Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 132

Re: Bird Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Timsup2nothin »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:36 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:34 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:32 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:30 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:15 pm Still don't think Wurzel is wolf here but meh
Wiml had no reason to defend a town Wurzel day one, and no reason to fight my take on Alison's read on Wurzel unless it was right.

There's a balance...Dusk is a one shot town vig, and the wolves have their own extra KP...Wurzel vigged Ender. Wiml D1 defended him so he could get the shot off. Now Wiml is mech busted and Wurzel is hard spewed so may as well try to bluster claim as town vig and throw it off, but X and X2 are gonna hard distance from that shit and probably bus.
Possible, but I'd like to see what Wiml's role ability is, what the visit to Herm was about
I'm kinda betting that it is gonna be clearing on Herm. Wiml was leaning heavy into a Herm push and clearly had no idea he was suss so I don't think he was distancing there.
I assume so as well, but I'd like to know. How balanced is it if the Maf have an extra kill, and have extra role ability? Bear in mind that they did not elect to use any of these extra abilities on the PR claim.
I still contend that there's no particular reason to expect the wolves to believe a Gavial PR claim. But I'm certainly not gonna shield that slot at this point either. Point of fact, I'm not doing much of anything here at this point.

Overnight, read Wiml day one for spew. Look especially for people supporting his "read" on Wurzel without good reasoning. "Yeah okay, Wiml knows Wurzel" type nonsense.

Kill Wurzel, and when he flips red kill anyone who resisted killing him, ever. That should do it, but if not, kill Nanook.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him//his
Aka: Wurzel

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

Creature wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:15 pm Still don't think Wurzel is wolf here but meh
Wiml had no reason to defend a town Wurzel day one, and no reason to fight my take on Alison's read on Wurzel unless it was right.

There's a balance...Dusk is a one shot town vig, and the wolves have their own extra KP...Wurzel vigged Ender. Wiml D1 defended him so he could get the shot off. Now Wiml is mech busted and Wurzel is hard spewed so may as well try to bluster claim as town vig and throw it off, but X and X2 are gonna hard distance from that shit and probably bus.
That first sentence is utter bollocks and you know it.

If you look at my recent games, I have had a bit of an issue with getting scum read early on before becoming town read later on. WIML has defended me in a number of games. For example, in Wheel of Fortune, which all 3 of us played you can see he defended me at posts #147, #336, #339, #341,#475, #616, #682, #683, #701, #722, #746, #793

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost4934139

The one game I played recently without WIML I died on day 1.

So I would be massively suspicious of WIML if he DIDN'T defend me (and that's probably why he did)
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Duskfall »

Tbh I agree wurzel isn't necessarily town off that claim
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

This game still feels like a hard solve to me but we are definitely a lot closer now but I'm fine with seeing the flip and role pm, going from there
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:47 pm

If you look at my recent games, I have had a bit of an issue with getting scum read early on before becoming town read later on. WIML has defended me in a number of games. For example, in Wheel of Fortune, which all 3 of us played you can see he defended me at posts #147, #336, #339, #341,#475, #616, #682, #683, #701, #722, #746, #793

So I would be massively suspicious of WIML if he DIDN'T defend me (and that's probably why he did)
No offense, but why would he care if you sussed him? Concern that in the face of all the town reads he otherwise accumulated that you were gonna gather your supporters and come for him with torches and pitchforks?
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
lost monkey
The Mark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by lost monkey »

Wurzel has more chances of being the sk than scum.
ImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

I mean if there's 2 kills tonight then that will be fairly damning for wurzel

If there is not then there's likely no sk
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:57 pm

No offense, but why would he care if you sussed him? Concern that in the face of all the town reads he otherwise accumulated that you were gonna gather your supporters and come for him with torches and pitchforks?
Maybe he wouldn't care on CFC but you are forgetting that both him and me are new to this server. If a new player said that another new player was scum due to meta, are you suggesting that the rest of the players on here would just ignore that? Especially when the votes were spread quite widely.
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

Well as the yeet is already sorted out for today, I might as well start on those ISOs. First up Orange Crush
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

That didn't take long with only 22 posts.

I know I like setup speculation but a disproportionate amount of this ISO concerns the set up.

Has only made one read of any type on me (doesn't trust).

Most recent post #1900 is a bit weird "Do you think lurking makes me more or less likely to be scum"

CONCLUSION: Not enough evidence to solidly read as town or scum now but firmly in the POE. If their posting doesn't improve likely to be resolved by reading other slots
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

