Bye bye for now
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

sunbae wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:27 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:25 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:17 pmDid you read Congress of Vienna?
Not me thinking we were talking about book recommendations. :haha:
I've been reading The Blade Itself based on some recommendations if you're into high fantasy stuff. Pretty solid so far
Oh, thanks! I'm currently reading a local philosopher (Arne Næss), who's really cute and not dark in his thoughts. It's pretty refreshing. I'm not a very avid reader though, I must admit.

Especially when it comes to this mafia game. :omg:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Gavial wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 pmBye bye for now
Super scummy kill kill kill! :charlieblackmon:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Wait lol, Hally and SPF are voting what used to be a 4 post Gavial. LOL

@Hally @staypositivefriend I'm going to crush your dreams if any or both of you are mafia and I get to ever read this game. Terrible votes!
sunbae
The Mark
Posts in topic: 278

Post by sunbae »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 pm c4 had a lot of agenda'd posting and joking around in CoV, sunbae. Like a lot of it. It was easy to call him out as a wolf after the first wolf flipped.
Oh that's good to know, thanks. I'd definitely characterize his posting thus far as to the point and serious, so if the wolf game is more memeing and agenday then I'ma just roll with a town read for a while and reevaluate later. Appreciate it.

I uh, also am bad at reading spf btw. She scares me so I always end up untrusting :(
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Post by bronana »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:23 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:15 pm I doubt you've read any game where I was a wolf.
S2G1 because our rep was in it. But mainly general reputation.
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:15 pm Are you expecting me to reach out my hand like Odin and deliver a thunderously calm bolt of lightning at the entire wolf team? You made this read well before even the halfway point of d1. It just seems like BS.
No, I don't expect you to have already nuked the wolves by now. I don't expect Alison, Amy, Arete, dya, Dizzy, Seth, Hally, KZA, Marl, nut, Visor, spf or Tang to have done so either. Interestingly enough, I've locked none of them town.
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:15 pm is that notation at the bottom of your posts supposed to be the first letter for player's usernames in a readslist or something? It's confusing to read
Si
when did i say to lock me town? that's just dismissive snark that doesn't address what I actually said. I think most everyone has me as either neutral or only slightly town or slightly mafia and I haven't given anyone shit about it or said I'm not being townread enough or anything of that nature. If you'd simply expressed a light townread or a null read on me I wouldn't have said anything, it was the "but idk since it's zack" from someone who doesn't know me that set off alarms. If you read S2G1, fair enough I guess, though I have played nothing like that game and it was six years ago anyway.
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

sunbae wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:26 pm I did not read that game, no. I ... well ... how to say this. The amount of effort I want to put into this game is less than reading other games which hopefully doesn't come off as dismissive. I'd love to hear a tl;dr breakdown of the differences as that could help, but I just don't really wanna go read another game for our light game hangout fun time.

I thought Alison walking through a progression of: "People jumped on Nutella" -> "Nutella is a mischop wolves would love cause normally it'd be hard to get" -> "Wolves could be the ones pushing it then, let me look at the wagon" -> "Bronana was on the wagon and has posts that could look like an attempt to pocket Sunbae so that's the most likely wolf there" -> "Vote Bronana" is just a progression that's a step further than the early game throwaway stuff wolves typically do and instead shows a thought process of actively trying to figure out what's happening and who is doing it. Felt like wolves typically end up at "wolves pushing early wagon, let me vote someone on there, this vote looks the worst, done" instead of doing that extra step of finding which of the voters is doing other potentially wolfy things. People seem to not really agree with me there (either in principle or specifically with alison) so I'm backing off of it. I'm uh, pretty bad in my first experiences with people lol
shrug seems like a pretty simple read to have made, and part of her reasoning was that i called you and visor pillars of the town when I said nothing of the sort about visor.
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Expect a Tangy wall at some point, and thereafter I'll be around to interact with people. Probably this afternoon Pacific time.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 324
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:35 pm
sunbae wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:26 pm I did not read that game, no. I ... well ... how to say this. The amount of effort I want to put into this game is less than reading other games which hopefully doesn't come off as dismissive. I'd love to hear a tl;dr breakdown of the differences as that could help, but I just don't really wanna go read another game for our light game hangout fun time.

