Total votes: 22
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 684
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:57 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:52 pm I get called out for being "opportunistic" almost every town game it's kinda funny
Nutella, I've been in a game or two where you wolfed and you got flat caught for being opportunistic. I can believe that you have incentive to make opportunism a feature in your town play to make it NAI. I can also believe that it is just something you do and is genuinely NAI. But you might wanna not laugh it off because in just my short time I have seen it getting you sussed both correctly and incorrectly, so maybe you wanna just jettison it?
Which games?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 627
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:55 pm Break for reading that i guess
are you looking for an out?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:57 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:54 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:52 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm My issue with Nutella here is that I've had basically no content as is normal for me, and yet somehow she's giving a pass to other posters with similar reps (Nanook, Wilgy, et al) and apparently can't formulate any better reads on people with far more content. I am her *only* wolf read, and all I've done is shitpost as usual. My one bit of content, at a stretch, is a mild and brief back and forth with falcon where I felt he was being hedgey and forcing a push on me (and I stand by that, though I don't know it's AI for him) and that's apaprently enough to have her decide I am not only a wolf but her *only* wolf so far.

It's an opportunistic nudge and she's not disguising it well enough.
I don't think she's given a pass to Nanook at all. Also I dislike that you're pushing Nutella because she kind of is obvtown at this point (when I've seen her wolf she hasn't had nearly as much conviction and aggressiveness as she does as town) and I feel like the reasons you're using of "why is Nut only scumreading me for low content this is unfair" can easily come from scum.
Nutella is obv town?
I think so. She doesn't replicate her town meta that well as wolf ime and doesn't have the same conviction. She's felt less comfortable and almost aimless the last couple times I saw her wolf.
Like, she makes pushes as wolf but doesn't have the same reasoning and conviction behind them. For example, this game her analyzing Nook's fluff posts was a really towny post since I don't think w!Nutella would think to look in that level of detail.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Yeah I like that Hyena case. The "reaction testing" thing was certainly a weird discredit and I'm not convinced the sloonei suspicion was ever real. For some reason I liked a few of his posts overnight but reading over this is bringing me back, I may un-table him
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 338

Post by 112 »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:55 pm
112 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:50 pm I will say that it looks like Nute is turning the back-and-forth into a "look, maybe you're town" when the start of the conversation was more centred around MR thinking she's wolfing. It's possible she's trying to placate.
You said Nut was obvtown earlier, do you still townread her?
Yes.

I'll say something if there's a bad look for my townreads but it doesn't mean my read has changed.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Inb4 I'm opportunistic for that last post
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:52 pm I get called out for being "opportunistic" almost every town game it's kinda funny
Nutella, I've been in a game or two where you wolfed and you got flat caught for being opportunistic. I can believe that you have incentive to make opportunism a feature in your town play to make it NAI. I can also believe that it is just something you do and is genuinely NAI. But you might wanna not laugh it off because in just my short time I have seen it getting you sussed both correctly and incorrectly, so maybe you wanna just jettison it?
Doesn't being opportunistic with pushes require TMI?
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 1125

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:53 pm Tim, what’s your take on the MR/nutella fisticuffs?
If there was a host post confirming one as wolf I'd say that one is Nutella 90% plus, but without that confirmation it is like as not TvT.

But it's another thing where I am really curious about what Sloonei would have to say. I am already dangerously close to saying that if Nutella or Sloonei ever flips wolf I will turbo the other.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1011
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:59 pm
nah
for example
[VOTE: Hyena] aubergine
Pov: you reading my takes
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

this isn't a thing. I don't deliberately play wolfy as town, ever. It's in fact probably part of why I'm bad at wolfing, bc I don't put any thought into that as town and just play how I feel. I'm saying that I get called "opportunistic" for things that are just genuine reads.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:58 pm
No I legit didn't want to and thought your timing was rather amazingly bad
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I suppose I should figure out what you're all on about now too.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:58 pm
Which games?
Radiohead and U-Pick.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:01 pm
No I legit didn't want to and thought your timing was rather amazingly bad
oops
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:00 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:53 pm Tim, what’s your take on the MR/nutella fisticuffs?
If there was a host post confirming one as wolf I'd say that one is Nutella 90% plus, but without that confirmation it is like as not TvT.

