Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 0]

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:06 pm Nutella reads me very well. She is one of the players Mafia Sloonei worries about the most. She has gotten better at discerning the differences between my town and scum games recently, and catches me most of the time when I’m bad.

As such, I usually gauge my read on her through her read on me. In this game she treated me with some initial skepticism but came around to a town read before long. I feel like I’ve been decently town to this point, but not in the hyperactive and undeniable way that I am capable of. If nutella is a mafier here, I feel like she keeps up the skepticism a bit longer, either to keep me off balance or to earn my trust by challenging me. That she town reads me for a more subdued (by my standards) town performance thus far is a good sign to me.

Nutella town.
If you live long enough the foil will return im sure
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 627
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:06 pm Nutella reads me very well. She is one of the players Mafia Sloonei worries about the most. She has gotten better at discerning the differences between my town and scum games recently, and catches me most of the time when I’m bad.

As such, I usually gauge my read on her through her read on me. In this game she treated me with some initial skepticism but came around to a town read before long. I feel like I’ve been decently town to this point, but not in the hyperactive and undeniable way that I am capable of. If nutella is a mafier here, I feel like she keeps up the skepticism a bit longer, either to keep me off balance or to earn my trust by challenging me. That she town reads me for a more subdued (by my standards) town performance thus far is a good sign to me.

Nutella town.
Yes, but there's still the possibility of you being scum together so this means nothing to me
Do you have a reason to actively suspect us together?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

Made wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:07 pm

Nutella town.
@tutuu

For example this would be team Sloonutelle
perhaps

towny post from u, at least

or at least, not partnery with nutella and sloonei. i should start making notes in a chart

and on top of that i should balance that with not being too obv town and eating a night kill

lol
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:08 pm I exist, but don't expect me to post before at least half the game is dead. Sorryboutit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ily
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 341
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:09 pm

Nutella town.
Yes, but there's still the possibility of you being scum together so this means nothing to me
puts on tinfoil hat

Why yes, yes I do.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:08 pm Inb4 this goes too far, I doubt sloonei would play this THIS hard if Nutella and Sloonei were on the same team. Mafia may just be pocketing each other
For what it’s worth, I seldom live long as either alignment these days, so my mafia strategy is more about misdirection than preservation.

I’m not mafia in this game.

What do you mean about “mafia pocketing each other”?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think that day 7 is a decent cut off for mafia games to end, has a previous GoC game went beyond day 7?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:09 pm

Nutella town.
puts on tinfoil hat

Why yes, yes I do.
Tell me more
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Nutella town.
Not at the moment, no. But from my perspective, your town read isn't a good enough reason for me to agree with it so far.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1011
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 pm
Made wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:08 pm Inb4 this goes too far, I doubt sloonei would play this THIS hard if Nutella and Sloonei were on the same team. Mafia may just be pocketing each other
For what it’s worth, I seldom live long as either alignment these days, so my mafia strategy is more about misdirection than preservation.

If multiple teams, and mafia goes for pocketing, there are situations where mafia tries to pocket mafia. If that happens they both protect each other as an insurance policy as they kill town before they realize they’re both bad
Pov: you reading my takes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 pm i think that day 7 is a decent cut off for mafia games to end, has a previous GoC game went beyond day 7?
I think last year’s went to like Day 9.

This opposition to long games shall not stand.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1077

Post by Master Radishes »

As I skimmed to catch up my eyes glazed over and I just saw

'multiball.........multiball.........multiball.........multiball.........multiball.........multiball.........'
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1057

Post by Syn »

tutuu wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:11 pm i think that day 7 is a decent cut off for mafia games to end, has a previous GoC game went beyond day 7?
it's still day negative three, calm down
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:13 pm
I think last year’s went to like Day 9.