I thought Alison walking through a progression of: "People jumped on Nutella" -> "Nutella is a mischop wolves would love cause normally it'd be hard to get" -> "Wolves could be the ones pushing it then, let me look at the wagon" -> "Bronana was on the wagon and has posts that could look like an attempt to pocket Sunbae so that's the most likely wolf there" -> "Vote Bronana" is just a progression that's a step further than the early game throwaway stuff wolves typically do and instead shows a thought process of actively trying to figure out what's happening and who is doing it. Felt like wolves typically end up at "wolves pushing early wagon, let me vote someone on there, this vote looks the worst, done" instead of doing that extra step of finding which of the voters is doing other potentially wolfy things. People seem to not really agree with me there (either in principle or specifically with alison) so I'm backing off of it. I'm uh, pretty bad in my first experiences with people lol
shrug seems like a pretty simple read to have made, and part of her reasoning was that i called you and visor pillars of the town when I said nothing of the sort about visor.
didnt you say that everyone voting nutella was a pillar of the town or something?
Amy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 291
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Amy »

my ultimatum has not been met

firing orbital cannon

[VOTE: Gavial] aubergine
hope you're having a good day
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

bronana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:11 pm spf I know exactly what you mean about taking issue with hally's presentation of that read while simultaneously believing amy was villagy. I don't think it actually means much (if anything) about hally's alignment though, and nutella hopping on like "yes perspective slip" and voting them made me go :disappoint:

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine

bronana/amy/sunbae/spf

the four pillars of the village

:knight3:

@ dya

-----

seth seems nothing like the games i played with him when he was town. when he's mafia does he really just average 2 words per post and do nothing like this?
sunbae
The Mark
Posts in topic: 278

Post by sunbae »

Bronana, I suppose. It's just the type of progression/process that really clicks with me cause it's how I think about things too a lot of the time. I'm hoping that as the game progresses that feeling just strengthens but I'll give the read some time/space.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:42 pm
bronana wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:11 pm spf I know exactly what you mean about taking issue with hally's presentation of that read while simultaneously believing amy was villagy. I don't think it actually means much (if anything) about hally's alignment though, and nutella hopping on like "yes perspective slip" and voting them made me go :disappoint:

bronana/amy/sunbae/spf

@ dya

-----

seth seems nothing like the games i played with him when he was town. when he's mafia does he really just average 2 words per post and do nothing like this?
my bad, I think I just assumed nl would be in it

is...is that really gavial's meta?
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 287

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:33 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:15 pm I doubt you've read any game where I was a wolf.
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:15 pm Are you expecting me to reach out my hand like Odin and deliver a thunderously calm bolt of lightning at the entire wolf team? You made this read well before even the halfway point of d1. It just seems like BS.
No, I don't expect you to have already nuked the wolves by now. I don't expect Alison, Amy, Arete, dya, Dizzy, Seth, Hally, KZA, Marl, nut, Visor, spf or Tang to have done so either. Interestingly enough, I've locked none of them town.
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:15 pm is that notation at the bottom of your posts supposed to be the first letter for player's usernames in a readslist or something? It's confusing to read
Si
when did i say to lock me town? that's just dismissive snark that doesn't address what I actually said. I think most everyone has me as either neutral or only slightly town or slightly mafia and I haven't given anyone shit about it or said I'm not being townread enough or anything of that nature. If you'd simply expressed a light townread or a null read on me I wouldn't have said anything, it was the "but idk since it's zack" from someone who doesn't know me that set off alarms. If you read S2G1, fair enough I guess, though I have played nothing like that game and it was six years ago anyway.
Fair, but then I don't get wtf the thunderbolt thing has to do with anything.