But it's another thing where I am really curious about what Sloonei would have to say. I am already dangerously close to saying that if Nutella or Sloonei ever flips wolf I will turbo the other.
if Sloonei is wolf he has me pocketed and that would be very deliberate on his part. I don't think it's the case though.

His Hyena wall just now is classic town sloonei
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 0]

Post by Thunal33 »

Hyena wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:37 pm Okay, for real though? Sloonei is mafia. He's the only one that seems to not be joking around with any of us at the moment. He seems very uncomfortable at the moment, which I also take to mean that he doesn't have any teammates that are active right now. Make a note who's joking around right now.
Hyena wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:58 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:42 pm i dont rly gotta prove anything though. lets say for the sake of argument we're both town and take that as fact temporarily. if u can argue that my perception of u was off and i should be fixing it, i can easily argue that if ur wrongly scumreading me its ur fault and u should be forced to walk back naked thu burning coals. so like, this "blaming game" of "u did something i dislike" doesntcut it for me / im not gonna play it / im not gonna accept to feel pressured into being towny in case ppl arent interpreting me as towny. im here playing my town game, saying whats on my mind, and it is what it is, im not rly gonna jump thru hoops and loops to please demands
This sounds and feels defensive!
Hyena wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:31 am
Hyena wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:28 am
112 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:19 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:18 am
Hyena wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:59 pm ANYWAY

It looks like my towncore right now is Nutella, Tutuu, Kylemii, and Thunal? Sloonei, Mac, and Syn are NOT in based on reading this page.
You shouldn't be townreading me. Why are you?
yeah that's a big flag

most of Hyena's posts have been NAI with one that I thought was towny
lol, 112 is scum
To clarify why, 112 slipped that she hasn't read "most" of my posts. XD
I'm looking through Hyena's ISO rn and these don't look like real thoughts (the reasoning on these takes is weak).
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:02 pm
Which games?
Radiohead and U-Pick.
I thought she was suspected for memeing too much in Radiohead. But I wasn't playing, so maybe i missed some nuance.

I definitely remember an opportunistic nutella in u-pick. :disappoint:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: hyena] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

It was hard for me not to think you were providing her one.

However you had shadowed that you were working on something...and now we know what.

But I'm still looking to you for reading through the Radishes Nutella interaction and giving an opinion.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Damn look at me just hopping on that wagon
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:59 pm
Not really. A lot of town players don't like being sussed, and they can "get on the easy one" just instinctively to make themselves "part of the crowd."
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Okay, i buy the nutella/MR as a v/v interaction now. Nutella’s ATE has won me over
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

[VOTE: Hyena] aubergine
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1077

Post by Master Radishes »

Tune in next episode for MR pushing 112 for being scum.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:05 pm Damn look at me just hopping on that wagon
https://media1.tenor.com/images/2e50d1f ... id=3569979
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:08 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:05 pm Damn look at me just hopping on that wagon
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I like to think I've gotten better at reading Radish and he really just feels more in his scum meta from his level of engagement here. And he keeps saying "I've just been fluffing as usual" when that's entirely *not* what he's been doing, I would have townread him if he was.

But maybe I should just wait for @Dyslexicon to read him XD

I've been wrong about Hyena a few times too but I agree with thunal, his sloonei takes look more manufactured than not.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:07 pm Okay, i buy the nutella/MR as a v/v interaction now. Nutella’s ATE has won me over
Cool thanks wolf
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:03 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:00 pm

if Sloonei is wolf he has me pocketed and that would be very deliberate on his part. I don't think it's the case though.