This opposition to long games shall not stand.
day 9 is not the end of the world

ppl just lose motivation to play if it goes further than day 7 i think - example shadow corridors where pretty much everyone just wanted the game to end and be free
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Nutella town.
Why would she do that? I think mafia!Nutella would townread you if you're town. Here's why: the alternative (since afaik Nutella usually has a pretty strong read on you so I don't think she'd ever call you null) is scumreading you and mafia!Nutella pushing town!you hard would be basically a death sentence if she caused your misyeet. Even if she didn't push you hard, Nutella scumreading you would look bad for her if you flip town no matter what.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 341
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:12 pm

Nutella town.
puts on tinfoil hat

Why yes, yes I do.
Tell me more
That's all I've got, a tin-foil hat.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:13 pm

If multiple teams, and mafia goes for pocketing, there are situations where mafia tries to pocket mafia. If that happens they both protect each other as an insurance policy as they kill town before they realize they’re both bad
This... is a pretty perfect summary of what happened with me and Jay last year. :biggrin:

I am town. I think nutella is too. Give me a GTH read on each of us, Made. Please and thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

If Sloonei and Nutella are scum mates I'll catch 'em, don't worry guys.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:16 pm

Nutella town.
Why would she do that? I think mafia!Nutella would townread you if you're town. Here's why: the alternative (since afaik Nutella usually has a pretty strong read on you so I don't think she'd ever call you null) is scumreading you and mafia!Nutella pushing town!you hard would be basically a death sentence if she caused your misyeet. Even if she didn't push you hard, Nutella scumreading you would look bad for her if you flip town no matter what.
Is there any other reason you townread nutella?
ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Syn wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:15 pm
it's still day negative three, calm down
i was just asking a question and im also interested in game design and balance?
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 214

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:53 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:37 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:31 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:30 am Banjo - Kazooie is a fuckin epic game, but Goldeneye is better
incorrect
Ok, this guy is prolly town. Only a towny could be so wrong
goldeneye was good for its time but has been surpassed in its genre ten times over.
Ok, this guy prolly still town. Only a towny could still be so wrong
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Nutella town.
Because nutella usually begins from a position of skepticism on me, and this usually lasts a bit longer than it does for other folks. We’ve got a bit of history of mutual suspicion and feeling each other out early in games. I expect mafia nutella to keep up appearances in that regard, rather than avoiding all confrontation. This is a very nutella-specific read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

I feel like when reading the list of people voting for each people that the poll can basically be a proxy personality test.

The third option is the chaos option.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:12 pm

Nutella town.
puts on tinfoil hat

Why yes, yes I do.
Tell me more
That's all I've got, a tin-foil hat.
Do you have a read on either of us?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:50 pm im not sure why im not getting more townreads as #2 poster, i feel like i'm out of my scumrange but it's possible i'm not as obvious bc i'm distracted by work and stuff
This is so scummy, nutella might be town
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Nutella town.
Is there any other reason you townread nutella?
Nothing that I would take to the bank. But I also have no reason to suspect her either.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 1248
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

consistently 30 posts behind. it's almost like I'm the only one trying to read the thread while cleaning fishtanks
Master Radishes
Hitman

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:20 pm consistently 30 posts behind. it's almost like I'm the only one trying to read the thread while cleaning fishtanks
Your mistake is trying to read the thread.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1011
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:16 pm

This... is a pretty perfect summary of what happened with me and Jay last year. :biggrin:

I am town. I think nutella is too. Give me a GTH read on each of us, Made. Please and thanks.
GTH t/w couldn’t tell you which tbh. Ur questions seem your normal odd, she doesn’t seem off, but everyone coming for her, and you hard defend? Dats odd. Tbh everyone coming from Nutella might be the biggest sign that there’s two teams, but that’s tea 🐸 🍵

I’m done pretend to know things

Brain go bloop bloop
Pov: you reading my takes
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:19 pm I feel like when reading the list of people voting for each people that the poll can basically be a proxy personality test.

I feel like you're def playing within your scum range.