You have a surface level open/proactive presence that's vaguely towny but that a good wolf could almost certainly recreate. Not the "I have a very particular set of skills" variety, just a level 0 "do thing as town therefore do thing as wolf" thing that just takes a little skill and experience to navigate. Guess what I've heard you have?
Spoiler: show
Progression cases are bad.
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:44 pm

bronana/amy/sunbae/spf

@ dya

-----

my vote was crossposted with sunbae and visor's, i didn't even realize they'd voted nutella when I made that post

and i dunno but that's what he's doing in this game and people have said his meta is polarized :noble:
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:45 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:33 pm
Si
Fair, but then I don't get wtf the thunderbolt thing has to do with anything.

You have a surface level open/proactive presence that's vaguely towny but that a good wolf could almost certainly recreate. Not the "I have a very particular set of skills" variety, just a level 0 "do thing as town therefore do thing as wolf" thing that just takes a little skill and experience to navigate. Guess what I've heard you have?
that's a fair read, sure

the last game I played on the syndicate someone (that I barely knew and was playing under a different name than the one I knew regardless) made a huge deal and pushed me early d1 because they had absurd expectations for me. the last game i played on mu a wolf who didn't know me latched onto "i thought he was towny but if he's an experienced player then he's actually wolfy" all game.

:keys:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600

Post by nutella »

liking vulgard a lot and c4 solving now. letting the stuff theyve both talked about regarding spf marinate a bit.

Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:26 am i was going to reread everything since vulgard's entrance before i went to bed

operative word being "was"

inclined to buy vulgard being a villager for lame "yeah those posts look pretty good" reasons

inclined to want to wait and see on marl. think vulgard is probably clearing him too easily for the sunbae thing but will admit to not knowing him quite as well.

404 arete read not found, ask again later

tired
this post is a big ol mindmeld
vulgard looks great but i'm not sure on marl or arete still
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:40 am I offer myself up as the D1 chop. This is a scummy, pre planned post.

I will not be doing my homework. I will be late for every class. I could very well be scum doing this, slank hard and ask to be chopped. Just bad play overall. You're all within your full rights to vote me. D1 reads can be unsure, but if all else fails, vote me.
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:44 am Game full of champs players and try hards. That's cool, I respect that. Go for it. But I'm a rebel now. I don't want to do this anymore. THE UNIVERSITY IS A LIE. They all want us to turn out to be the exact same person: Masochistic mafia players in an never ending spiral of SUFFERING.

If I'm already suffering, they can't take anything away from me!

I'm a good default chop. Just remember that for later.
lmao smh

(dizzy prob town?)
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:56 am Some thoughts:

I think it's weird sunbae kind of put me in the category of not having fun because I was? I mean, I joined this game to chill with friends and that's what I was doing until my playstyle was attacked. ngl that put me in a bit of a mood but I was relaxed and joking around before that. so it's really weird to me it didn't come across that way. in the org game I really didn't want to be there at all (wolfing against zack and visor and amy and sunbae is intimidating af) but I'm excited to play this game

Alison's post wasn't super great - where she basically accused people of trying to get an easy mis-elim on nutella. Not necessarily because it's within the first 3 hours, but because it feels like TMI on nut. But lets say I'm wrong there...she still left the thread shortly after with no other insight. The alison i know usually has other thoughts on the game.

I think tangy felt pure to me (and yes, hi, tangy. I don't think we've played together before). Not willing to lock her in or anything because ffs it's early d1 but probably against voting there today.

I kind of like amy's approach to the game so far, too. Just feels like she's actually trying to discern alignments.
these are decent thoughts tbh, but don't think the post overall is ai
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:15 am
Tangrowth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:18 pm Does someone want to talk to me about how to find spf as town (or scum, for that matter)? I saw her play in some of Jay's games I spectated but beyond that I'm at a loss for what she's said so far, it was... thorough. But I don't think I'd call spf a town read or anything.
The best way I can describe it is

As town, she thinks
As wolf, she writes

In her wolf posts, there's some sense of architecture to the ideas, and she writes for show a lot. As town she plays by discovery, and her posts make it obvious she's thinking out loud. She's one of the easiest reads out there if you know what you're doing.
outed wolf wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:53 pm You think this a couple hours into D1?
Amy wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:54 pm you think the wolves are trying to shove through a cheap misdunk... 3 hours into a 48 hour d1?
Welcome to Alison
This is a thing that'll happen, don't mind it for now.