SIG's ISO

#950 - "Anyone who isn’t voting sleep is probably mafia so is long con" - I really don't like this post. Why would people vote sleep on D1
#973 - "Hollow is a stalker which probably equals mafia but they’re amusing so I’m not gonna lynch them". I wasn't in favour of lynching HK myself as I wanted to vig him but this is a bad reason not to.
#1067 - Culture clash between myself and Sig over Gavial
#1068 - Doesn't believe Nanook's PR claim
#1071 - "Maybe idk I'm not reading the thread that closely. Just let me fuck around until like we're at Lynch or Loose and I'll be serious." - not helpful to town
#1235 - "Don, Alison and an Inactive are my three mafia reads. Runner up is everyone else playing so post game i can say I was right."
#1237 - Adds Ender to the list
#1470 - Very critical of Ydrasse's first big post
#1472 - Alison is accusing sig of being scum due to previous inconsistencies
Day 1 - Sig doesn't vote
#1808 - This is the post that I really hated as Sig refuses to give reads
#1813 - "I'm really just not liking Ydrasse posts, I don't think anyone them included responded to my post talking about their entry one. And that was one of my only on topic things. I could see them being mafia at this point, Don i'm still feeling meh on. Tim, LC, and Wiml seem towny. The day vig also confirms that." - Town reads WIML. Possible partner equity?
#1816 - Doesn't like Tim's 4 wolves "See I don't know how I feel about this though. Do you suspect they're mafia or what. like how does chopping them get us mafia." Again partner equity with WIML as pushing back on Tim

CONCLUSION: 2 things I really don't like - the refusal to provide reads and the no vote on D1 when he said we shouldn't lynch HK. Partner equity with WIML. Definitely not partnered with Ydrasse. Lean scum

I'll do some more ISOs tomorrow - Falcon and someone else.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Don Wurzeloni wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Maybe he wouldn't care on CFC but you are forgetting that both him and me are new to this server. If a new player said that another new player was scum due to meta, are you suggesting that the rest of the players on here would just ignore that? Especially when the votes were spread quite widely.
Taking the "you are both new here" one step further...as a wolf if you are town he could just soft peddle the read. "Yeah, I think he's town and yeah we've played before." Let you get killed anyway, and play it off as he was never sure either way. Where's the benefit to w!Wiml of a strong white knight play on a t!Wurzel when you are in fact new to the server and not likely to have a lot of influence?

Compare it to his treatment of me. Sure, I was a townread...but always "just because Esooa" and he talked about "taking another look" at least two or three times. He was clearly setting up the eventual flip on the read there. And he was all bravado about how I couldn't put him over. Again, no offense, but if he is ready to challenge me about putting him over do you really think he was gonna kid glove you?
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 248

Post by Creature »

Ok my POE is still:

1. Falcon45ca :: ISO
7. orangecrush :: ISO
9. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME :: ISO
13. Dolby :: ISO sig :: ISO
14. Wiml :: ISO
16. lost monkey :: ISO
17. Long Con :: ISO Marmot :: ISO

and my order would be:

Wiml >>> Marmot > NANOOK > orangecrush/sig/lost monkey >>> Falcon
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Pretty sure I've harddefended town as wolf before. You're kinda supposed to do it to keep appearances.
orangecrush
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by orangecrush »

Wurzel is probably town
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think town should have the means of solving it
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Creature wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:22 pm Pretty sure I've harddefended town as wolf before. You're kinda supposed to do it to keep appearances.
There's a point to it, so we do it. What was the point to Wiml hard defending Wurzel if Wurzel was town? Did he need to pocket Wurzel? Why? What does a pocketed Wurzel do for him?
ImageImageImageImage
orangecrush
Stool Pigeon

Post by orangecrush »

[VOTE: lost monkey] aubergine
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 184

Post by falcon45ca »

orangecrush wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:35 pm [VOTE: lost monkey] aubergine
I like the vote, but not your posts. Are you gonna slank the whole game?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
orangecrush
Stool Pigeon

Post by orangecrush »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:39 pm
orangecrush wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:35 pm [VOTE: lost monkey] aubergine
I like the vote, but not your posts. Are you gonna slank the whole game?
i have been busy today
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Slank means coasting it seems.

Every community has their own slang lol.
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:41 pm
Don Wurzeloni wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Taking the "you are both new here" one step further...as a wolf if you are town he could just soft peddle the read. "Yeah, I think he's town and yeah we've played before." Let you get killed anyway, and play it off as he was never sure either way. Where's the benefit to w!Wiml of a strong white knight play on a t!Wurzel when you are in fact new to the server and not likely to have a lot of influence?

Compare it to his treatment of me. Sure, I was a townread...but always "just because Esooa" and he talked about "taking another look" at least two or three times. He was clearly setting up the eventual flip on the read there. And he was all bravado about how I couldn't put him over. Again, no offense, but if he is ready to challenge me about putting him over do you really think he was gonna kid glove you?
I'm sure that is how you would play it and it might well be how I would play it but it is not how WIML would play it. It is a fundamental part of WIML's game that he likes to defend town players he knows regardless of alignment.

For example, lets look at his most recent completed scum game:

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/se ... st_4868873

In this game, WIML subbed in on day 1 as a wolf. He said he didn't know many players in this game but is soon defending one of the players he does know Marluxion at #517, #525, #542, #663. Marl was town here and as we know is a good player. By your logic, WIML should not be doing this but he is. This is how we plays the game and IMHO why he gets town read so often because people don't believe a scum player would white knight.

