn't the derpclear we need, but the derpclear we deserve.
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:56 am mildly townleans kza on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 68#p797968 due to the similarity of their posts to CoV. (i'd like c4 to expand on that a little bit, because i thought KZA was playing pretty distinctly from CoV, and it was part of the reason why i wolfread them on d1).
I remember in CoV there were one or two breaks in KZA's shitposting where he dropped semi-serious reads in an idgaf'y way that kinda looked like his first few posts here. That's pretty much it.
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:56 am asks if he should bother developing a read on KZA on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 31#p800131. agrees that KZA should be killed next on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 39#p800139. (why did c4 think this when he had KZA in his list of mild townleans earlier in the day?)
Didn't agree he should, don't see how you're getting that, just realized he would and saved myself the time.
Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:32 am @c4e5g3d5 You were making these weird a aA or something reads on day 1. I thought your later reads / readlist would make it obvious why you were doing that, but they didn't. What was up with that?
Not entirely sure what you're asking?

They were just readlists, like I said
And now I have other readlists so I don't really get what kinda followup were you looking for?
Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:40 am This is a really dumb thought, but what are the odds of more than one wolf having lower wim in this playerlist? (KZA was either wimless or terrible at wolfing. Or both.) I have no experience with most of the players here. Who would you consider the best / highest-WiM wolves on this playerlist?
Wanna say Alison Dizzy Zack or smth
Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:56 pm Overall, c4 has an inconsistent POV on Gavial that leaves me utterly confused. The highlight of it is the post where he claims Gavial V means Alison W Dya V. He never corrects himself on this, never treats it like a joke, doesn't PHRASE it like a joke, so I assume he meant it.
LOL
The joke was that Seth is always wrong.

But also read my sig

PoE is

Arete
Dizzy Visor
Amy dya

until I go back and make sure that Zack's actually spewed
Visor highly unlikely with how he's pushing Amy/dya

Waiting for spf's word vomit of an Alison case so that I can confbias the whole thing
Progression cases are bad.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i think i've probably come across as really defensive of alison this game, just because from a relative standpoint i don't explicitly wolfread her as much as other ppl have, and because i've genuinely tried to understand how her content could have come from a villager's pov

but internally i'm not really sold on it myself. i didn't really think she had tmi on gavial, but i think it's possible and i just interpreted some things wrong
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

I'm not really sold on Alison being mafia for reasons I've already stated. I'm also waiting for her to post today.
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Vulgard wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:10 pm Let's take it from a different direction.

Who do you think is town, nutella?

And by the way, if I don't respond to someone that doesn't mean I'm not acknowledging their responses. It's a light game with a postcap and I'm trying to be mindful of it.
strongest townreads are
chloe
you (vulgard)
sunbae (have had glimmers of paranoia here but weh)
spf (ditto)

lighter townreads are
visor/outed wolf (not really sure i can back this one up, maybe i'm pocketed by him pushing the amy/dya world, but general good vibes)
marl
c4
dizzy i guess? i think his gripes with bronana come from a real solving and uninformed perspective and also >rand likely to be correct
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

a i meant to put arete somewhere in there, probably below spf but above visor
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ftr my vote on alison is more exploratory than anything - i maintain some of the concerns that i've raised about dyachei, but i felt uncomfortable about the fact that if dyachei became a mod-confirmed villager right now, that i wouldn't really know where to go. i don't townread alison and most of her posts have been a giant "shrug" to me, so putting my vote there and seeing how it influenced the threadstate seemed more valuable to me than parking my vote on a player who i've reiterated my suspicions toward several times today

and im not saying that we live in this world, (and to be clear, i think that we DON'T), but for just a second, i want everyone here to consider a world where dyachei/alison are town v town. who are the wolves in that world? what does that world look like?

Return to “Previous Rackets”