-----

Caught up, strongest reads off of memory are sunbae and Vulgard always town
Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:24 am Okay, what I thought was a tell isn't actually a tell. And SPF in the ISO you just gave me is poking fun at me through time and space for it. She wrote a post there at one point that basically nullifies the chance the thing I thought about is a tell for her.

TL;DR there's no tell and there never has been. I can't clear SPF on it and neither can I wolfread her going in the opposite direction. At least not based on it.

Thanks.
uhh i have these posts about spf saved in multi quote but don't think i have anything to say just acknowledging them and looking for more from her going forward
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:30 pm c4 seems much different that CoV. They aren't fucking around as much as they did there
agree with this, now that he's giving reads and stuff he looks good
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:25 pm
Hally wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:28 pm vulgard seems like a villager
Hally why was your entrance bad and scummy? Yes, that is scummy AND bad.
lol nice

so atm i'm looking for more from hally, arete, and spf (and still assessing dya as well, am agreeing with their thoughts but i don't think i should take that as necessarily a good sign)

gavial... is prob a wolf lol [VOTE: gavial] aubergine
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh I meant to talk about kza, I probably exaggerated that town read a bit since he hasn't done much but the few content-ish posts i saw from him felt good to me. he gave a couple original thoughts/reads and has that classic kza vibe of independence/doing his own thing but still showing interest in the game so far -- like it just doesn't *feel* to me like he randed wolf if that's worth anything
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

various catch-up stuff:

@Vulgard - regarding https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 00#p797367, you need to re-read the beginning of the thread again. a lot of the stuff you said was factually inaccurate and i suspect that it's because you were rushing through the thread in your catch-up. i did not townread hally - i actually threw shade on hally early on, and i'm confused at how you missed that early exchange between us. i think that you're town though, and it's primarily because of your progression on me. if you were a wolf and you wanted to make up a reason to justify your suspicion toward me, there would be a lot of easier avenues to that destination than to pontificate about my meta for a page or two and then conclude that you were incorrect all along. if you wanted to pocket me or get in my good graces, there are also easier ways to do that than the paranoid, uncertain attitude you've shown toward me within the last couple of pages. it comes off like you are genuinely trying to consider my alignment, and that's a feeling that is reflected in most of the posts i've seen from you (ie: your read on hally)

marl isn't out of his wolfrange, but his string of posts while catching up w/the thread are fine. i like the meta that he outed on me and his consideration of hally's alignment felt authentic. he's on the trajectory for me to end up townreading him, even if i'm not fully there yet

i like arete outing a highly specific thought about why vulgard is a villager, but presenting it as an "unethical" read and playing up whether or not it should be outed. it seems like arete/vulgard have a lot of familiarity w/each other, and i get the impression that arete as a wolf would be more interested in trying to get vulgard to townread ~them~ instead of coming up with a highly specific reason for why vulgard might be a villager, and then ~not~ outing it (initially, at least). i have some mild reservations about arete but they've been trending upward for me overall

c4's posts got more villagery

i have a little bit of concern about sunbae, but it's almost entirely tied up w/his read on me. his read on me seemed based on a misunderstanding of my progression on tangy, and when i explained that progression further (and seemingly clarified the issue), sunbae just said that he didn't knew if he "bought it", but what exactly is there to buy? sunbae's early impression of me feels fairly shallow, which is fine, but the fact that he followed up w/his read on me by effectively saying: "Fair Enough" while still maintaining his suspicions just kinda lacked the clear sense of consideration that i was expecting to see from him. i do think that the rest of his posts are ~generally villagery and the way that he monologued about his feelings toward nutella reminded me of a couple of moments in rock falls in particular
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:32 pm Wait lol, Hally and SPF are voting what used to be a 4 post Gavial. LOL