His Hyena wall just now is classic town sloonei
I agree with two out of three sentences here, and the third one I just think is neutral.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jpic has been trending down down down
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:08 pm Tune in next episode for MR pushing 112 for being scum.
popcorn.gif
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:09 pm Jpic has been trending down down down
Go on
Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:08 pm I like to think I've gotten better at reading Radish and he really just feels more in his scum meta from his level of engagement here. And he keeps saying "I've just been fluffing as usual" when that's entirely *not* what he's been doing, I would have townread him if he was.
(Not trying to start anything - I'm genuinely curious here.) Our little spat aside, what have I done that's not fluffing?

I don't remember every single post I've made, but I've given very little thought to this game so far and have not read most of it, so your take on me here surprises me. I don't know if I've accidentally done some solving or something and just forgotten about it?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 39

Post by dunya »

@dyachei has replaced @sig
Please do not discuss this action in the thread.
If you have any questions, PM a host or mod. Thanks!
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 91
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

hey all, catching up. anyone wanna give me some cliff notes?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:04 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:02 pm
Which games?
Radiohead and U-Pick.
I thought she was suspected for memeing too much in Radiohead. But I wasn't playing, so maybe i missed some nuance.

I definitely remember an opportunistic nutella in u-pick. :disappoint:
Radiohead she got kinda slam dunked by Mac who usually shorthands the actual reasoning into "because I say so"...or maybe I just tune out his reasoning and either go along or don't...but I personally was kinda seeing similarities from opportunistic U-Pick Nutella in Radiohead.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 584

Post by MacDougall »

Here I am
Master Radishes
Hitman

dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:12 pm hey all, catching up. anyone wanna give me some cliff notes?
I'm scum.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:11 pm
Go on
You've been on the sidelines and nudging forward suspicions of me, and now calling me/radish v/v could be tmi or you could be his teammate. Your iso is really passive as a whole and you seem to want to go with the flow, and a bit more so when the "flow" was to suspect me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:13 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:12 pm hey all, catching up. anyone wanna give me some cliff notes?
I'm scum.
:beer:

I can see it
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 584

Post by MacDougall »

I see Conlong San has joined me on the Wagon of Wilg.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

My cliff note is :don't bother...I've backread nothing and seem to be doing fine.

And welcome to the game...I am really excited to be playing with you again!!!
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh hey dya!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

are you a wolf tim?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hyena has been a pretty hot topic. Myself, radish, and nanook to varying extents as well
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:15 pm are you a wolf tim?
Not this time, sadly.

I mean, I'm always a wolf, but the rand has betrayed me again so I am a leashed town wolf instead of my favored free roaming wolf wolf.
ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:08 pm I like to think I've gotten better at reading Radish and he really just feels more in his scum meta from his level of engagement here. And he keeps saying "I've just been fluffing as usual" when that's entirely *not* what he's been doing, I would have townread him if he was.

But maybe I should just wait for @Dyslexicon to read him XD

I've been wrong about Hyena a few times too but I agree with thunal, his sloonei takes look more manufactured than not.
Does he tend to engage more as town than as mafia?
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:11 pm
(Not trying to start anything - I'm genuinely curious here.) Our little spat aside, what have I done that's not fluffing?

I don't remember every single post I've made, but I've given very little thought to this game so far and have not read most of it, so your take on me here surprises me. I don't know if I've accidentally done some solving or something and just forgotten about it?
Well sure part of it is including our exchange. But your exchange with falcon earlier too was a bit more serious and defensive than I'd expect from town you.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:14 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:11 pm
Go on
You've been on the sidelines and nudging forward suspicions of me, and now calling me/radish v/v could be tmi or you could be his teammate. Your iso is really passive as a whole and you seem to want to go with the flow, and a bit more so when the "flow" was to suspect me.
Are you accusing JPIC of opportunistically pushing you without good reasons?
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

oh this is a dope playerlist

and tim it's good to play with you again, i just have concerns about you lying to me here

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”