And as an aside you say that WIML was questioning you but in his reads list he had you as more town than me #1787

"Duskfall/Tim/Ydrasse/Wurzel/Creature/You town.
sig/LC very weakly town.
Herm wolf. Rest of PoE is probably Nanook and LoMo/orange from having no read there."
Don Wurzeloni
Stool Pigeon

Post by Don Wurzeloni »

Sorry I accidentally seem to have bolded most of the last post.

Off to bed.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Slank = Coasting = Floaters = Lurkers

That's one slank son of a bitch!

Look at that slank son of a gun!
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

:werewolf:
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Good night Wurzel!
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Wiml wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:52 am Orange/LoMo/KZA are null slots for me and those are the ones I'm going to look at more today.

GTH Dusk is town.
Wiml wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:57 am Currently my PoE is something like:

Herm
Nanook
KZA

After that I would be looking at sig and long con. There's a pretty large gap in towniness above that point.
Kaz flipped green, Herm is pretty lock given Wiml flips red.

Orange, LoMo, Nanook....and then Sig & LC/Marmot tossed on as well, but not part of his main group
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Get that wolf!

Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

I'm a bit more lenient rn on Nanook, but it's possible Wiml threw in a scummate's name in a mix of 3.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27

Re: Bird Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Syn »

DAY 2 ENDS

It looked like another day, just as any other. The birds squabbled, they tweeted, they foot-fleeted, but then an incriminating cheep was uttered.

They stop. Silence.

Dodo stares in horror from her perch.

Everyone turns to look at Wiml the Canada Goose. Could it be true? Was this bird responsible for selling one of their own?

Dodo watches as the birds gather together and peck at Wiml. He crumbles beneath the onslaught, no longer visible even from a bird's-eye view. When the flock backs away, all that's left is a goose plucked clean, featherless and helpless.

A passing tourist mistakes him for a roast chicken and takes him home for dinner. And not the romantic kind.

Far above, Dodo stamps her feet. "Well, I wasn't paying attention anyway," she says. But she knows that's a lie. She knows this is important, dearly so.

The birds are satisfied. They've done good.

Wiml the Canada Goose was eliminated. They were MAFIA.

WIML, you are a Canada Goose. The Canada goose is a large wild goose with a black head and neck, white cheeks, white under its chin, and a brown body. It is native to the arctic and temperate regions of North America, and its migration occasionally reaches across the Atlantic to northern Europe.

You are a ROLEBLOCKER. You are part of the Mafia team.

Every night, you can select a player and prevent their night action from taking place.

You cannot select the same player on consecutive nights.

You win when you achieve parity with town.

DAY 2 has ended, and NIGHT 2 has begun. You have 23 hours to submit a night action to me via PM. DAY 3 begins at 3:00 PM PDT, June 17.

Twilight chat will go for ONE HOUR from this post.
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

OK, Herm confirmed town.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

wahoo
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I've got a theory that Top Wolf Poster was Wiml, there must be a Bottom Wolf Poster.

Vig target one of the lower posters in the game plz
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sig, Orange are good targets
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:09 pm I've got a theory that Top Wolf Poster was Wiml, there must be a Bottom Wolf Poster.

we dont have a vig wurzel already claimed one shot
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Duskfall wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:11 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:09 pm I've got a theory that Top Wolf Poster was Wiml, there must be a Bottom Wolf Poster.

we dont have a vig wurzel already claimed one shot
Pffffft, he's got more. Doc save him, hopefully we've got 1 of those.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:02 pm OK, Herm confirmed town.
QUACK!
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:02 pm OK, Herm confirmed town.
Guess that's it
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Go to sleep, birdies.

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Re: Bird Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Syn »

DAY 3 BEGINS

It is quiet. Too quiet.

Let's have a look at what Dodo is up to.

Dodo... where are you? There she is.

She is asleep. It seems she didn't manage to get up to any shenanigans overnight. Perhaps a bird tinkered with her alarm?

Either way, the birds have woken up, whole. Optimism is in the air.

There was no kill Night 2.

You have 48 hours to select the next elimination.

@falcon45ca
@Herm
@Duskfall
@Don Wurzeloni
@Creature
@orangecrush
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
@Timsup2nothin
@sig
@lost monkey
@Marmot

ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Nice
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Yeah sweet.

Good play by a doc?
ImageImageImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Let's hope it's a blocker
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

If you are a doc and believe you made a successful save, keep that information to yourself. It is great that you can lock clear (probably) your target, but we probably are not going to be trying to chop whoever you saved anyway. Just push somewhere else and hold your mud, no need to snitch yourself out here.
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I am once again asking you to kill ydrasse
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Duskfall wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:42 pm Let's hope it's a blocker
If it was a blocker that is functionally a red check. That needs to be shared, but take a lesson from Creature yesterday. By holding his cards until the EoD run up he gave Wiml all day to spew his team.
ImageImageImageImage
lost monkey
The Mark

Post by lost monkey »

Orange needs to post more.
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:45 pm I am once again asking you to kill ydrasse
This seems a reasonable request, but I am really interested in killing Wurzel.
ImageImageImageImage
lost monkey
The Mark

Post by lost monkey »

Falcon is probably scum but i dont think that lynch will be happening today.
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

[VOTE: Wurzel] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”