@Hally @staypositivefriend I'm going to crush your dreams if any or both of you are mafia and I get to ever read this game. Terrible votes!
he's mafia, though :P
staypositivefriend
Hitman

other misc stuff:

-i feel almost obligated to out a read on hally, but i'm honestly not sure what i think about them yet. i had some early concern w/the read they outed on amy and also a concern about their read on nutella coming from a place of TMI, but the rest of their posts are fine. there's nothing obviously alignment indicative about their posts in general and i'm kinda just in "wait and see" mode (this is also my current feeling about alison/dyachei/KZA/and zapp, to a lesser extent)

-i originally voted for gavial because he just felt uncomfortable. i had just gotten out of playing a game w/gavial where we were both villagers, and he was a huge source of energy in that game, and he was constantly trying to solve and bounce thoughts off of other people. his opening posts in this game felt meek in comparison - https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 87#p796787 felt like an attempt to blend in w/the vibe of the thread, and i couldn't tell if https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 8#p796658c was a joke post or a real read, but it felt equally stilted to me either way. his catch-up posts leave me feeling the same way

-i've come around to nutella most likely being a villager after thinking about it more

the rest of my thoughts are a little jumbled and i probably forgot to mention some stuff that's on my mind, so AMA
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:03 pm marl isn't out of his wolfrange, but his string of posts while catching up w/the thread are fine. i like the meta that he outed on me and his consideration of hally's alignment felt authentic. he's on the trajectory for me to end up townreading him, even if i'm not fully there yet

i like arete outing a highly specific thought about why vulgard is a villager, but presenting it as an "unethical" read and playing up whether or not it should be outed. it seems like arete/vulgard have a lot of familiarity w/each other, and i get the impression that arete as a wolf would be more interested in trying to get vulgard to townread ~them~ instead of coming up with a highly specific reason for why vulgard might be a villager, and then ~not~ outing it (initially, at least). i have some mild reservations about arete but they've been trending upward for me overall
i vibe with these thoughts in particular and think the trajectory of how you're sorting them looks good for you. sorry again for overreacting yesterday, i'm seeing more of what looks like genuine solving intention and hope it continues
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Don't have stamina for depth rn

KZA's play here reminds me of those five or so posts he made in CoV that weren't shitposts so that's nice I guess. Never seen him wolf.
Marl towny on ranges alone.
Apparently nut's a super easy read if you know her meta but I don't so the rest of you guys have fun with that. Slightest of leans because she seemed to unalign herself with a lot of people in that argument.
Visor did things that were fine and had takes that were fine.
spf got better. The godread should be fully baked by EoD so this one's pretty low stakes.
I'll wait until the promised wall to read Tang.
sunbae and Vulgard are just town.

sunbae
Vulgard

Marl
Arete

Zack
spf
Visor

Dizzy
KZA
nut

dya
Hally
Tang
Alison

Amy

Seth

[VOTE: Gavial] aubergine
Oh and lolZack if Seth's a wolf he spewed me hardcore.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:09 pm so AMA
when are you watching madoka
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

c4 is my placement on your list solely because you thought i overexplained that one read? help me help you
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:20 pm c4 is my placement on your list solely because you thought i overexplained that one read? help me help you
Yes
staypositivefriend
Hitman

nutella wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:12 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:03 pm marl isn't out of his wolfrange, but his string of posts while catching up w/the thread are fine. i like the meta that he outed on me and his consideration of hally's alignment felt authentic. he's on the trajectory for me to end up townreading him, even if i'm not fully there yet

i vibe with these thoughts in particular and think the trajectory of how you're sorting them looks good for you. sorry again for overreacting yesterday, i'm seeing more of what looks like genuine solving intention and hope it continues
nw it happens, i'm sorry for getting a bit curt with you as well. i'm leaning on us both just being villagers and that's a huge relief to me lol
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:21 pm
Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:20 pm c4 is my placement on your list solely because you thought i overexplained that one read? help me help you
Yes
welllllllllllllllllll big shrug then

i can tend towards verbose as both alignments - i largely haven't been this game, and it's mostly been a deliberate choice, but i'm sure that'll change at some point

obviously i don't expect you to take my word on that, the point of this post is p much just "i have seen and acknowledged your scumread on me and intend to simply change your mind about it"