Why, MR, why?
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Nutella town.
Because nutella usually begins from a position of skepticism on me, and this usually lasts a bit longer than it does for other folks. We’ve got a bit of history of mutual suspicion and feeling each other out early in games. I expect mafia nutella to keep up appearances in that regard, rather than avoiding all confrontation. This is a very nutella-specific read.
Okay. I'm still not going to call Nutella town now but I think her alignment will end up being clear.
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:21 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:19 pm I feel like when reading the list of people voting for each people that the poll can basically be a proxy personality test.

Why, MR, why?
Yeah I probably am. Why do you feel the need to keep bringing this up?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think that sloonei isn't teammates with nutella and that he also is getting fooled by nutella / he levelled himself too much
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Personality test? Now I'm interested. It actually might indicate how risk taking someone is.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:16 pm

GTH t/w couldn’t tell you which tbh. Ur questions seem your normal odd, she doesn’t seem off, but everyone coming for her, and you hard defend? Dats odd. Tbh everyone coming from Nutella might be the biggest sign that there’s two teams, but that’s tea 🐸 🍵

I’m done pretend to know things

Brain go bloop bloop
I have a town read on a player I know well while others suspect her. I’m gonna speak up about it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:23 pm

Personality test? Now I'm interested. It actually might indicate how risk taking someone is.
I voted for the most intriguing narrative option. I want to see Little Epi’s dreams as teased by Big Epi.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 684
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:46 pm someone ping me with who I should offer a bargain to before EOD, else I'll use my own discretion, and you don't want that since I'm not caught up
There's only one right decision. :srsnod: :srsnod:
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:22 pm

Why, MR, why?
I'm worried it means you're scum
Master Radishes
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:40 pm

Why, MR, why?
I don't think you are.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 1125

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:20 pm consistently 30 posts behind. it's almost like I'm the only one trying to read the thread while cleaning fishtanks
If there is anyone else trying yo read the whole thread while cleaning fishtanks they should speak up, because that would be really amazing.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:50 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:40 pm

Why, MR, why?
I don't think you are.
Why so cynical?
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 1125

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Asking Radishes why he is cynical is like asking Tutuu why she is cute.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 584

Post by MacDougall »

Ron't roo what Robby Ront roes
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

112 I like that you're involved. I missed this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Someone point me at an iso
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 822
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Syn wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:32 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:29 am
cat wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:59 am Meow. Meeeeeeoooow.
Hi. You're already part of my towncore with nutella, tutuu, Kylemii, Thunal, and a couple others! So is Falcon!
why does your town core contain all the wolves :slick:
This... is a good question!
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 822
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Marmot wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:39 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:25 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:05 pm I do have one lock mafia tho. nanook is lock mafia here.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:06 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME how dare you rand mafia without me.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:07 pm Yeah checked the ISO. 95% mafia is Nook. Trust that read. Trust it.
mac obviously isnt trying to be taken seriously here @Sloonei
Mac is trying to impersonate me, but he doesn't understand that I usually have REASONS why I call people mafia early game. :D
I see you had a not-towncore of Mac, Syn, and 112 at this point. What were those reasons?
They aren't animals! :D Those that are towncore are animals!
Alison
Posts in topic: 237

Post by Alison »

oh right it's good to supply me with like 2 or 3 names and let me pick between them

else the mafia will just kill the people I bargain with, which is bad for both of us (bad for town because your consensus town with a powerful ability just got shot, bad for me because it doesn't help me fulfil my win condition if they die)

also yes I side with mafia in a vacuum and root for them if I'm spectator but I'm also not going to put in effort to help mafia win after I've already fulfilled my win condition, especially since doing so means I never get to out as 3P in the future, which is far more important to me than helping out mafia in a single game /shrug
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison
Posts in topic: 237

Post by Alison »

currently the names I've been given are tutuu and LC, I'll choose between them for my bargain! if anyone has a third option speak up now and ideally ping me to make sure I see!
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”