===

i don't know if i wanna sort a full readslist quite yet, mostly because i'm still solidifying placements on a LOT of people. earlygame left me with a lot of "wait and see how this develops" reads and they're, uh, still developing

i will say that i have more potential wolves than i expected to and that i'd be more pressed to talk about them if we didn't also have gavial sitting Right There

lemme see what DO i wanna talk about rn

i think dizzy's entrance, objectionable as i find it from a pure "dude please just play the game you signed up for..." standpoint, felt villagery. i think KZA's entrance felt [DATA CORRUPTED] but i wanna see more before i focus too much on that

kinda just wanna mason with sunbae and see how it goes
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

catching up
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:40 am I offer myself up as the D1 chop. This is a scummy, pre planned post.

I will not be doing my homework. I will be late for every class. I could very well be scum doing this, slank hard and ask to be chopped. Just bad play overall. You're all within your full rights to vote me. D1 reads can be unsure, but if all else fails, vote me.

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:41 am "Wow scum would never do that, golly!"

You're wrong. I would. This is not a scum claim, since I'm town. But I might as well be.

And I won't be reading this game before like June anyway, so you won't get anything out of me.
I'm not really a fan of Dizzy being like 'I'm not going to play the game so you can kill me if you want,' I think a lot of this is just 'not wanting to lose to a wolf who doesn't play the game and asks to die but Dizzy asking to die kind of makes me want to policy them

I don't necessarily think it's wolfy but I'm having a hard time understanding why he would do this as a villager, like presumably regardless of his alignment he's doing this because he doesn't have time to play or something but it's not like he was magically teleported into the game with no ability to anticipate that it was going to happen
Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:24 am Okay, what I thought was a tell isn't actually a tell. And SPF in the ISO you just gave me is poking fun at me through time and space for it. She wrote a post there at one point that basically nullifies the chance the thing I thought about is a tell for her.

TL;DR there's no tell and there never has been. I can't clear SPF on it and neither can I wolfread her going in the opposite direction. At least not based on it.
this post was written by a villager
(this is a joke about how I read Vulgard, but also this post is pretty centrally within his village range)
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:40 am I feel like the best way I can describe Arete's play so far is "a towny FoLer".
what does this mean

I vaguely feel like I should be offended because I'm pretty sure the standard perception of FoLers is that we're mediocre players who don't take anything seriously but I'm also conscious of the fact that most of the people in this game are better than me 🙃
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:45 am
Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:43 am Also, what's that part at the end? "sV A AA" I've seen you use it more than once and I have no clue what you mean by that.
That's my ongoing readlist.

It's a terrible idea but nobody can stop me.
I kind of like the way c4 is building his readlist in the thread in each post like that, it feels like he's genuinely trying to sort people/solve the game, and the fact that it was extremely non-obvious what he was doing until Vulgard asked makes me think it's ?probably? less likely to be a wolf move doing it for towncred?
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:46 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:44 pm

bronana/amy/sunbae/spf

@ dya

-----

my vote was crossposted with sunbae and visor's, i didn't even realize they'd voted nutella when I made that post

and i dunno but that's what he's doing in this game and people have said his meta is polarized :noble:
To clarify when I say his meta is polarized I don't mean 'his wolf meta is lowposting' it's more 'when he's a wolf, he posts a lot of posts that suck in a specific and easily identifiable way, which is different from the way his posts are unpleasant to read as town'

I'm confused about his play here because he's basically not posting at all which is not what I expect as either alignment but his existing posts all suck so he's probably just a wolf? I'll have a better read on him by EoD probably.

https://forum.throneoflies.com/t/sfm-in ... wins/81726

https://forum.throneoflies.com/t/standa ... 2-16/82340

https://forum.throneoflies.com/t/wild-w ... -win/83518

here are some Seth wolfgames for reference (he is ChopChop)

my tinfoil read is that he's a wolf partnered with someone familiar with him and they were like 'yo Seth, whenever you wolf you're super obvwolf and spew your entire team, just don't post' but I don't think he would actually listen if someone says that because he perceives himself as a strong wolf

---

I have to go to class now, see you all later
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:18 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:09 pm so AMA
when are you watching madoka
at this rate? in a solid 5 to 10 years
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:28 pm
Yes

i can tend towards verbose as both alignments - i largely haven't been this game, and it's mostly been a deliberate choice, but i'm sure that'll change at some point

obviously i don't expect you to take my word on that, the point of this post is p much just "i have seen and acknowledged your scumread on me and intend to simply change your mind about it"
Noted

I probably wouldn't give half a shit under normal circumstances, but the content and context looked particularly worrying.
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:33 pm
Yes

Noted

I probably wouldn't give half a shit under normal circumstances, but the content and context looked particularly worrying.
elaborate?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

find it kind of weird that c4 has just brushed past my posts but has me low
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

@dyachei do you have hally thoughts
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:34 pm
Yes

Noted

elaborate?
Like I said, it looked like you were trying way too hard to signal to this crowd of people that know v!Amy that you were v!Amy.
dyachei wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:35 pm find it kind of weird that c4 has just brushed past my posts but has me low
Dw that's the nulls
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:40 pm @dyachei do you have hally thoughts
nope. hally is null for me rn

as they continue to post i get more sure of their alignment
Amy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Amy »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:40 pm
Amy wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:34 pm
Yes

Noted

elaborate?
Like I said, it looked like you were trying way too hard to signal to this crowd of people that know v!Amy that you were v!Amy.
visor has never townread an amy post longer than 3 sentences LMAO

noted @ dya
Marluxion
The Mark
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Marl

Post by Marluxion »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:01 pm sV A bD dHAA G
are you like randomly adding letters until you form a sentence and then we all go 'OHHHHHH' that's what he was saying
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Si
@Marluxion
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:03 pm @Vulgard - regarding https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 00#p797367, you need to re-read the beginning of the thread again. a lot of the stuff you said was factually inaccurate and i suspect that it's because you were rushing through the thread in your catch-up. i did not townread hally - i actually threw shade on hally early on, and i'm confused at how you missed that early exchange between us. i think that you're town though, and it's primarily because of your progression on me. if you were a wolf and you wanted to make up a reason to justify your suspicion toward me, there would be a lot of easier avenues to that destination than to pontificate about my meta for a page or two and then conclude that you were incorrect all along. if you wanted to pocket me or get in my good graces, there are also easier ways to do that than the paranoid, uncertain attitude you've shown toward me within the last couple of pages. it comes off like you are genuinely trying to consider my alignment, and that's a feeling that is reflected in most of the posts i've seen from you (ie: your read on hally)
I'll admit one thing here. I thought you townread Hally, because: At first you did question Hally, yes, but then they explained themselves. At that point you went like "fair enough" which I took as a townread. I didn't consider that townread warranted.

Aside from that. Despite you explaining it extensively in this post, I still don't understand how you townread me from your perspective. I made a factually incorrect push on you (from your presented perspective). Your response is to call me town for it because it looks genuine. What separates my push from agenda, especially if I got facts wrong? Don't wolves try to misconstrue the facts as part of their agenda? How can you tell whether I did it on purpose or not?

Basically, this post looks like a pocket/placating attempt to me. And yes, I've just called my push agenda because I'm not sure how SPF concluded I'm V. I'd expect most villagers I push for factually incorrect reasons to think I'm a wolf. Either that, or berate me for flimsy reasoning. I'm used to that as well. I'd expect SPF to wolfread me back or get suspicious of me if she's town.

This treatment feels... off.

SPF don't read:
Or maybe I'm not accustomed to being understood and I wolfread it on instinct.

I totally don't want SPF to just be town.
ImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:55 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:03 pm @Vulgard - regarding https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 00#p797367, you need to re-read the beginning of the thread again. a lot of the stuff you said was factually inaccurate and i suspect that it's because you were rushing through the thread in your catch-up. i did not townread hally - i actually threw shade on hally early on, and i'm confused at how you missed that early exchange between us. i think that you're town though, and it's primarily because of your progression on me. if you were a wolf and you wanted to make up a reason to justify your suspicion toward me, there would be a lot of easier avenues to that destination than to pontificate about my meta for a page or two and then conclude that you were incorrect all along. if you wanted to pocket me or get in my good graces, there are also easier ways to do that than the paranoid, uncertain attitude you've shown toward me within the last couple of pages. it comes off like you are genuinely trying to consider my alignment, and that's a feeling that is reflected in most of the posts i've seen from you (ie: your read on hally)
I'll admit one thing here. I thought you townread Hally, because: At first you did question Hally, yes, but then they explained themselves. At that point you went like "fair enough" which I took as a townread. I didn't consider that townread warranted.

Aside from that. Despite you explaining it extensively in this post, I still don't understand how you townread me from your perspective. I made a factually incorrect push on you (from your presented perspective). Your response is to call me town for it because it looks genuine. What separates my push from agenda, especially if I got facts wrong? Don't wolves try to misconstrue the facts as part of their agenda? How can you tell whether I did it on purpose or not?

Basically, this post looks like a pocket/placating attempt to me. And yes, I've just called my push agenda because I'm not sure how SPF concluded I'm V. I'd expect most villagers I push for factually incorrect reasons to think I'm a wolf. Either that, or berate me for flimsy reasoning. I'm used to that as well. I'd expect SPF to wolfread me back or get suspicious of me if she's town.

This treatment feels... off.

SPF don't read:
Or maybe I'm not accustomed to being understood and I wolfread it on instinct.

I totally don't want SPF to just be town.
your read on me being predicted on factually incorrect information is not alignment indicative. most wolves don't outright lie about their reasoning, and the way that you carried this internal attitude of: "SPF townread hally" throughout your posts implied to me that you genuinely thought that i townread them regardless of your alignment

i think that your push on me is genuine because it isn't really a push - you came into the game w/concerns about me and then spent several lengthy posts desperately trying to dig up previous meta to verify if your read on me was correct, only to then conclude that your entire pursuit was fruitless. wolves that try to push on me usually treat me in a static way - i am either Good or i'm Bad, whereas your read on me exists in this continuum of: "SPF might be a wolf but she also might be a villager, i don't know", and i find the consideration and the self-doubt believable. i also think that your approach to reading me, in general, has an extremely high level of effort for comparatively low payoff in a world where you are a wolf. why even bother going through the meta stuff as a wolf instead of just saying: "SPF is kind of scummy" and leaving it at that?

i am pocketing you, though ;)
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:54 pm
Si
@Marluxion
who's HAA
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arete wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:29 pmI'm not really a fan of Dizzy being like 'I'm not going to play the game so you can kill me if you want,' I think a lot of this is just 'not wanting to lose to a wolf who doesn't play the game and asks to die but Dizzy asking to die kind of makes me want to policy them

I don't necessarily think it's wolfy but I'm having a hard time understanding why he would do this as a villager, like presumably regardless of his alignment he's doing this because he doesn't have time to play or something but it's not like he was magically teleported into the game with no ability to anticipate that it was going to happen
Yes, I was! Jimmay is my uncle, and he forced me to take this class. It's so lame!
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

sorry dHAA
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, I'm playing the game. Just think of me as Nanook right now.
Marluxion
The Mark

Post by Marluxion »

Dyachei is tonally very similar to reflections but other than that not sure if i have much to read them on yet
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 250
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

Arete, do you have any reason to think c4 is town beyond the readlist thing?
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I HARD SHIELD GAVIAL.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Marluxion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:09 pmsorry dHAA
dya
Hally
Alison
Amy
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:13 pm I HARD SHIELD GAVIAL.
do you think his posts are town-indicative, or is this a meme

Return to “Previous Rackets”